Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We sell our home today. Almost 31 years owning and lots of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 640

We sell our home today. Almost 31 years owning and lots of

Apr 4, 2019, 8:42 AM

memories there. It was our home and now it is a house. Getting old sucks, btw.

Ma Ga & Pa G will be headed to the beach for the weekend to relax and just get away. I hate real estate transactions - too stressful.

Hope you guys have some fun at V Fest. Is Periscope still a thing? at least have some pics posted for me to TU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you'd said you were moving to my neck of the woods

Apr 4, 2019, 8:45 AM

where to?

wanna bang?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have split personalities

Apr 4, 2019, 8:51 AM

due to grandson on the way, we decided to downsize and have a place in the "80" side of Simpsonville. We also have a place my wife calls a beach house, but it is really a golf course house in the PI area. Both are "downsized" (meaning small) houses but suit our lifestyle these days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Small houses ain't bad

Apr 4, 2019, 9:03 AM

I used to dislike them, now that 1400 Sq .25 acre house I started with is looking pretty good.

I'm ready to move into an RV and sleep in a Walmart parking lot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I 110% believe that I could quite happily live in a van

Apr 4, 2019, 9:10 AM

or small camper.

Just gotta get rid of the kids first

Re: I 110% believe that I could quite happily live in a van

Apr 4, 2019, 9:11 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this took less time than I thought***

Apr 4, 2019, 9:11 AM

Or you will end up living in a van, down by the river.

Apr 4, 2019, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I 110% believe that I could quite happily live in a van ]

Actually seems pretty sweet, swimming, fishing, no kids or wife to nag, no house payments.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You seen some of the campers these days?

Apr 4, 2019, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Small houses ain't bad ]

I could live in one pretty easily.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was more of a "hmmm, I could do that"

Apr 4, 2019, 10:03 AM

than a mocking type laugh.

yup, "80" here, too***

Apr 4, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to We have split personalities ]

PI?!

Apr 4, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to We have split personalities ]

Give me a shout some time. I'd love to give you a TU in real life.

Iffa ya know whattimean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

That’s a pretty good hike from Kingstree?***

Apr 4, 2019, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulz. Like I live in a big city like that

Apr 4, 2019, 9:25 AM

Greelyville all day son

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i like Greelyville..

Apr 4, 2019, 9:28 AM

Manning amenities at Pinewood prices.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A charming slice of Americana.

Apr 4, 2019, 9:31 AM

I seriously considered making an offer on Greeleyville. I figured I could pick the entire town up for a few thousand, tops.

that would be pretty fun

Apr 4, 2019, 9:33 AM

Just ride around all day in your white Cadillac convertible foreclosing on mortgages while your idiot brother in law sheriff set up numerous speed traps and shake downs, with nothing to stop you except that rube you used to run shine with and his do-gooder nephews and smoking hot niece.

that sounds vaguely familiar

Apr 4, 2019, 9:39 AM

oh wait...I figured it out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonrunners

I would for sure watch this show if it existed***

Apr 4, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to that would be pretty fun ]

Any excuse to wear a wear a white suit on a daily basis.***

Apr 4, 2019, 9:55 AM [ in reply to that would be pretty fun ]

Williamsburg Furniture will cost a little extra***

Apr 4, 2019, 9:56 AM [ in reply to A charming slice of Americana. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you ever wonder how state pols get re-elected.

Apr 4, 2019, 10:16 AM

Look at that pork barrel project that some state rep threw Greeleyville where 521 randomly goes to 4 lanes for 5 miles.

Arrow-straight road that you used to have no problem passing on when it was two lanes, but somebody threw a well connected contractor a high 6-figure bone to make it into 4 for no apparent reason.

speaking of road projects

Apr 4, 2019, 10:18 AM

gots a couple that RH Tig and Greenr would be interested in. Too bad Greenr doesn't work for the county anymore

A roundabout with non-functioning fountain?***

Apr 4, 2019, 10:19 AM

I'm interested in you fixing Mt. Gallant Rd.

Apr 4, 2019, 11:36 AM [ in reply to speaking of road projects ]

AND I MEAN TODAY, YOU ASPHALT SLINGING SHOVEL MONKEY.

Your wish shall be granted ;)***

Apr 4, 2019, 11:37 AM

I-85 from Spartanburg to Anderson is the best showcase

Apr 4, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to If you ever wonder how state pols get re-elected. ]

for that. Its been under construction AT LEAST since the fall of 1985. That was the first time I personally drove on it. AFAIK, its still being worked on.

Its the road project that literally never ends. People have started working on that road and retired from it in that amount of time.

I-85 is in the process of being widened from 2 to 3 lanes

Apr 4, 2019, 10:23 AM

all the way to the state line.

Yet I-95 is still a piece of junk. Makes no cents

I-26 is almost undrivable 5 miles on either side of I-95

Apr 4, 2019, 10:24 AM

Its like going down a dirt road.

I'm glad I never go anywhere.

It makes a lot of sense actually.

Apr 4, 2019, 10:26 AM [ in reply to I-85 is in the process of being widened from 2 to 3 lanes ]

I-95 is the first impression most Northeasterners get of South Carolina when entering the state.

Between South of the Border and the highway that looks like a bombing range, it's kept many from moving here.

The problem started about 20 years ago when a Cincinnati native had to pee and couldn't hold it anymore, and got off an exit, realizing in the process that I95 was just a cunning ruse. We couldn't catch her before she made it home and told everyone she knew.

"In the process"

Apr 4, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to I-85 is in the process of being widened from 2 to 3 lanes ]

It's in the process of being widened about like I'm in the process of becoming a billionaire.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

26 from Cola to 301 exit is the worst stretch of interstate

Apr 4, 2019, 11:08 AM [ in reply to I-85 is in the process of being widened from 2 to 3 lanes ]

in SC. They need 6 lanes that whole stretch. 10 years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fact:

Apr 4, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I-85 from Spartanburg to Anderson is the best showcase ]

They built an 8-lane bridge across the Cooper River in Charleston from Charleston to Mt. Pleasant, AND tore the old bridge down, in less than half the time it took them to add two lanes to 12 miles of I-85.

true story***

Apr 4, 2019, 11:11 AM

Yep. The entire time I was a student at Clemson they

Apr 4, 2019, 11:13 AM

were widening 85 from Pelzer back to Clemson. Actually started before I started classes in 1994 and still going when I left in 1999. Meanwhile, in like a year or two they did the Ravanel Bridge in Charleston. I'm like ###?

You know that bridge project was built without traffic on it

Apr 4, 2019, 1:56 PM

right?

Also, utilities were not really an issue with that.

Not sure how long pieces of the bridge were in manufacturing either, prior to shipment and placement.

Construction is hard and slow, just like sex with Greenr

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they rarely work. You could not ask for better

Apr 4, 2019, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Fact: ]

weather conditions for construction lately, and you see maybe half a dozen people out there at any given time. We'll go months with no visible progress, and then one day the entire fuggin' interstate is ground up again, throwing rocks, and jarring you around like you're doing 80 down a gravel road.

This is an example of America's potential....

Apr 4, 2019, 11:17 AM

And shows you how bad we suck.

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-04-06-mn-42778-story.html

The 2-3 mile stretch of work they are doing

Apr 4, 2019, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Because they rarely work. You could not ask for better ]

on Coleman blvd will take them 3 YEARS to do.

I have no idea what they are doing, other than making it difficult to drive on.

Up here, everything they should have done first to alleviate

Apr 4, 2019, 11:33 AM

congestion, they're just now getting started on several years into the project. The extra two lanes between Pelham and Woodruff sure would have come in handy about a decade ago. They finally got to that within the past couple of weeks.

The pavement is shot

Apr 4, 2019, 11:34 AM [ in reply to The 2-3 mile stretch of work they are doing ]

most of that project is full depth pavement replacement. makes traffic control a nightmare.

Be glad that Coleman/patriots got the ax. Partly due to losing the MoH museum

There are a ton of roads like that in rural areas

Apr 4, 2019, 10:45 AM [ in reply to If you ever wonder how state pols get re-elected. ]

Sucks when you sit in traffic jams on interstates and in cities, and your own suburban neighborhood road is literally crumbling, but you can drive a four lane road from Orangeburg to Allendale and see a dozen or so cars the whole way, except in the towns.

Take out the towns of Bamberg and Ulmer and I'm pretty sure the tax base along the rest of that road doesn't equal much more than my neighborhood. Thank goodness The Bridge to Nowhere was stopped:

http://www.wistv.com/story/315695/debate-heats-up-over-controversial-clyburn-connector/

I think the he also was responsible for securing funding for another wonderful bridge near Columbia:

https://www.thestate.com/latest-news/article14328443.html

This one was almost $5,000,000. It connects two housing project/communities across 277. To this day, people still walk (daily) across 277 and don't even use the bridge. I almost hit a guy one night running across 277 not 50 yards from that bridge.

This is the kind of stuff that will decrease with term limits.

New home of the Hardees playground I played on as a kid.

Apr 4, 2019, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Lulz. Like I live in a big city like that ]

There's some gubmint youth center/day care/school/whatever in Greelyville that has a huge slide and playground set. It was originally at the Hardees at I-77 and Garners Ferry Rd. As a kid, I used to beg my parents to go. We'd buy a small fry and then spend an hour playing on that thing. It had steps to a top floor with several slides. In the middle was a hollow tube with a ladder you could climb up the middle to the top floor. Always smelled like pee inside that thing.

/childhood memories

Lol....”new?

Apr 4, 2019, 9:57 AM

That thing has been there for 30+ years. Hell, we’ve been talking about it on here for at least 15.

New to me***

Apr 4, 2019, 10:01 AM

It's probably more like 35 years....that's the route

Apr 4, 2019, 10:12 AM

we took all my life from Greenville to Litchfield, and as a kid I immediately recognized it as a Hardees set (the one on Laurens Rd in Greenville had the same play set back in the day) and begged my parents to pull over when we'd pass it.

I actually can't believe that their insurance allows them to keep it up....as I recall that's the same reason Hardee's took them down, and why you don't have the awesome McDonald's sets anymore where you climb up Mayor McCheese and get in the big Grimace shaky thing.

I did not realize there would be this much discussion

Apr 4, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Lulz. Like I live in a big city like that ]

on Greelyville

Sounds like we bought homes at the same time.

Apr 4, 2019, 8:46 AM

Unfortunately, I can't ever sell it. FAR too many bodies in the ground to ever take a chance on someone digging them up.

Maybe we should dig the up, then plant them on some

Apr 4, 2019, 8:50 AM

property that Tom Winkopp wants to mess up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone knows that you have to bury the bodies and then build a gazebo over them.

Apr 4, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Sounds like we bought homes at the same time. ]

Know one ever takes out a gazebo.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think 75-100 gazebos would look a bit suspicious?***

Apr 4, 2019, 11:38 AM

About to make that jump.......listing our house in 2 weeks

Apr 4, 2019, 8:56 AM

Nothing about this process has been bearable. Finished re-doing bathrooms, kitchen, floors, painting, staging, moving things into a shed, landscaping, roof repair, etc. My realtor is great but she is a pain in the a*ss. She is great at spending my money to increase her sales commission. Being about to retire I don't need this sh*t but I guess it is part of the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sold ours without a realtor so that caused us some work

Apr 4, 2019, 9:01 AM

but had five showings and five offers in three days. Buyer without realtor also. :)

funny how you get your house nicer than it's ever been

Apr 4, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to About to make that jump.......listing our house in 2 weeks ]

right before you sell it, and you never get to enjoy the results of all that work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We close on our current house in 1 month

Apr 4, 2019, 8:59 AM

I will has the sads. I renovated the #### out of this house. Put around $50,000k in this thing (doing the work myself). Boosted the value to 242% of what we paid for it and will have a net profit of close to $200k in 5 years of ownership. Moving on to the next project. I'm thinking about starting a renovation blog and hopefully I'll be discovered and have my own TV show on HGTV.

Where you moving?***

Apr 4, 2019, 9:04 AM

Moving in with 19B***

Apr 4, 2019, 9:34 AM

You moving to the creek?***

Apr 4, 2019, 9:36 AM

No--not that UDP

Apr 4, 2019, 9:38 AM

Do you really think I would live more than 2 miles away from a Hall's Chophouse?

Moving into the treehouse?

Apr 4, 2019, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Moving in with 19B*** ]

It has a golf course view....just don’t hang laundry over the rails....hoa is already on his azzz as it is.

Is he in Crowfield?

Apr 4, 2019, 9:40 AM

The hamlets was aight but most houses only had 2 car garages. Also goose creek sux

You still don't have a boat though***

Apr 4, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to We close on our current house in 1 month ]

I'm floating through life now***

Apr 4, 2019, 9:48 AM

Float your busy body self on up to my house and redo my

Apr 4, 2019, 9:52 AM

porch. I've hit a wall, and probably won't resume doing anything aside from general landscaping for at least another year. Maybe two. Possibly never.

I often think about repainting the walls and baseboards

Apr 4, 2019, 10:06 AM

, putting shiplap downstairs, and even changing the front porch from vertical balusters to horizontal 1x6's.

I think about it a lot, then i normally walk up to the Southern and get a beer and forget all about it.

One of my neighbors bought a deck boat a few months back

Apr 4, 2019, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Float your busy body self on up to my house and redo my ]

He has worked on that thing constantly and I haven't seen him take it out once.

I'd bet for every hour you get out on the water you spend at least 2 or 3 hours working on the #### thing.

I don't miss owning a boat one bit.

Sounds like he bought a POS

Apr 4, 2019, 11:31 AM

I mean, I clean the boat, but what is there to work on constantly? It's a fiberglass shell with a motor and probably some electronics. We're not talking about a 75' Hatteras here.

Typically when I hear people say stuff like this, they neglect the boat for months at a time, don't keep up on washing, waxing, or mechanical maintenance, and then act like it just fell apart all of the sudden.

Replies: 66
| visibility 640
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic