Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m not going to get into this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,529

I’m not going to get into this

Jun 26, 2020, 10:40 AM

“Hate Swofford” battle with you guys but I will say this. Swofford was a leader in getting the current four team playoff in place for college football. He can feel good about that because the ACC has been included in every playoff game thus far. Thanks to the Clemson Tigers. This is a real accomplishment for Coach Swinney considering where the program was prior to the power five conference matchups in the title games. To win two of the five is incredible. And coach S is just getting started. Thanks Johnny for letting the Tigers show how the game needs to be played. Go ACC!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did he have anything to do with allowing...

Jun 26, 2020, 10:54 AM

ND to have their cake and eat it too?

ND needs to be all in or all out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: did he have anything to do with allowing...

Jun 26, 2020, 11:00 AM

The deal with ND wasn't just for the heck of it or to do ND a favor. The deal with ND means more money for the tv contracts.

Re: did he have anything to do with allowing...

Jun 26, 2020, 11:07 AM

Exactly. Additionally, if and when they decide to fully join a conference, it will be the ACC. It was a good move

No, it was a crap deal, it propped them up enough so they

Jun 26, 2020, 1:06 PM

will NEVER have to join and they are taking up a slot that will not allow us to go to 16...They will keep one foot out forever and we will be one team short because of his desperation move

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I loved those awesome Raycom contracts with his son***

Jun 26, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: did he have anything to do with allowing... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also traded MD away for Louisville PLUS CASH

Jun 3, 2016, 1:09 PM

That might have been the greatest trade of all time. That said, if you love CU football, you must automatically loathe Swoffy. Not just cause the tack on year, but cause of the network kickbacks to his boy leading to much less money for us.

Re: He also traded MD away for Louisville PLUS CASH

Jun 26, 2020, 11:14 AM

I admittedly don't know much of anything about the specifics of the Raycom deal. I know the bulk of our tv revenue comes from ESPN, and that Raycom would basically get games that ESPN passed on for that week. What options were on the table for the ACC for those additional games that ESPN wasn't taking? How much money did the ACC turn down in choosing Raycom?

Re: He also traded MD away for Louisville PLUS CASH

Jun 26, 2020, 12:21 PM

Maryland left on their own. They were not “traded away”. The only questionable move made in the expansion was BC and that opened the league up to new markets. Miami,Syracuse Louisville and Pitt and VPI were very positive moves in my opinion. The league could easily have folded when Md joined the big ten. None of us know the financial impact of the tv deals. I do know that watching my Tigers play basketball on tv several years was a rare occasion. I like where the ACC is right now. You all watch the SEC guys on tv so you can easily see the concern of the ACC. Thanks to Clemson

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,529
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic