Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
joe blue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

joe blue

Aug 7, 2014, 8:42 AM

The argument that blues grades were not good in the 9th and 10th grade is laughable at best. The fact of the matter is the young mans fate was sealed when the 2 db's were allowed in. It is a shame what is happening to kids down there. Just this spring coach superior said "we have the youngest team in america" if you coots will remember correctly. Now they are set to sign at least 29 new guys. Which current players will pay for this. Why should anyone be surprised. It happens every year that a certain group of players are culled. At some point hopefully coaches will get the message as to what is happening. I expect the typical company line response but that is what is happening and it should be evident to anyone that keeps up with what is going on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: joe blue

Aug 7, 2014, 8:58 AM

I'm sure Tanner condones this policy. After all, that's how he went to 4 CWS finals....hold tryouts every yr and keep cutting out the dead wood till you can win it all. College sports have become as cut throat as big business.....such a shame.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2014, 8:59 AM

tanner was one of the best at it.

Aug 7, 2014, 9:04 AM

I'm surprised the parents of these cast aside kids don't raise a bigger stink. I like to think that Dabo always keeps his word when he tells a mama he'll look after her boy. I wonder if SOS even bothers with the empty promise?

Slurrier is a self-serving toadynad....

Aug 7, 2014, 9:10 AM

who doesn't give a rats rump about anything but himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 7, 2014, 9:08 AM

the old guy in Old School? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was a 3-star that was ranked somewhere around 430th

Aug 7, 2014, 9:08 AM

A one-eyed blind man could see this one coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2014, 9:12 AM

3.2.1 til the bored Coots show up telling us how this goes on at every school in the nation and that Spurrier does it no more than Dabo or any head coach

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2014, 9:16 AM

Heck we still honor schollys when kids can't physically play any more. I doubt the coots do this. Regardless, they totally screwed Joe Blue over and they are casting him aside because they feel they have a better player in this years recruiting cycle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2014, 9:12 AM

Very Nick Saban-like of ole ball sack and staff.

Aug 7, 2014, 9:13 AM

Word out of Dillon is that SC admission office is taking the fall for Spurrier. Radio shows in Columbia are pulling the party line and saying this is totally on SC Admissions office and that Spurrier will likely not be very happy with them. LOL. What a joke. If Jackie Hayes is so mad, like he suppossedly is, then he needs to blast Spurrier. I know, it will never happen.

seen that song and dance before. .***

Aug 7, 2014, 9:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

yeah... but dabo cut Ray Ray so it is

Aug 7, 2014, 9:14 AM

Exactly the same thing. Not one slight difference. Spurrier and dabo are exactly the same because of Ray Ray.

Signed coot u.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

1) Bowden was still coach with Ray Ray 2) Ray Ray had

Aug 7, 2014, 9:29 AM

already graduated

Ray Ray was also offered a position as a Grad Assistant***

Aug 7, 2014, 9:34 AM

nope. .. same exact thing. . no different

Aug 7, 2014, 9:43 AM [ in reply to 1) Bowden was still coach with Ray Ray 2) Ray Ray had ]

Fingers in ears..nanananananana

Signed. Coot u

I will acknowledge....

Aug 7, 2014, 9:30 AM [ in reply to yeah... but dabo cut Ray Ray so it is ]

that there is some level of "culling" that takes place at all programs. The real issue is the frequency with which it occurrs at $CU and the crass and tactless manner in which it is often handled.

Re: I will acknowledge....

Aug 7, 2014, 9:40 AM

Their culling is rampant. The worst part of it is that it's working for them. It's frustrating to run a honorable program and have to endure a rival with a win at all costs attitude. I'd still rather Clemson take the high road.....you always win in the end.

grades too low Freshmen and Sophomore years?

Aug 7, 2014, 9:21 AM

How the hell did Clowney get then?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: grades too low Freshmen and Sophomore years?

Aug 7, 2014, 9:23 AM

clowney, joe blue
joe blue, clowney

not hard to figure that one out.

Re: grades too low Freshmen and Sophomore years?

Aug 7, 2014, 9:25 AM

It's obvious why Clowney got in, I'm just pointing out that it's a weakass excuse, but what do you expect from that joke of a school.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Kornblut said Spurrier probably pressured admissions to

Aug 7, 2014, 9:27 AM

let the two cornerbacks with questionable academics in because that was the area of need and Blue was the guy they didn't need next year so he wasn't given the same preferential treatment.

Not that it is a great revelation, just that it was surprising to hear Kornblut admit it.

Sadly

Aug 7, 2014, 9:40 AM

This makes three Dillon players either "transferring out" or never made it in usc since January.

Keep sending them up there, Jackie.

One chasing a girl - from a D1 school to a school that may not have football- Mars Hill. Giving up a D1 full scholarship. No girls in Columbia - right.

One to play baseball at a Tech School?

One because his grades were low in the 9th and 10th grades.

At least usc is innovative.

Next will be "The dog ate the FAX" and we don't have the paperwork.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic