Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The fact is, we were too mediocre this year, with no
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,152

The fact is, we were too mediocre this year, with no

Mar 17, 2019, 7:11 PM

strong wins to offset the mediocrity. There are other mediocre teams that made the cut, but did so by virtue of having a few good wins to get them over the hump. We were just flat and unimpressive when all was said and done.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The fact is, we were too mediocre this year, with no

Mar 17, 2019, 7:16 PM

friday typlified what we did in close games this year. And sadly friday shouldnt have been close. we hit some fools gold threes first half and didnt work for shots the second half because we thought we could keep doing that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get no joy in saying that should have been obvious

Mar 17, 2019, 7:20 PM

I love Clemson basketball. And there isnt a single thing to be excited about entering next season if things remain as is

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get no joy in saying that should have been obvious

Mar 17, 2019, 7:29 PM

Agree with you. 4 returning starters from a sweet 16 team and not even making the tournament is pathetic. Next year is a 10 win type of year. Gonna be tough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 7:31 PM

Better hope for some quality grad transfers to come in and contribute immediately!

Mar 17, 2019, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I get no joy in saying that should have been obvious ]

4 -- 5th year guys actually. Apparently devoe was the glue for that group. they didnt have a real chemistry or idenity this year. even when we won 4 in a row in feb wand you thought we might be getting it we slipped right back into the way we played early on. low hoops iq in many situations for a team w so much experience

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really don't understand the point in continuing down

Mar 17, 2019, 7:36 PM [ in reply to I get no joy in saying that should have been obvious ]

this same road another day. Big disappointment this year, low expectations next year, 2 good seasons in the last 9, I just don't get it. Now would be the time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Right there with you***

Mar 17, 2019, 7:48 PM

Re: The fact is, we were too mediocre this year, with no

Mar 17, 2019, 7:24 PM

We were and that is what is so frustrating with 2 very experienced guards and a good post player to not so better smh!

With 4 starters back from a sweet 16 team, this year

Mar 17, 2019, 7:28 PM

was a huge disappointment. No other way to spin it.

- H. L. Mencken

agree, but we won the close ones last year and did not

Mar 17, 2019, 7:31 PM

win them this year. If we had tradition in basketball, we would have made tourney. But we don’t, so we got left out

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agree, but we won the close ones last year and did not

Mar 17, 2019, 7:38 PM

more if we had won a decent number of the close ones. I think we were 1-5 this year or so

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,152
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic