Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Men's tennis vs Auburn, 6pm Friday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,155

Men's tennis vs Auburn, 6pm Friday

Jan 23, 2020, 5:13 PM

First big match of the year at the new indoor facility in Clemson tomorrow at 6pm.

The Auburn Tigers are coming to town. Auburn has had a rough few years, in a rebuilding mode much like us and have been toward the bottom of the SEC. This year they are likely to be one of the bottom couple teams in the SEC again this season so this is a match that we really need to win. Of course Auburn is viewing this match as a must win as well.

Projected Auburn singles lineup:

1. Tom Wright. Junior. Beckenham, England
2. Tim Dollman. Senior. Cape Town, South Africa
3. Tyler Stice. Freshman. Atlanta, GA
4. Matteo DeVincentis. Junior. Rome, Italy
5. Finn Murgett. Freshman. Holmfirth, England
6. Diego Chavarria, Junior. San Jose, Costa Rica

Tim Dollman will be slotted in somewhere in the line-up as the UAB transfer will be coming back from injury. Wright is also a transfer, from Arizona State (just like Clemson's Dodens).

We will learn a lot about this Clemson team with this match.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Men's tennis vs Auburn, 6pm Friday

Jan 23, 2020, 6:26 PM

See you there. I appreciate all of your tennis posts! Hope we do well. It would be great to see.

awesome. I’ll be there

Jan 24, 2020, 1:30 AM

I usually sit behind court 1 for the first set then move around for the important swing points and moments

..,***

Jan 24, 2020, 11:35 AM

Live scoring

Jan 24, 2020, 6:00 PM

https://clemsontigers.com/clemson-mens-tennis/

Just started

Clemson kinda blows doubles point

Jan 24, 2020, 6:53 PM

Auburn leads 1-0

Re: Clemson kinda blows doubles point

Jan 24, 2020, 7:22 PM

Yeah...kinda

coming down to the wire***

Jan 24, 2020, 9:11 PM

Re: coming down to the wire***

Jan 24, 2020, 9:23 PM

What has happen to the live feed of Carlos Kelaidis match at #4 and did not get to see Teodor Giusca finish his match out at #2...Thank God for Live Stats

i don’t know did it go out

Jan 24, 2020, 9:27 PM

I’m there watching. Pretty good crowd

Re: i don’t know did it go out

Jan 24, 2020, 9:31 PM

Yea it went out at #2 when Teodor Giusca was up 5-4 in the 3rd Set and went out at #4 when Carlos Kelaidis was 2-0 in the 3rd set...Oh well just have to keep up with it via LiveStats/Gametracker...Pull Carlos Kelaidis thru to a Win

Re: i don’t know did it go out

Jan 24, 2020, 9:43 PM [ in reply to i don’t know did it go out ]

It's back on now...came back on when Carlos Kelaidis was down 5-3 in the 3rd set

And reeeled off 3 straight games after that!

Jan 24, 2020, 9:53 PM

He looks fresher right now. Let’s see if he can finish it

Re: And reeeled off 3 straight games after that!

Jan 24, 2020, 10:11 PM

That was an absolute gut wrenching loss for Carlos Kelaidis and the team

my recap

Jan 25, 2020, 2:46 PM

Wow what a match vs Auburn. It lasted about as long as possible with no-ad and 6 singles court as it ended after 4 hours and 10 minutes.

Clemson really blew the doubles point as they had leads on all three courts and coughed it up on court 3 and then played a poor tiebreak on court 1 to lose it. That ended up proving very costly.

The deciding singles match was court 4 where Carlos Kelaidis and Matteo DeVincentis played almost a full hour longer than any other match as the dual match was tied 3-3 when it was only 1-0 in the 3rd set. Everyone grouped around court 4 and created a raucous atmosphere for the lefty on lefty battle. Kelaidis got an early break and led 2-0 but gave it back and eventually went down 3-5. He then caught a second wind and looked the fresher player and won three straight games to take a 6-5 lead in the set, his aggressive net charging style working well.

DeVincentis held and they went to a tiebreaker for all the marbles. Kelaidis got the early minibreak and changed end with a 4-2 lead. At 4-3 he hit a sizzling inside out forehand winner to take a 5-3 lead that jazzed everyone up and he roared with confidence. But DeVincentis executed a perfect serve and volley the next point and then played more solidly in a cople long rallies to get a match point up 6-5. The match point was at least 30 shots, eventually ended by Kelaidis dumping a backhand slice into the net and the Auburn Italian player fell to the ground in relief as his teammates dog piled on him in front of a hostile crowd. Great college tennis match but a crushing loss for Kelaidis.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,155
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic