Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
clowney article
Other Sports Boards - The Pro Zone
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

clowney article

Nov 2, 2014, 12:54 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/02/report-texans-are-getting-frustrated-with-clowney/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Report: Texans are getting frustrated with Clowney

Posted by Mike Florio on November 2, 2014, 10:13 AM EST
Clowney
AP
When Jadeveon Clowney emerged from South Carolina, the red flags were flying. And the Texans ignored them. Maybe they wish they hadn’t.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Texans are getting “frustrated” with Clowney, who may miss Sunday’s game with an illness. Rapoport adds that the Texans want Clowney to “grow up” and be “more mature.”

Perhaps there’s more going on behind the scenes, but Clowney already has dealt with a lot. He had a sports hernia that required surgery in June — and he didn’t milk it at all during training camp. He tore a meniscus in his regular-season debut, potentially due to the franchise’s failure to provide the players with a sufficient field.

While it’s possible that he could play through his current illness (not enough about the illness is known to know whether he can), it seems odd that the Texans already would be frustrated with a guy who has had legitimate conditions and injuries. It’s even more odd that they’d admit it, since it’s not as if there wasn’t a risk that Clowney wouldn’t work as hard as he needs to in order to thrive at the NFL level.

His college coach questioned Clowney’s work ethic, for crying out loud. The warnings were there, and the Texans knew it. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have been dangling the pick before the draft. If they hadn’t asked for so much in trade, Clowney could have been someone else’s problem right now.

The problem could get worse if Clowney suspects that the team is leaking these concerns to the media company the team partially owns in order to get him to step up. While the report may provoke a response from Clowney, it may not be the one they’re hoping for.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How could anyone say they didn't see this coming???***

Nov 2, 2014, 1:05 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It has a kind of wishful thinking/setting the stage for his

Nov 2, 2014, 1:13 PM

failure feel. Maybe he'll get better, and if not, we've been talking about this for a long time - he's a flop.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: clowney article

Nov 2, 2014, 1:16 PM

Clowney was a jerkoff at USuC...there were no surprises.....

Someone not banned should post this @ FGF LOLOLOL***

Nov 2, 2014, 1:19 PM

i dont know how many times i said he would bust in the NFL

Nov 2, 2014, 1:33 PM

and was a waste of $$.

Being drafted doesn't make you a football player. You still have to put in the work, but of course Clown was allowed to do (or NOT do) everything he wanted at USuCk, so he has never had to learn any lessons or worry about having a work ethic.

What a waste of pure God-given talent to a worthless recipient.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Yep

Nov 2, 2014, 2:03 PM

said same thing and called in to nfl network and Sirius college fball to say just that. they said he was too good and too much upside. told them they were wrong and combine numbers mean zilch. hahahaha

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Yep

Nov 2, 2014, 2:29 PM

They must have forgot how much upside jamarcus russell had. Clowney will be a bust. I think his talents can carry him far, even with his #### poor work ethic. But, I think his injury woes will carry him further, away from the field.

well said***

Nov 2, 2014, 2:19 PM [ in reply to i dont know how many times i said he would bust in the NFL ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2014, 1:34 PM

Well, I think they were "pushed" into taking him No. 1. I believe a coot grad is high up in the chain of the Texans, just like ESPN. That is why USuC is on every year for the start of college football. Not because they earned it but because of preferential treatment in the front office at ESPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bob McNair is a graduate of SC

Nov 2, 2014, 1:37 PM

And the Texans owner. That may have played a role.

Re: Bob McNair is a graduate of SC

Nov 2, 2014, 1:52 PM

Dang, how did he save enough money working at McDonald's to buy an NFL team?? They must have bumped up the min wage at that particular store. ;)

It's a shame it can't read this...***

Nov 2, 2014, 1:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2014, 2:13 PM

I said this would happen all along. Its twofold: USuC mentality of believing everything they hear on esecpn and unfounded player worship and clowney buying into it thinking hes good. Creates a mess for whoever invests in it

Nov 2, 2014, 2:32 PM

It's a shame that the Texans had to learn the hard way. But the jury's never even been out on his work ethic. It's been clear all along that he's a slacker.

Being the best athlete on the field without a work ethic maybe buys you a roster spot, but it certainly doesn't warrant the highest pick/salary in the draft.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - The Pro Zone
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next