Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
hey grandpaw, what's for supper? Saturday edition.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 566

hey grandpaw, what's for supper? Saturday edition.

Aug 5, 2017, 6:08 PM

here it's ridiculously nice weather, low humidity, 77 degrees and breezy. So gotsta grill. Having skinless, bone-in chicken thighs with a proprietary dry rub. Either sauteed green beens and squash or grilled brocolli, squash, and peppers, depending on Mrs No's vote. Either a nice merlot or DB's Baltic Porter, probably a bourbon whilest grilling. Upgraded my porch tunes wit a new Bose Soundlink Revolve+ speaker, so there's that too. Moving 5 truckloads of furniture from SIL's condo just about did me in yesterday, today is all about chillin', knowing I won't be in that condo no mo.

whatayahavin'?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife out of town so I just smoked me a rack of ribs

Aug 5, 2017, 6:12 PM

and "pigged" out.

Did have a Revelry Gullah Cream ale (see below). :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

kudos for fixing something good instead of junky and easy like

Aug 5, 2017, 6:52 PM

OSF.

Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Celtic, I edited what you pointed. splain it to OSF.***

Dec 28, 2023, 10:39 AM

I'm sorta lost sir. Hey I eat junky/easy a lot...........

Aug 5, 2017, 7:43 PM

it's not always "champagne wishes and caviar dreams" if that's what you're talking about it?

I'm sure she didn't take it personal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sauteed veggies and pork steaks***

Aug 5, 2017, 6:16 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bone in? love me some thick bone-in pork chops, been craving

Aug 5, 2017, 7:23 PM

will do soon.

bone in,they are sold as steaks and i believe are a

Aug 5, 2017, 7:44 PM

boston butt sliced up

I have no luck with pork chops no matter how .............

Aug 5, 2017, 8:03 PM [ in reply to bone in? love me some thick bone-in pork chops, been craving ]

I try to cook them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't tell anybody

Aug 5, 2017, 8:15 PM

but i just broil them and they are delish

1st attempt at paella turned into a decent chicken bog

Aug 5, 2017, 6:17 PM

Used the wrong rice but still tastes good

Some homebrewed red ale to wash it down

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Mmm paella. *******

Aug 5, 2017, 6:32 PM

I've got to try that.***

Aug 5, 2017, 7:15 PM

Mine 2 weeks ago

Aug 5, 2017, 9:42 PM [ in reply to 1st attempt at paella turned into a decent chicken bog ]
IMG_3404.JPG(117.7 K)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your posts are why I need to try it. Thanks.

Aug 5, 2017, 9:48 PM

but I ain't got the specific pan.

Your post prompted us to try***

Aug 5, 2017, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Mine 2 weeks ago ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

so far its cheesesticks, and

Aug 5, 2017, 6:50 PM

Molotov Lite

darn little woman of the house doesn't want to cook tonight. wink

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That brew is what I'm having once this..........

Aug 5, 2017, 6:52 PM

new dish is done.

Delivery...... but wait

Aug 5, 2017, 7:02 PM

Not just any delivery. Savannahtogo.com had just added Sisters of the New South to their restaurants.

Went with the BBQ ribs. The leg got the fried chicken, and she normally doesn't eat fried things.

http://www.thesistersofthenewsouth.com/Pages/Menu.aspx?DeptID=0

Good stuff

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

autocorrect, or is that what you call her?***

Aug 5, 2017, 7:04 PM

Re: autocorrect, or is that what you call her?***

Aug 5, 2017, 7:08 PM

Lol. That's my nickname for her. Long story, but it was derived after a friend claimed something about me just wanting some leg. So she's become the leg in our circle

well that vaults to near the top of my list of sig other

Aug 5, 2017, 7:19 PM

names on teh JouNge.

It's still a hit as our inside joke when we tell it

Aug 5, 2017, 8:01 PM

Mostly just a friendly moniker.

When it's just me around my friends, I'll refer to her like "I'll have to ask the leg for permission to go fishing" or they may say "did your leg make us sandwiches to take fishing?"

Not so much to her face anymore.

Re: hey grandpaw, what's for supper? Saturday edition.

Aug 5, 2017, 7:55 PM

Deer loin and sausage... hopefully some bumble chicks for dessert

well now. boy howdy.***

Aug 5, 2017, 9:24 PM

Cedar plank salmon

Aug 5, 2017, 9:38 PM

While overlooking lake keowee

sweet. Still holding out hope for doing that this fall.

Aug 5, 2017, 9:53 PM

Our tailgate group is souring on night games and the drive to Keowee late night from our spot off Cherry Rd. I say, hey, suck it up, it's prime time, pay the price.

New Jersey shrimp boil and a bunch of really bad beer.

Aug 6, 2017, 9:44 AM

'Twas our paycheck for playing a private party at the lake house of a veterinarian originally from New Jersey. They actually did a great job on the food but SERIOUSLY...cans of Bud Light, Bud Light Lime, and Corona were the beer choices of these uncultured heathens.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 566
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic