Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
the history of 4:20... a pretty cool read
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

the history of 4:20... a pretty cool read

Oct 30, 2018, 9:12 AM

In 1971, six students at San Rafael High School in Marin County, California, invented it...and it just sort of spread through the Grateful Dead underground

Note: For some reason the "article preview" creates a stupid wall of text, so click on the top link:

http://nightflight.com/high-times-in-san-rafael-the-true-story-of-420-the-waldos-the-bebes/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

True Story, in Hike School, I was a bit of a weirdo

Oct 30, 2018, 9:27 AM

FOOKING SURPRISED, AMIRITE?

Anyways, I had some friends that were stoners. We had to write a newspaper for US History and we named it the "420 Chronic-le". We wrote the paper, presented it to the class, got our grade (probably good cause weirdo=nerdo) and then after class the teacher pulled me to the side and asked if I knew what 420 stood for. I was all "nah Teacher, enlighten me" so she broke out the fact that it is a reference to Hitler who was born on 4/20 and the Oklahoma City Bombing (not actually true).

Anyways, other than blazing a fatty, 4/20 always makes me think of that teacher. We laughed and blazed a fatty with her after class.

That last part is not true.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A friend of mine showed me that, or a similar article a few

Oct 30, 2018, 9:42 AM

years back. He graduated from Clemson just as I was just getting there. He's an interesting dude and has served as a past judge at the Cannabis Cup, and actually knew some of those people. This also reminds me of how much I like David Crosby's 'If I Could Only Remember My Name', which is basically the Crosby, Stills, Nash & Dead album. Just queued that up for my morning listen.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well now I know what to listen to this morning. Thanks!!!***

Oct 30, 2018, 9:51 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RRT graduted before you?***

Oct 30, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to A friend of mine showed me that, or a similar article a few ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRB, going to Facebook to check up on him.***

Oct 30, 2018, 10:04 AM

RECIPE TO CONCENTRATE ON YOUR GOALS BETTER AND TURN A FROWN

Oct 30, 2018, 10:06 AM

UPSIDE DOWN. TILL TOMORROW. TOMORROW. I LOVE YOU TOMMORROW. YOU ARENONLY A DAY AWAY...
WATER. CRANBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE. APPLE JUICES JUICE CONCENTRATE. PEAR JUICE CONCENTRATE. GRAPE JUICE CONCENTRATE. ASCORBIC ACID. NATURAL FLAVORS. SVEDKA. THC VAPE. NICOTENE SOURCED FROM TOBACCO. [MARLBORO BLACK 100] GOOD MUSIC.

Marin County, God’s Country:

Oct 30, 2018, 9:43 AM

http://patricksmithphotography.com/blog/portfolio/marin-county-photos-1/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ever been up to the top of Mount Tamalpais?

Oct 30, 2018, 10:05 AM

There's an old amphitheater up there, and really the first "outdoor rock concert" was held there in June 1967... the Summer of Love. It was the weekend before the infamous Monterey Pop Festival, and of course before Woodstock and all those that followed. What a lineup... The Doors, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane, The Byrds, Country Joe & The Fish, Steve Miller, Grass Roots, and a bunch of other local Bay Area bands.

Check it out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_Fair_and_Magic_Mountain_Music_Festival

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool. No, never been. I did see Stanley Clarke in Mill

Oct 30, 2018, 10:12 AM

Valley in 1985, at some small High School amphitheater.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you ever go... better bring something to sit on. LOL

Oct 30, 2018, 10:17 AM

Looks slightly more comfy than the seating at the Ed Brown

Oct 30, 2018, 10:26 AM

Rodeo in Blacksburg, SC.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is another great concert I wish I could have

Oct 30, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to ever been up to the top of Mount Tamalpais? ]

been at a lil further south:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EzSbGgevzRA

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic