Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Malcolm Mitchell couldn't read going into college?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Malcolm Mitchell couldn't read going into college?

May 1, 2016, 12:38 AM

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/726630999308771328

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say good for him getting where he is now. But,

May 1, 2016, 12:44 AM

How does a young man make it that far, get accepted to a University, and not one adult stop and realize his need for assistance? Maybe I don't know the whole story, but I'm sure there were many coaches, teachers, and family members who realized he wasn't where he needed to be. It seems someone would have stepped up and helped him learn to read long before college.

i'm sure he passed the SAT on his own***

May 1, 2016, 8:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It happens. I knew a good football player in HS that got...

May 1, 2016, 12:35 PM [ in reply to I say good for him getting where he is now. But, ]

attention from D1 schools including Clemson. His grades were terrible and the teams backed off. He went to a prep school in VA. He could barely read and got to the 12th grade. Just the way the public school system works. They would rather push them through to the next grade rather than fail them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah. I do understand that it's a reality.

May 1, 2016, 12:42 PM

I just struggle with the idea that not one adult reached him. If someone sees potential for success and they are in a place to reach a young man like this, not only does it benefit him, but the adult as well. I have a hard time believing the story, but what do I know?

Just watching a young man read his first tweet or his first tattoo has got to be a reward worthy of the effort of assisting him. (Had to make reading relevant for young men today.) But honestly, something does seem slightly fishy here. If it's true, why are we hearing about it now?

Re: Yeah. I do understand that it's a reality.

May 1, 2016, 12:56 PM

Man it's all PA. They said the same sh*t about Hershel Walker but he's gone on the record laughing at that saying it wasn't true.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

It seems that could be the case.

May 1, 2016, 1:02 PM

I can't imagine it will be hidden for long. Too much pride in these athletes to act dumb for too long.

SEC academic standards at their finest.

May 1, 2016, 8:35 AM

Probably would have been Dean's List at USuC.

Re: Malcolm Mitchell couldn't read going into college?

May 1, 2016, 10:46 AM

Great friends of my wife and l was in some his classes at UGA and claims that this is a PA character ploy. He read just fine.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

why do they do it though?

May 1, 2016, 12:03 PM

Makes UGA look pretty bad

Re: why do they do it though?

May 1, 2016, 12:38 PM

Well when they've had as many arrests as they have in recent years I suppose there is a point to it. Lol

Re: Malcolm Mitchell couldn't read going into college?

May 1, 2016, 12:32 PM

between this and Tunsil, they are just rubbing it in the NCAA's face now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is great for recruiting.

May 1, 2016, 1:06 PM

Can't read? Want to become a published writer? Learn how in just four years!

small print at bottom:

Must be really good football player who doesn't mind playing on a losing team. Must be able to make 'X,' and find dotted line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic