Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
feastmode's speed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

feastmode's speed

Dec 19, 2017, 1:22 PM

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/189017/tavien-feaster

am I the only one who feels his speed has declined because I do know he gained like 20 lbs of muscle in the off season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wl9ruGQW74

on this run. tee Higgins, who ran a 4.75 was running with feaster.
he's certainly been great this season, but just wondering why he seems slower than last year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: feastmode's speed

Dec 19, 2017, 1:24 PM

He was carrying the rock so it slowed him down...

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2017, 1:37 PM

Typically, the guy with a 30-yard lead tends to slow down while the one chasing, is running full-speed to catch up.

That and, well, the obvious - Tee Higgins has gotten faster and Feaster has gotten slower with the added weight.

So I guess the DB's for NCST run a 4.9/40

Dec 19, 2017, 1:39 PM

Where do you people come from, really? Do you try to be stupid, or is it natural?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^POTD^^^^

Dec 19, 2017, 4:07 PM

Re: So I guess the DB's for NCST run a 4.9/40

Dec 19, 2017, 4:11 PM [ in reply to So I guess the DB's for NCST run a 4.9/40 ]

Pretty sure it's natural.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2017, 1:52 PM

Your 40 time isn't accurate as to your football speed, also Tee is 6ft 5 or so, he's not going to start right in stride but once he's in stride he's going to be much faster therefore his 40 time isn't accurate as to his down field speed. A lot of scouts don't put much faith into the 40 times anymore.

Dec 19, 2017, 2:16 PM

This is very accurate, the 40 times are nice and all, but it's really the time for the first 10 yards that shows your acceleration. That and the cone drill which shows quick, change of direction movements are what teams are beginning to look for.

That's why the Patriots thrive with players like Edelman, Hogan, and once upon a time Welker. They aren't incredibly fast but are very shifty and can change directions quickly without losing a lot of momentum.

Dec 19, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: feastmode's speed ]

Football speed isn't the same as track speed. Ford was faster on the track than Spiller, but on the field it was the opposite.

Feaster has the wheels to take it to the house on any play. What I want to know is what is ETN's 5 yard speed. He is a blur. Much like Spiller was, two steps and was at full speed in pads and with the rock in hand. That man is bad.

As Django said, he's that one mother++++++.

Talk about hitting a last minute homerun on the recruiting trail. That's why I'm not sweating this drama. If this staff has proven anything, never count them out.

Message was edited by: ctigers_fan

Yes he is slower, but that not that much slower. The extra

Dec 19, 2017, 2:13 PM

weight is more valuable than whatever speed he lost.

idk but it does seem to me that he isnt as fast

Dec 19, 2017, 2:13 PM

As he was in highschool. Maybe the added muscle weight has slowed him down

Re: idk but it does seem to me that he isnt as fast

Dec 19, 2017, 2:14 PM

You also have to take into account he's not running past high school kids anymore. The speed difference from high school to college to the NFL decreases and makes a player like Feaster "look" slower.

Dec 19, 2017, 2:15 PM

I think NC State would disagree with you

Dec 19, 2017, 2:17 PM

He is still lighting fast he doesn't train for track anymore.
So he might have lost a little speed but still one of the fastest people on the planet.

Dec 19, 2017, 2:18 PM

If you're running with the earth's rotation then you'll appear faster and visa verse.

Hth

Dec 19, 2017, 3:51 PM

I thought I read where Tee ran like a 4.50. I may be wrong but I swear that's what I heard when we recruited him

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2017, 4:14 PM

He is literally dusting three defenders and you're complains about his finishing speed on a 90 yard run!?

Dec 19, 2017, 5:28 PM

When he was at Spartanburg High School...my alma mater...he really was not impressive compared to some of the previous RB stars from that school...Stephen Davis, and Carnie Norris. Carnie Norris was fast as lightning, but made the mistake of choosing UGA for college, where he played backup to Hershel Walker. Last I heard he was still in prison for murder...very sad! Two players from SHS played in a Super bowl...Stephen Davis for the Panthers, and Steve Fuller for the Chicago Bears. He of course also went to Clemson, and he was at SHS part of the time I was, so I knew him. Carnie Norris scored 70 touchdowns and 4000 yards rushing at SHS...man he was fast!!!! I think he had 1 good year at UGA before Hershal Walker arrived...talk about bad luck!!!

Thanks for the highlight.

Dec 19, 2017, 5:30 PM

Would love to see one of those against Alabama.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic