Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
its sad that we take orders from this nut
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 602

its sad that we take orders from this nut

Sep 29, 2014, 1:55 PM

" alt=".">

United Nations (United States) (AFP) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Monday that a nuclear-armed Iran would pose the "gravest threat to us all" and called for a full dismantling of Tehran's nuclear program.

"The Islamic republic is now trying to bamboozle its way to an agreement.. that will cement Iran's place as a threshold military nuclear power," Netanyahu told the UN General Assembly.

"Allowing that to happen would pose the gravest threat to us all."

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-pm-warns-nuclear-armed-iran-gravest-threat-171243536.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which of you neocons thumbed this down?

Sep 29, 2014, 2:02 PM

care to out yourself?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't me, but you calling out someone for TD'ing is....

Sep 29, 2014, 3:26 PM

hilarious.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost as good as when you criticize scok accounts!***

Sep 29, 2014, 3:27 PM

my point wasnt the TDing, it was the hiding

Sep 29, 2014, 3:30 PM [ in reply to It wasn't me, but you calling out someone for TD'ing is.... ]

your type hides in the shadows

"my type"? LOL Search my history...won't find too many....

Sep 29, 2014, 3:34 PM

TD's on my record.

Now...let's talk about folks who used to just delete every post they made once someone pointed out idiotic it was. Does that qualify for "hiding in the shadows"...maybe not. Buy certainly qualifies for other things.

so you're not interested in discussing the topic

Sep 29, 2014, 3:36 PM

of Iran but rather persist in a historical debate of posting practices. got it.

HEY...psst....you posted the line of the TD'er...

Sep 29, 2014, 3:38 PM

I answered it.

you really are making less and less sense each time you post on here

I didn't earlier because I just got here. But just..........

Sep 29, 2014, 5:33 PM [ in reply to which of you neocons thumbed this down? ]

now I did.

Do you wear a Keffiyeh at home CA?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

celtic we can always trust you to be honest

Sep 30, 2014, 8:43 AM

a rare quality in your circle of neocons

Wait. Who's a nut? ******

Sep 29, 2014, 2:54 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Bibi***

Sep 29, 2014, 3:00 PM

Who is Bibi? Are you referring to the Israeli PM?

Sep 29, 2014, 3:21 PM

And if so, are you calling him crazy because of his concerns about Iran getting a nuclear weapon?

null

Well there's that, plus....

Sep 29, 2014, 4:16 PM

he's Jewish

Please bold the nutty part, thanks***

Sep 29, 2014, 3:20 PM

consider it all BOLD***

Sep 29, 2014, 3:30 PM

Please tell me you think it's no big deal for Iran to get...

Sep 29, 2014, 3:36 PM

nuke.

please

then my opinion of you will be complete

the world may actually be safer if Iran had nukes***

Sep 29, 2014, 3:37 PM

umm...ok..that can't possible be your honest opinion...

Sep 29, 2014, 3:42 PM

once again, I think you just like being an unfounded contrarian.

what nuclear power has been attacked?

Sep 29, 2014, 3:46 PM

having a nuclear india and pakistan has cooled that dispute. None of the Arab countries dares attack Isarel because of its nukes.

Certainly the other members of the nuclear club have been afforded similar benefits.

So you are PRO nuclear proliferation?

Sep 29, 2014, 3:55 PM

And would vote for the person who advocated such a stance that was running for office?

And back to your original point, you think the PM of a country 600 miles away from Iran should feel okay about Iran gaining nuclear capabilities, even though Iran is A) reportedly one of the biggest state sponsors of terrorists in the world and B) have had leaders advocate for the destruction of your country?

null

no not for nuclear proliferation.

Sep 29, 2014, 3:57 PM

also, Israel has every right to do what it feels is best. too often, though, they want the USA to do their bidding, hence my "take orders" post. Let Bibi do what he wants, but we should not take orders from him - thats nutty.

So now the Israeli PM is not a nut, but WE are nuts for

Sep 29, 2014, 4:04 PM

"taking his orders"?

Is it possible that what you call "taking orders" is actually us maintaining our alliance? Is it possible that we see an interest that is aligned with Israel?

null

Re: So now the Israeli PM is not a nut, but WE are nuts for

Sep 29, 2014, 4:08 PM

yes, we are nuts for aligning with Israel.

to Bibi's credit, he pulls the appropriate strings.

What nuclear power is so outspokenly committed to the...

Sep 29, 2014, 3:59 PM [ in reply to what nuclear power has been attacked? ]

destruction of another country? You can't really say that about India and Pakistan. Hell, not even about North Korea.

Iran is also a state sponsor of terrorism...probably the largest state sponsor of terrorism. You honestly believe an Iranian nuclear weapon wouldn't find it's way into the hands of a terror group? Come on

North Korea isnt in your axis of evil anymore?***

Sep 29, 2014, 4:00 PM

What is sad is that you are making Conservatives look

Sep 29, 2014, 4:03 PM

like complete doucheebags.

And that is coming from me who goes on political rants when hammered, but really only to troll Balm.

Link material that is worth reading.

Didn't know "I" had one. And I don't think we should have...

Sep 29, 2014, 4:03 PM [ in reply to North Korea isnt in your axis of evil anymore?*** ]

ever allowed North Korea to become a nuclear power either!

how would you have stopped them?

Sep 29, 2014, 4:07 PM

you are aware that we had at that time 30k troops that would have been slaughtered had we attempted a preemptive strike on the NK sites, right?

Right up until the time that it isn't...

Sep 30, 2014, 11:58 AM [ in reply to the world may actually be safer if Iran had nukes*** ]

Big difference. The countries that have nukes now have them with no intent or want to use them.

Iran wants them, and they want to use them.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: consider it all BOLD***

Sep 29, 2014, 3:37 PM [ in reply to consider it all BOLD*** ]

What is nutty about:

Iran being an Islamic republic?

Iran wanting to be permitted to continue developing its nuclear program, including for military applications?

Iran's possession of nuclear weapons posing a grave threat?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

most certainly not "a grave threat"

Sep 29, 2014, 3:40 PM

we gifted them the only country they might directly attack (Iraq).

They won't attack Israel out of fear of Israel's nukes.

So you're not saying the WHOLE thing is nutty.

Sep 29, 2014, 3:41 PM

You're just disputing the threat level of a nuclear Iran.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

no. I also think that the idea of us

Sep 29, 2014, 3:44 PM

or whomever "dismantling" the Iranian arsenal is nutty.

If Israel, wants to do so, let them. But, of course they don't and won't. they only want us to do so.

I also think the idea that they are close to a "nuke" is nutty. Our own intelligence says otherwise.

Bibi trots this crap everytime the world starts to line up against Israel as it has with this recent incursion into Palestine.

It's not just Bibi trotting out crap.

Sep 29, 2014, 3:52 PM

There is actually an agreement that's supposed to be finalized in November to address Iran's nuclear capabilities. That's not an invention by Israel.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-11709428

http://shadow.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2014/09/28/west_desperate_the_iran_nuclear_talks

- Jonathan Swift

so is this agreement a "bamboozle"?***

Sep 29, 2014, 3:58 PM

It's not that the agreement itself is a "bamboozle."

Sep 29, 2014, 4:00 PM

As of now there is no agreement.

It's that Iran is maneuvering to get an agreement more in its favor. Which, of course it is.

- Jonathan Swift

how many times has Bibi said Iran was months away from

Sep 29, 2014, 4:02 PM

a nuke? this is more of the same.

Iran wants the agreement so the sanctions will let up. No bamboozleing there, IMO.

Considering Iran's actions on past agreements, how can...

Sep 29, 2014, 4:01 PM [ in reply to so is this agreement a "bamboozle"?*** ]

an agreement with them NOT be a bamboozle?!?

so its war then?***

Sep 29, 2014, 4:03 PM

Where did that come from?

Sep 29, 2014, 4:05 PM

I feel like you just told me that if I love pizza so much, why don't I marry it.

null

its how one must speak with flow

Sep 29, 2014, 4:06 PM

its all he knows

as evidenced by my drum beating for war on here over...

the years!

LOL

You're too much, really

If it comes to that to keep Iran from becoming a nuclear...

Sep 29, 2014, 4:06 PM [ in reply to so its war then?*** ]

power then I would certainly consider supporting that.

I'm not sure a targeted attack on their program leads to all-out war though. It certainly would be an "act of war" on our part.

This was a popular position supported by Democrats

back when Dubya was telling us that Iraq was the biggest threat.

- Jonathan Swift

Were the Republicans against it?***

Sep 29, 2014, 4:10 PM

null

Juan McCain wanted to

Sep 29, 2014, 4:11 PM

bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran

Please try to keep up***

Sep 29, 2014, 4:12 PM

sorry, I know how much you love the guy***

Sep 29, 2014, 4:13 PM

well considering the post was talking about Iraq***

Sep 29, 2014, 4:15 PM

YES.

Sep 29, 2014, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Were the Republicans against it?*** ]

The primary Republican response at the time was based on a belief that the Iranian people were going to help bring about a better government in Tehran. It was the prediction of an Arab (well, Persian) Spring, before the Arab Spring.

- Jonathan Swift

the bush cabal couldnt let anything interfere

Sep 29, 2014, 4:34 PM

with the Iraq plan.

Dern Republican Peace-niks. ******

Sep 29, 2014, 4:45 PM [ in reply to YES. ]

null

LOL, no.

Sep 29, 2014, 4:49 PM

They were on the war path to Iraq. Not even a more dangerous country next door could dissuade them.

Trust me, we tried to dissuade them. Shoulda seen Le Lunge back then.

- Jonathan Swift

them were some heady days.

Sep 29, 2014, 5:05 PM

and not just for le lunge. conservatives everywhere became the neocons b!tch. Even a large portion of elected Democrats were plowing the fields for the neocons. As the Krystols openly stated: 9/11 was a great "opportunity" for their cause.

That's why they 'held' it....***

Sep 30, 2014, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes it was....

Sep 29, 2014, 4:11 PM [ in reply to This was a popular position supported by Democrats ]

and I remember agreeing with them if we could pull it off militarily. I also remember our military leaders indicating an invasion was the only was to get their WMDs.

My understanding is that a nuclear program, specifically Iran's program is a bit different in terms of number of sites that would need to be hit. I don't think I've heard anyone say that we would need to invade to severely damage their program, right?

Re: Yes it was....

Sep 29, 2014, 4:34 PM

In your first sentence, are you saying you agreed with the Dems and remember our military leader indicating that an invasion of Iran was the only way to get their WMDs?

Your second sentence made me think I was misreading the first sentence.

- Jonathan Swift

First sentence was about Iraq (which is what your post was..

Sep 30, 2014, 8:32 AM

about I assumed).

Second paragraph was about Iran now.

My point was that I would have preferred targeted strikes over invasion in Iraq to go after their suspected WMD program, but military leaders were saying at the time that the only way to get them was to have ground forces there.

Oh, okay, got it.

Sep 30, 2014, 11:46 AM

My post was also about Dems pointing to the greater danger of Iran compared to Iraq. So when you said you agreed, I mistakenly thought you were referring to Iran.

But yes, my recollection of your position in 2002-2003 is as you describe it.

- Jonathan Swift

Hmm...let me guess...you live in the USA?

Sep 29, 2014, 4:01 PM [ in reply to no. I also think that the idea of us ]

Just checking because you don't sound like someone who lives in Israel. Sounds like you don't have to worry about being surrounded by your enemies. I mean, you say he's a nut for being concerned about Iran's progression toward a nuclear weapon because I guess you think it's far off, right?

"If Israel, wants to do so, let them. But, of course they don't and won't. they only want us to do so."

Are you saying that Israel has never shown the will to make unilateral decisions?

null

of course not - there once was an Israel

Sep 29, 2014, 4:05 PM

that did show such "will" - like the time they bombed US ships. But now they're too addicted to US aid and the US is too fearful of their response that "we" hold them on a tight leash.

Would you like a do-over on the original post?***

null

no. I consider it nutty to take orders from Bibi

Sep 29, 2014, 4:10 PM

I consider all of Bibi's comments insultingly directed to a sheepish American electorate. Iran is not a threat to us all - especially not to the West and America in particular.

Iran is not close to having a nuke as Bibi would like you to believe.

WAIT...you say this with certainty...

Sep 29, 2014, 4:13 PM

"Iran is not close to having a nuke as Bibi would like you to believe."

Please elaborate

thats what OUR (US) intel says

Sep 29, 2014, 4:21 PM

of course, they were wrong about WMDs in Iraq so who knows

I recommend the "Do Over."***

Sep 29, 2014, 4:20 PM [ in reply to no. I consider it nutty to take orders from Bibi ]

null

why?***

Sep 29, 2014, 4:28 PM

I'll say it again....dictators are the way to go in the

Sep 29, 2014, 4:33 PM

middle east. Because your only viable options over there are a theocracy run by nutjobs, or a vile and ruthless dictator. At least with the dictator you have a better chance of NOT having the nutjobs fly planes into buildings.

You can deal with a dictator. You can't deal with a nutjob holding up a Koran and screaming about 72 virgins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in many ways thats a valid point and the best part of your

Sep 29, 2014, 4:36 PM

post is that it takes an America first perspective. Having dictators benevolent to the US is much better than an elected government bend on war with us. That is what the Bush years were sorely lacking.

But, you have to watch out that you're not backing a Shah, for instance.

What about Turkey?***

Sep 30, 2014, 8:35 AM [ in reply to I'll say it again....dictators are the way to go in the ]

They need a leader in the model of Ataturk

Sep 30, 2014, 8:41 AM

he founded a secular nation from the ashes of the Ottoman Empire that for decades was a model for the rest of the Muslim world. Recently it has taken a different path with PM Erdogan but I think the ship will right itself. Much like the US, it has a strong up and coming liberty minded young population.

Yeah, that's great. Point I was making is that the only....

Sep 30, 2014, 8:47 AM

choices are not dictators or theocracies in the middle east.

Turkey, a country that borders Iran, Iraq, and Syria has a secular, constitutional republic.

sure, but as well read as you are, you clearly realize

Sep 30, 2014, 9:08 AM

the different histories of Turkey vs. Iraq/Syria that in many ways dictate their position today.

dang you're a tool...anyways, yes their histories are...

Sep 30, 2014, 9:42 AM

starkly different.

However, it doesn't automatically exclude the possibility for secular governments of some form in the other countries in the middle east. Their religious make-up is not that different from other countries in the region (i.e. majority Muslim with wither large Sunni or Shia factions).

Re: its sad that we take orders from this nut

Sep 30, 2014, 2:00 PM

You surely riled the hate merchants with that one. They might need therapy if they don't calm down. Regards.

Replies: 75
| visibility 602
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic