Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The funniest part of Arden Key's announcement tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 5,405

The funniest part of Arden Key's announcement tonight

Feb 2, 2015, 1:57 PM

Is that the coots, despite being made a fool of more than a couple times on Key's behalf, would still accept his commitment.

That program has literally zero pride.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

interesting...

Feb 2, 2015, 2:00 PM

signed,

dwayne allen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apple and Oranges

Feb 2, 2015, 2:02 PM

Dwayne flipped once - on NSD.

No comparison

he committed, went dancing again then recommitted, then

Feb 2, 2015, 2:08 PM

flipped.

it was awkward to say the least, i'd say it was more than apples and oranges.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the standard of whether or not a recruit is loyal to a

Feb 2, 2015, 2:13 PM

program is that they don't "go dancing" around during the recruitment process, I'm not sure how many recruits we would ever land.

Dwayne's situation could not be any more common. A kid who struggled between two fine universities, and had a very difficult time knowing where his heart belonged until the very last minute. Very rarely does a kid commit early and shut it down. It almost never happens these days.

Key's situation, frankly, is unlike anything I've seen before in the recruiting process. Unbelievable that a school would continue to accept a commitment from a kid that has flipped from them not once, not twice, but three times now.

some "kids" are different than others. you want to apply

Feb 2, 2015, 2:18 PM

a standard, so be it, but there are many more "kids" that do not do, even remotely, what dwayne did.

i don't give any of them crap, which seems prudent.

You took the words right of my mouth

Feb 2, 2015, 2:29 PM

some kids are different than others.

In this case, Dwayne's situation and Arden's could not be any more different.

If I recall correctly, the face of our program and current star QB took himself a little secret trip down to Auburn very late in the recruiting process last year. I don't recall it being as big of a deal as the whole Cain and Ray Ray situation. Why?

Perhaps because as you said, kids are different. Watson is the type of kid who committed early, stuck with it, and wanted to have fun before signing on the dotted line.

Dwayne? He was a kid that struggled with indecision and had a very difficult time knowing what he wanted until the last minute.

Key? From his actions and words he has posted on social media, it seems clear, to me anyway, that he is making decisions in order to build greater suspense, making his commitment seem that much more important to whichever school he decides. He wasn't feeling the love he wanted from gamecock nation so he decommitted...again.

Glad Dabo is quick to cut kids like this loose. It's a recruiting shit-show.

good, then you should understand instead of throwing scar

Feb 2, 2015, 2:42 PM

under the bus.

you seem to be reading a lot into the mind of a bunch of 17 year olds you don't know, which isn't your only mistake. what dwayne allen did is every D1 coaches worst nightmare, no 2 ways around it, but clemson benefitted "this time".

clemson certainly didn't turn dwayne away for his lack of integrity or apparent character flaw, they accepted the young man's signature.

so what if arden might be having a more difficult time, you throw out a tweet or social media as evidence yet you know nothing of what the scar staff knows or conversations they've had with arden?

you're right, i couldn't agree more, i'm glad dabo isn't as knee jerk as you would be in this situation.

Ah, now I see where the problem lies

Feb 2, 2015, 2:46 PM

I was trashing the coots AND Arden Key.

I could see how that might be confusing.

the problem is yours and i pointed it out. ignoring it

Feb 2, 2015, 2:56 PM

won't make it go away, but i'll be rooting for you.

trashing kids and/or a school if they take a commit when you have almost no information is a problem, most certainly when clemson has taken kids that don't fit the mold that 95+% of the prospects do.

i'm happy dwayne decided on clemson and i'm sure scar will be happy if arden decides to be a gamecock.

"you" throwing stones at another skewl or 17 year olds is good sport, that's juan of the many wonders that keeps bringing me back for more.

hey, it's your opinion and i'm more than kewl if you live with it.

Good lord dude

Feb 2, 2015, 3:02 PM

You have put an alarming amount of effort into defending our rival.

I guess I forgot that since we had a player one time several years ago pick us at the last minute, that I no longer own the right to #### on our rival at every opportunity that presents itself.

I take It you aren't from SC, or have zero concept of what a rivalry is.

Link to where Dwayne Allen committed, decommitted, recommitted, decommitted, and recommitted to same school?

That fact that I have to exert this much energy to convince a fellow tiger fan to hate on our rival at this glorious opportunity tells me pretty much everything I need to know.

good lord dude

Feb 2, 2015, 3:07 PM

you seem to have put a lot of effort into trashing a 17 year old and his potential college choice.

that's ridiculous.

i hate on the coots plenty including that mouth-breather Confessed Coot & his hoki hi wife[no pigs], but i'm also not so driven by blind hatred that i don't recognize how difficult this might be even on a kid that might not declare clemson... no matter where he goes.

so, like i said & once again, it is your opinion; i said so early on. live with it, but i'll continue to disagree.

see, that's sort of what this whole message bored thangy is about.

Well that's pretty big of you

Feb 2, 2015, 3:17 PM

But unfortunately I don't take that approach.

yes it is and that's fine...

Feb 2, 2015, 3:19 PM

we'll just count it among your other shortcomings?

yea it is and that's fine...

Feb 2, 2015, 3:43 PM

we'll just count your TNET statistics as a testimony to your lack of social excellence.

The guy with more points than I have miles on my car is wanting to be taken seriously.

??

What happened to all that sweet-sounding liberal ######## you were preaching earlier about understanding?

I guess it only applies when it is convenient and caters to your argument.

I'm sorry that my thread containing my opinions upset you. I'm pretty certain you can make your own thread though?

You've certainly had ample practice.

you missed a few spots calling me out... you want me to give

Feb 2, 2015, 3:59 PM

you a few minutes to catch up?

it's ok, you're limited which makes you easy. now go find another thread to cry about me some more.

Re: you missed a few spots calling me out... you want me to give

Feb 2, 2015, 4:06 PM

As the wise Rodney King once said, can't we all just get along?

;)

idk, give fleetwood some time to finish his kicking

Feb 2, 2015, 4:07 PM

and screaming, then maybe?

:)

Re: idk, give fleetwood some time to finish his kicking

Feb 2, 2015, 4:23 PM

LOL

I'm not sure how parting ways with a recruit

Feb 2, 2015, 2:48 PM [ in reply to good, then you should understand instead of throwing scar ]

After three decommitments would be a knee-jerk reaction.

Lmao.

imagine dabo might have all the information, not nearly nil

Feb 2, 2015, 2:59 PM

like you.

see, that's a real difference.

Re: If the standard of whether or not a recruit is loyal to a

Feb 2, 2015, 3:05 PM [ in reply to If the standard of whether or not a recruit is loyal to a ]

DSP is bustin your ### right now, and he's right ab the Allen process. It happens at every school, just a part of it. You making Clemson seem like an exclusion is making you look foolish

Hey DSP

Feb 2, 2015, 3:07 PM

You're keeping some pretty awesome company right now.

??

the thing about imisscj, is he might not be right or wrong

Feb 2, 2015, 3:11 PM

all of the time, but he's "passionate", which seems to get him in trouble... on more than several occasions... deer lowered. :)

and if understanding that clemson might not be "spotless" in this process is what it takes for me to keep his company in this instance, then i'll buy the first beer.

you make a lot of noise, remind me to never take you fishing

Feb 2, 2015, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: If the standard of whether or not a recruit is loyal to a ]

;)

Re: If the standard of whether or not a recruit is loyal to a

Feb 2, 2015, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: If the standard of whether or not a recruit is loyal to a ]

All this back and forth and I'm just sitting here so I won't get fined ;)

^^^ haha. shhhhh...

Feb 2, 2015, 3:26 PM

pipe down choir boy.

;)

Re: ^^^ haha. shhhhh...

Feb 2, 2015, 3:28 PM

;)

Perhaps you could elaborate?

Feb 2, 2015, 2:06 PM [ in reply to interesting... ]

I seem to remember Dwayne struggling between Georgia and Clemson pretty consistently throughout his recruiting process. Everyone knew it was going to come down to the wire and couldn't say for sure where he would be going until he signed on the dotted line.

That happens every year with almost every single recruit. Wavering on a commitment and possibly de-comitting at some point seems to be the new normal. Not quite the same as Key. He committed to the coots, then de-committed, then re-committed, then de-committed and now possibly re-committing again tonight because he "wanted more love" from gamecock nation.

There is no doubt in my mind Dabo would've cut this kid loose a long, long time ago. Ask Briscoe.

he committed to uga in december, went visiting then

Feb 2, 2015, 2:11 PM

recommitted in an announcement at his high school 2 days[?] before nsd, then flipped on nsd.

calling any school out for taking a kid that is apparently struggling with a 3-5 year decision might be the issue. if you want to do so, that's fine.

i'll continue to question it.

Coots want to feel his ralph***

Feb 2, 2015, 2:01 PM

Replies: 30
| visibility 5,405
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic