Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
my two cents: if we offer ryan carter...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

my two cents: if we offer ryan carter...

Jul 6, 2012, 9:33 AM

I will be extremely disappointed in dabo. I was really excited when we picked up nkemdiche. but i was just a little bit wary of his commitment status because i felt it was only because of his friends. then i definitely didn't like it when his QB buddy all of a sudden wanted to transfer. we don't need another QB. plain and simple. now this (if it's true and not taken out of context) is a tipping point for how clemson, dabo, and the football program are going to be run. no #1 talent is worth all of this. we have plenty of other talented players ready to go out for clemson and we shouldn't be offering kids like carter when we have limited space and no need for him. Nkemdiche's talent won't compensate for the poison he will be for our team when it looks like he's running our recruiting. I've always thought of Dabo as a great leader who turned our boys into men. Dabo's rep will take a serious hit in my eyes if we offer Carter. feel free to disagree

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw That

Jul 6, 2012, 9:38 AM

No man is worth five scholarships (or 4 and a preferred walk-on.) I would have no problem if they pulled his scholarship for all this. Yes I want Nkemdiche but we don't need some prima donna running the ship. No one man is bigger than the team. Offer him as a preferred walk-on but don't waste scholarships when we only have 8ish left to give.

Re: Screw That

Jul 6, 2012, 9:38 AM

Ryan Carter as a walk-on, I mean.

Re: my two cents: if we offer ryan carter...

Jul 6, 2012, 9:40 AM

I agree with basically everything you said. The only place I differ, is that I don't care or mind about the Miss St QB. He isn't going to be given a scholarship, so as long as it doesn't affect the #s, I am fine with it.

We will never see the field though, and as long as he is cool with that, I am fine with him being on the sidelines.

Jul 6, 2012, 9:41 AM

I am sure we would still be in play for several DEs if he decided to leave. We also are in the lead group for several high profile RBs. I want RN and Gallman but it is not the end of the world if they decided to go elsewhere.

I don't think Gallman would leave even if Robert did. He loves Clemson and wants to play for Dabo and Morris. In the next few months the QB from Greyson will be enrolling so if we tell Carter no RN will have to decide which friend means more to him.

null

Jul 6, 2012, 10:11 AM

B I N G O !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: my two cents: if we offer ryan carter...

Jul 6, 2012, 9:50 AM

If we could get DeMarcus Walker somehow I wouldn't care if they cut ties with Nkemdiche. I have always been a little weary about his commitment. I knew he would try and pull some stunt.

I have no problem with the QB because he's walking on and will be on campus in the fall and I like Gallman, he's a true Tiger. But Nkemdiche is in it for his buddies, and they're riding his coattails all the way. Please dont offer this kid Carter or we will absolutely be the laughing stock of college football.

Re: Re: my two cents: if we offer ryan carter...

Jul 6, 2012, 10:12 AM

B I N G O #2 !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, it is a little shady but...

Jul 6, 2012, 9:51 AM

didn't I see somewhere that Grayson is one of the top high school teams in the country? If so, that probably means that some of these guys are legit (Kamara at least). Not the QB walk on or Ryan Carter.

Jul 6, 2012, 10:00 AM

i'm ultimately hoping this is just another story being blown out of proportion by the media (i.e. nkemdiche just saying this to help his buddy get some attention from colleges, because any school still trying to sway him will offer this kid as well). and hopefully he has no real intention of holding his commitment hostage for this guy.

Travis Haney is hitting the nail on the head

Jul 6, 2012, 10:24 AM

he's just now made some posts about the Nkemdiche's statements http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=TravHaneyESPN

Give the whole d@mn team walk on status.

Jul 6, 2012, 10:36 AM

If they make the team they make the team. If not they go home.That's how WALK ONS work.

Wait a sec

Jul 6, 2012, 10:39 AM

You mean to tell me if you could get the number 1 player in the country plus 2 3 stars you would offer????

Plus i think one if not both 3 stars move to 4

It's called business

Re: Wait a sec

Jul 6, 2012, 10:42 AM

You would not offer

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic