Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dr. Anthony Fauci is a physician and scientist
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 947

Dr. Anthony Fauci is a physician and scientist

Apr 14, 2020, 6:49 AM

He is NOT an economist. I read the article linked below that says a House Rep. stated that Dr. Fauci "isn’t considering the economic impact of continued quarantines". Dr. Fauci should NOT be considering economic impacts. That's not his job. His job is to tell the President information about how the virus is spreading, and could spread.

The President should and does have economic advisers who are separate from Dr. Fauci. It is the President's responsibility to listen to all of the factors and make decisions based on them.

It's the same thing at the state level. Governor McMaster has officials at DHEC who are telling him about the public health impacts, and he has people who are telling him the economic impacts. The governor is making decisions based on both.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fauci-needs-to-move-along-so-us-may-open-economy-again-us-rep-says

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dr. Anthony Fauci is a physician and scientist

Apr 14, 2020, 7:27 AM

...and bureaucrat.

Apr 14, 2020, 9:10 AM

Primarily he is a bureaucrat and expanding his bureau is one of his main goals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is such a weird and random accusation.

Apr 14, 2020, 9:21 AM

How could you possibly know that? You can see inside his heart?

Is there a part 2 to this?

Apr 14, 2020, 9:24 AM

Part 1 kinda seems like a “water is wet” post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently at least one person, a member

Apr 14, 2020, 9:30 AM

of the US House of Representatives, doesn't see it as an obvious statement.

Truly, I have seen many people condemn Dr. Fauci as somehow causing economic turmoil. It's not his job to worry about the economy.

It seems completely obvious.

Apr 14, 2020, 9:33 AM

The President takes inputs from all angles and then ultimately tries to discern the best course.

I think the real area of confusion are those who feel Fauci and the health opinions should account for 100% of the open/don’t open decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, they obviously can't be the only voices in the room.

Apr 14, 2020, 9:35 AM

Dr. Fauci happens to be the public face of the "negative" information related to this virus. I guess that's why people seem to want to blame him.

"...people seem to want to blame him"

Apr 14, 2020, 10:06 AM

What do all of "these people" have in common?

The answers to your questions are much simpler than you are making them.

Here is Rush Limbaugh within the last week:

"I don't know if anybody noticed it, but little doctor, Dr. Fauci, at the end of the briefing, gave (ABC Reporter Jonathan)Karl a thumbs up, like a 'job well done' kind of thing," Limbaugh said. "It's just, we've got all of these Hillary Clinton sympathizers still in the medical expert team here."

"We know that one thing has not changed, and that is these people's desire, above everything else, to get rid of Donald Trump," he added.

"Now we're getting stories of how wonderful it is to be at home," said Limbaugh. "There is an all-out subtle effort for the status quo because it's going to hurt Donald Trump. That is the objective. That's the only thing at the forefront of some of these people's minds while they portray themselves as being primarily concerned with public health."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "...people seem to want to blame him"

Apr 14, 2020, 12:10 PM

I know i am far more concerned with hurting Donald trump than i am working 12 hours days from home keeping our business afloat.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there a part 2 to this?

Apr 14, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Is there a part 2 to this? ]

Part 2 is Trump pushed to get the economy open and killed people.Or we kept it shut down to save lives and it’s his fault that it went beyond crashed and burned.He can’t win.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the job, though...

Apr 14, 2020, 9:36 AM

too much credit when things are going well, too much blame when they aren't. Also, if you make tough decisions, some of them are going to look wrong in hindsight. But that's every president ever.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's why thick skin is a good quality

Apr 14, 2020, 9:38 AM

in a leader. Strong criticism is unavoidable, but the leader can't be held captive by it. Just do the next right thing.

That’s silly. Every decision has a risk/reward component.

Apr 14, 2020, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Is there a part 2 to this? ]

That’s like saying blood is on Trump’s hands because he kept interstates open when he could have prevented highway accident deaths.

The reality may be too stark for some, but there’s an “acceptable” deaths component in everything from how our cars are built to how medicine is practiced. A can’t think of many things that are practical in the real world and have a “zero deaths” mandate as the crux of their mission.

This is about constructing scapegoats and straw men

Apr 14, 2020, 9:41 AM

so that Trump can "take no responsibility."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The President has re-emphasized his support

Apr 14, 2020, 9:45 AM

for Dr. Fauci and the work he is doing.

OK.

Apr 14, 2020, 9:52 AM

Still doesn't change what is going on. Would Trump have any credibility dealing with this virus if Dr. Fauci were removed?

Dr. Fauci and health experts and the governors of the states are being setup to be blamed by Trump and his minions for the damage to the economy.

The article you linked demonstrates that perfectly.

I think it’s funny how all of the libs and MSM

Apr 14, 2020, 11:19 AM

care to explain or elaborate?

Apr 14, 2020, 12:01 PM

He’s like a clean-up hitter batting .160. Honestly Birx has been as good or better than he has. So I’m not sure how a guy that has been wrong at every turn really “adds credibility.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Yeah I’ll explain

Apr 14, 2020, 12:13 PM

What you call being inconsistent...

Apr 14, 2020, 12:16 PM

Is actually called information changing, as more is learned. We didn't even know this virus existed 6 months ago. This is all brand new.

Dr. Fauci has certainly not shut anything down, whatsoever. He's just a doctor, and he has no authority to do such a thing.

Wait I thought we had warning about this for years

Apr 14, 2020, 12:35 PM

You have me mistaken for someone else.

Apr 14, 2020, 12:41 PM

I have been very supportive of the President's actions during this crisis, including his support for Dr. Fauci.

Replies: 22
| visibility 947
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic