Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reading another post on the board, I just realized this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,051

Reading another post on the board, I just realized this

Dec 7, 2013, 8:27 AM

Those questioning Dabo's ability need to realize he lost to one team that will be playing for the NC and the other loss was to a team that has 3 wins over potential BCS Bowl teams, and if not for crapping the bed at Tennessee that team would be playing in the SECCG and the potential to play for the NC.

Point is, the only two losses this year were to two teams that are very good. Five in a row sucks but this was a great year and a very good Tiger squad that Dabo put together.

Some on here amaze me with their comments about Dabo. These folks need to realize the only losses this year could be to the NC and another team that will finish the year in the Top 5 with a bowl win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a good year. But losing to S.Carolina for the fifth

Dec 7, 2013, 8:32 AM

straight year prohibits it from being called great, IMO. Unless you don't consider the SC game very important, which I do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i can stomach the fsu game, that fsu team is on a different

Dec 7, 2013, 8:44 AM

level. that will happen more often than not if fsu can keep fisher. they are rolling in spite of some nonsense folks would like to say about fisher's in game coaching.

scar is a good team, they were outclassed imo. they were not significantly better in any facet of the game save the sidelines & the coach's box; they won going away again. clemson was the more talented team. forget shaw's timely scrambles, 17 points in the 4th quarter is not why you pay an offensive coordinator $1.3mil and then look to give him a raise.

2 teams stand in the way every year of dabo's stated goals. clemson has invested way too much money to expect 2nd place in the division & state every year.

some of you need to get off dabo's jock & understand each year is defined by moments. dabo's team had 3 of them this year, 1 very good one with georgia at home & two horrible, including the worse loss in dv history.

that's not good and it's become a habit with scar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was a twinge of serious there..

Dec 7, 2013, 8:57 AM

well stated sir, and I agree

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

i saved up my serious for a couple weeks now

Dec 7, 2013, 9:23 AM

i'm over it now.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post DSP

Dec 7, 2013, 8:56 AM

I can't argue with the coaching issues late in SCAR game but calling SCAR "outclassed" and not better in any facet tells me you are one of those posters I'm talking about. You're making those blanket statements about a potentially Top 5 team and it can only be because it's SCAR. This is not the same SCAR that most of us grew up with. Take off the SC jerseys and put on UGA, UF or UT jerseys on that team (which SCAR is something like 9-3 against last 4 years) and you wouldn't use those same comments.

I thought we matched up very well with them this year.....

Dec 7, 2013, 9:00 AM

I also think they play with an "edge" that we don't have. The only position where, going in, I thought we were at a disadvantage was Shaw vs. our LB's.

Looking back, their WR's dominated our DB's as well.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

welcome to play action; it's not just about beating teams

Dec 7, 2013, 9:11 AM

over the top, it's about keeping the dbs guessing.

when you get in their head enough with it, they are made to look the fool when it's effective. i'd say spurrier is pretty good at it.

One of the most impressive things about Spurrier

Dec 7, 2013, 9:13 AM

is how he's changed his scheme and philosophy while at SCU in order to win there.

He's found something and he's good at it.

definitely yorkie. this is the same man that said it wasn't

Dec 7, 2013, 9:17 AM

his job to stop his offense, it was the other team's job.

ahole, but he can flat out coach.

i'll try not to wreck you, but i said they were not

Dec 7, 2013, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Good post DSP ]

significantly better in any facet of the game.

yes, if i line up the two teams i thought clemson out classed them in talent; man for man.

i've said it before, scar out classes clemson in talent only as it relates to their schemes. they have some very good players that are put in positions to win; that's coaching. they have the perfect scheme and coach to disrupt what clemson tries to do. it's tiring to watch spurrier dink, dunk & play keep away until clemson's frenetic/manic tendencies take over...

here we go again.

i know this isn't your or my diddy's scar. that's just absurd.

DSP, I don't mind being wrecked, I can take it

Dec 7, 2013, 9:31 AM

I'm only repeating the "not your daddy's SCAR" because so many seem to forget that.

Posters point out SCAR's loss at UT and another loss to a team Dabo beat and infer SCAR "sucks". That's fine to make fun of the rival but this has an inverse effect on the opinion of Dabo since he is losing to a team that supposedly "sucks". People read enough of those kind of posts and assume Dabo is not getting the job done. It just creates a negative atmosphere for Dabo.....it would almost be just desserts for some if Dabo left, there is not a lot of Top 10 head coaching talent out there.....just ask USC who one would think could hire anyone but just made a questionable hire.

I feel 110% that TiGERs could have done better, but 2 losses

Dec 7, 2013, 9:35 AM

were to Top 10 Teams..so move on, recruit, practice, think & play smart & git er done in 2014..AFTER we win a bowl!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

scar is top 10 because they beat clemson

Dec 7, 2013, 9:57 AM

again; clemson was the golden goose laying the golden eggs.

i agree sludge, it's ridiculous for that 'crowd' to do so.

Dec 7, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to DSP, I don't mind being wrecked, I can take it ]

there is nothing that would make me happier than for dabo to take cu to the next level. there are some things that still need to be addressed eg jucos. we had a great situation with our prep placement skewl, but that is changing as well.

the next interesting moment for me will be in the spring/fall when a starter is named at qb.

i'm in no way trying to lesson what cole has done at clemson, but if he's named the starter, i'll immediately question morris/dabo & their promises of a balanced, hard nose attack. cole is not a read option qb... neither was tajh.

i understand tajh starting, he was 'gifted' to morris, but kelly & watson are morris' hand picked, best system fit, qbs,. kelly & watson give morris something he tried to make tajh into, a true dual threat fulcrum for his offense.

what's done is done, can't change the past, i just want it fixed.

it needs to be or we need to change our expectations.

Best point I've seen about Tajh....

Dec 7, 2013, 9:55 AM

Morris walked into that....

I will be shocked if Kelly isn't the starter

good post

Dec 7, 2013, 10:06 AM [ in reply to i agree sludge, it's ridiculous for that 'crowd' to do so. ]

about the qb situation in the spring..my hope is that politics doesn't play a part either, and that the best person inherits the job.

You are letting them in your head, guys (Long)

Dec 7, 2013, 9:35 AM

I've read a few posts questioning the players' and coaches' motivation to beat the Cluckers. That is silly. It was apparent from the start (maybe even before the game) that Clemson wanted the win more than them. And can I commit, heresy? Perhaps, we wanted it too much.

When the media hypes the games as a reference point for Tahj's legacy, then you know we are in trouble. I have never seen Tahj as volatile as he was in that game. On a few plays, he was clearly chippy. Of course, I have no idea what smack was shared during the game. But, Tahj never let that stuff bother him before. He wanted this game bad, and I think that the pressure affected his play as the game wore on. When things started going against us, we let it snowball. That's not the way to win a close, hard-fought game.

When OBC arrived in Columbia, he immediately stopped the "Beat Clemson" hype. He knew that we had them buffaloed. They were beaten before they ever stepped out on the field. Now, we are putting ourselves into that same mindset.

OBC played mind-games with Fulmer at UT - and everyone else in the SEC while at Florida. It is not an accident that he is a huge jerk. He does it on purpose. Clowney even got into the act during the summer talking about QBs. I am not accusing him of being smart, but it did work to their benefit because we let it.

1. Remember that it is just a game. Yes, it's the most important game of the year but it is just a game. If you let it become the biggest thing in your life, you are crazy - plus it simply plays into their hands.

2. Keep your eye on doing the little things right. The rest takes care of itself.

3. Remember that we are Clemson. We not them and don't want to be.

4. Support our players and coaches and do what is best for Clemson. If tough times come, pull together and make the tough choices.

I feel much better now!

Dec 7, 2013, 9:45 AM

I feel much better now that y'all have explained the reason for 5 straight losses to the coots(what could be more cootish) I'll be giddy after 6 straight.Face it,if dabo coaches for 20 more years,He won't win 5 total.

How about double digits losses to both teams the last two?

Dec 7, 2013, 10:03 AM

A blow out loss in the OB ring a bell? The gap with FSU has widened not gotten closer. We have 0.0% chance of winning in Tallahassee next season. It isn't that Dabs is a bad person or hasn't inproved the program. He's plateaued. The more experience coaches are handling him. Watch Saban if we get Bama in the OB. It'll get ugly quick.

this is the 'idjit' sludge talks about. lsu and uga both

Dec 7, 2013, 10:09 AM

have more experienced coaches.

scar should be a toss up each year.

fsu is other wordly right now, way beyond all 4 of those programs.

dabo might have plateued, i agree, but you have to give him credit where it's due as well.

too much sweeping sauce in your post.

Ok, here's Dabo's "due"

Dec 7, 2013, 10:26 AM

1)He's continued to raise the talent level (Although not along the OLine.)
2) Dabo has beaten inferior teams like Wake and BC with regularity.
3) Given a good month to prep, Dabo can beat a good team like LSU or UGa. In the last three years of the Dabo era, Clemson has only won 2 big games on a normal week schedule- both in 2011 (FSU and the ACCCG).

it's a start. the offensive line is being addressed, i like

Dec 7, 2013, 10:34 AM

the joes we're getting. now if you want to talk scheme, even auburn uses a fullback in theirs; they run to set up the pass, clemson passes to set up the run it seems. i hate it.

clemson's oline looks a lot better with a running option at qb breaking down pressure, not running into it or being made to look silly moving to his left as tajh has been.

if we lose to tennessee or utah, you'd wreck him as you should. him not doing so deserves credit as well. the program is in a nice spot, you and i probably agree more than we disagree if he's going to be able to get it beyond this point.

i'm a clemson fan first, dabo fan second, although i hope it's a long marriage, someone needs some counseling.

DSP -***

Dec 7, 2013, 10:03 AM

DSP - (dang IPhone above) whatever Morris does

Dec 7, 2013, 10:14 AM

Whatever qb plays, Morris needs to get more patient and not go for the long ball and even slow down the offense. Running the ball more effectively will obviously make for more time consuming drives and more plays....he needs to do this next year to have success against the top teams on the schedule.

I heard SCAR's DC interviewed after the game and he was very complimentary of Tajh but he said the defensive game plan was to disrupt TB's first passing options (tight coverage on the line) and then once SCAR knew TB would have to pass in the 2nd half SCAR switched to zone coverage. SCAR's DC didn't discuss stopping a Clemson run game....why?

Morris put everything on TB imo. Morris has to get a more consistent running game next year......it will chew up clock but he needs to drop the 90 plays a game goal.

remember how the fun n gun went in the nfl? stationary

Dec 7, 2013, 10:42 AM

qb getting drilled for lack of max pass pro... meet tajh boyd and this spread offense against good teams.

even in the wins tajh has taken a beating.

if you can remember when bowden/richrod took over, they let everyone know what to expect from the spread; the qb is going to get hit.

- woody dantzler broke ankles, not his own.
- poor streeter didn't go a play without dragging another limb to the sideline, all his own.

haha, we shall see. i'm rooting for them, i like them all, but it's big boy time with the money being spent. just want there to be some real expectations with real accountability. i hope the admin is happy with dabo's program, just not satisfied. i think clemson can muster doing it right and winning their share of the moments.

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,051
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic