Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How is a chemistry experiment a felony?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,796

How is a chemistry experiment a felony?

Dec 11, 2012, 9:11 AM

Sorry if Germans. I understand the timing was poor and the kid shouldn't have done it on campus but seriously? This could ruin his life.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/oconee-pickens-news/Clemson-student-accused-in-dry-ice-bomb-explosions/-/9654906/17723164/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/3fjillz/-/index.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: How is a chemistry experiment a felony?

Dec 11, 2012, 9:21 AM

Any time you make something and it's intent is to explode, that's how. Sucks for the guy I'm sure he meant no harm. Our neighbor did the same thing once and luckily he didn't get arrested but he did a pretty good scare and stern talking to from the local police.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Felony is pushing it a little. Hopefully they will lower the

Dec 11, 2012, 9:23 AM

charges.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bomb = Felony****

Dec 11, 2012, 9:25 AM

define "bomb."***

Dec 11, 2012, 9:47 AM

Boyd hitting Watkins on a long TD pass***

Dec 11, 2012, 1:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Back in '85 (I think) a student brought what was supposed to

Dec 11, 2012, 9:27 AM

be a noise maker to a showing of The Rocky Horror Picture show at the amphitheater...it ended up being a pipe bomb and seriously injured the student and others. The pipe took a huge hunk out of a cedar tree (tree is gone now) and could have easily killed someone.

Story was that the kid had been setting them off all day without any problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guy I know was standing between the bomb and the cedar tree

Dec 11, 2012, 10:02 AM

you mention (didn't know the guy had a pipe bomb). Bent down to tie his shoe and then the bomb went off. He could've been the tree!

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: How is a chemistry experiment a felony?

Dec 11, 2012, 9:39 AM

This is a little much. I blew up plenty of experiments in my back yard as a kid, including dry-ice. I even used PVC to build a race car that was propelled by Dry Ice for a school project. It was designed to do a controlled explosion and push the car using the compressed air created by the dry ice. If he was truly endangering others around him then I understand but I don't think this is worthy of a felony charge.

null

The only problem with this is location and timing.

Dec 11, 2012, 9:45 AM

Kid made a poor decision, shouldn't be slammed this hard for it though.

Wow, felony charges is ridiculous.

Dec 11, 2012, 9:43 AM

I used to make dry-ice "bombs", mix magnesium and acid to make hydrogen, contained mentos and coke, etc. Obviously with zero intent to harm anything.

I also made a compressed air blow gun that could shoot a custom made aluminum cone dart through a 1/2" plywood board, now that was a fun toy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

That's some Breaking Bad #### right there.***

Dec 11, 2012, 1:10 PM

If a bomb went off in Thornhill, would anyone even notice?***

Dec 11, 2012, 9:47 AM

This sounds like a tree falling question***

Dec 11, 2012, 10:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Was that dry ice shaken....not stirred ?***

Dec 11, 2012, 10:46 AM

Same reason stealing 5 bucks in a dorm room is a felony.

Dec 11, 2012, 1:12 PM

CUPD got sticks up tha butt.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,796
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic