Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA fans are very concerned about their secondary
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

UGA fans are very concerned about their secondary

Aug 25, 2013, 7:03 PM

Here is an example quote:

"Subject: No way our safeties other than norman
Posted by: ohuhershwalker on Sun Aug 25 2013 1:27:14 PM
will be in game shape. They might look good for a couple of series
but they'll be laying on their backs with cramps by the end of the 3rd
quarter. Safety isn't a position that you normally rotate. Its going
to be an awful mess. We'll need ten sacks or fifty points to win this
one. "

Its either that or they dont believe we are a for real.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not wrong

Aug 25, 2013, 7:09 PM

added in that they'll be going up against the best corp of WRs they'll see all year can' tmake them any more comfortable.

Re: He's not wrong

Aug 25, 2013, 7:13 PM

Your assuming we wont play Alabama in December. With Amari Cooper and Chris Black Bama will have the best WR's we will see this year.

Keep telling yourself that, hoss ...

Aug 25, 2013, 8:12 PM

...if it'll help you sleep at night.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2013, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not wrong ]

Cooper's Freshman year statistics do not match Watkin's statistics. Cooper is good but not as good as watkins. Chris Black has never played a down for Alabama...and Georgia fans are wondering how we will replace Hopkins? Peake was rated higher by some recruiting services than watkins and Bryant only catches a TD pass every three times he touches the ball. Both are as fast as watkins...who is faster than cooper. Yeah, they must not be any good since they both played behind a first team all-American ...and then the other guy (former #2 WR) became a first team all-American. Tough to crack the lineup for meaningful playing time. However, Good competition makes one better.

Aug 25, 2013, 6:04 PM

Bama also has Kevin Norwood and Kenny Bell. From top to bottom their receiving corps is clearly better than Clemsons. It's almost as if you guys sense that your only advantage offensively are your receivers so they must be defended at all costs. Thats the only way I can make sense out of the illogical way yall defend them.

"From top to bottom?" Seriously?

Aug 25, 2013, 9:28 PM

Watkins is better than anybody they've got, and Clemson had the top ranked WR recruiting class when we picked up Watkins, Peake, and Bryant. We redshirted another guy who was a top ten receiver a year ago, and then have Humphries who's got a lot of experience.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "From top to bottom?" Seriously?

Aug 25, 2013, 9:35 PM

Yay for Clemson, they've recruited great receivers. Never mind that other than Watkins they haven't accomplished squat.

I dont know man, in the real world just about everyone I know will favor a proven commodity over unproven potential.

Re: Re: "From top to bottom?" Seriously?

Aug 25, 2013, 9:40 PM

You mean like the UGA defense of course.

Aug 25, 2013, 9:43 PM

True, unlike a great many posters here I dont lie to myself. The Georgia defense, by and large is an unproven commodity.

Re: Re: Re: "From top to bottom?" Seriously?

Aug 25, 2013, 9:48 PM

But they know where the receivers are concerned, every Clemson fan knows what they can do. The Clemson receivers are really really good. It's just a fact. Stats are one thing but you just don't get it. I guess after Saturday u will finally understand what everyone here already knows and has tried to tell you.

Aug 25, 2013, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: "From top to bottom?" Seriously? ]

Stalkindawg. Maybe you should start trolling that other site about now. We all know that ESPN is the authority on college football and according to them the "boogie man" is coming to see your QB real soon.

Aug 25, 2013, 9:57 PM

I'm not tryin to troll. I've enjoyed the debate here and hearing the Clemson viewpoint. I usually stick to the Scout sites but Scouts Clemson site is a cesspool.

Re: Re: He's not wrong

Aug 25, 2013, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not wrong ]

LOL talk about unproven, have fun watching Watkins, Bryant and Peak blowing by your secondary!

LOL,

Aug 25, 2013, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not wrong ]

Not the internet kind of LOL but a real LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watkins> Cooper

Aug 25, 2013, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not wrong ]

And then we just have a couple guys behind him that were top ten receivers and who have experience, plus a lesser known guy in Humphries who had a lot of catches last year. You just don't see that kind of offensive firepower in the SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watkins> Cooper

Aug 25, 2013, 9:30 PM

Watkins is better than cooper, but only by a little. Kenny Bell and Kevin Norwood both have better stats than Peake and Bryant. Face it, you've got 1 really great receiver. After that it's just a bunch of hopefuls that dont even have the stats that Georgias 3* players have amassed.

Bell and Norwood have similar stats to Bryant***

Aug 28, 2013, 12:39 PM

Aug 25, 2013, 7:14 PM [ in reply to He's not wrong ]

the best? outside of Sammy you don't have a WR that has caught a meaningful td in his career.

You'll see.***

Aug 25, 2013, 7:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Outside of what you've paid for...

Aug 25, 2013, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not wrong ]

...you haven't had a quality #(*) in your life.

Seem about right?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

come saturday night..

Aug 25, 2013, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not wrong ]

we will have a few wr's who have caught meaningful td's in their lives.

Aug 25, 2013, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not wrong ]

and you're assuming that when you play Alabama in December and if by chance win this time, that a one loss Ga (August 31) would not be playing against Clemson again in early 2014. So in actuality what you need to be concerned about is how they are going to play against that other school in the middle of South Carolina because with their weaka55 Still Envy Clemson (SEC) schedule, they will be the ones playing Alabama.

Aug 25, 2013, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not wrong ]

then no worries, right? Ummm...your coach doesn't seem to feel that way. Your fellow fans are a bit concerned, too. Maybe you're missing something?

Aug 25, 2013, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not wrong ]

Can anyone name a UGA receiver? Because I can't.

Re: How would you know???

Aug 25, 2013, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: He's not wrong ]

with your SEC nose up in the air season after season looking down on the rest of the college football world. You guys are unbelievable

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

best corp of recievers?

Aug 25, 2013, 7:15 PM

Watkinds only proven WR. Good talent but you are jumping the gun big time!

Get ready for the new Martavis Bryant.

Aug 25, 2013, 7:33 PM

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: UGA fans are very concerned about their secondary

Aug 25, 2013, 7:20 PM

If they need 50 points 9r 10 sacks to beat anyone, they aren't for real!

Aug 25, 2013, 7:56 PM

First game jitters on both sides. I think that the new starters on both teams will make or break the game. That's one place where we definitely have an advantage - we can help out if we BRING THE NOISE!

It's 'when,' we bring the noise.

Aug 25, 2013, 8:00 PM

We are going to bring the volume and they are going to think they've gone to the pits of helll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know why they are concerned.

Aug 25, 2013, 8:02 PM

They are SEC and playing a lowly, weak and defenseless D2 team from a basketball conference.

Re: I don't know why they are concerned.

Aug 25, 2013, 8:57 PM

Some of them must have been out on parole and seen the Clemson/LSU game.

Re: I don't know why they are concerned.

Aug 25, 2013, 8:58 PM

Well, it was on a holiday so that makes sense.

Aug 25, 2013, 8:06 PM

As we should be concerned about our secondary.

Aug 25, 2013, 8:48 PM

DAWGDAY PROPAGANDA/Do not EVEN believe this POST.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic