Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offense will not reach potential until we choose a QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,168

Offense will not reach potential until we choose a QB

Sep 16, 2018, 2:14 PM

We have no identity bc we are running 2 different offenses bc we have 2 QBs with 2 very different skill sets. Once we pick one and tailor the whole gameplan around him, watch out! But we must choose our identity.... are we a QB run heavy offense that relies on short passing game or a balanced offense that can air it out and relies on the RBs in the run game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

offense has to adjust to each one differently

Sep 16, 2018, 2:18 PM

we need to stick to one and be done with it

Agree

Sep 16, 2018, 2:18 PM

Chemistry and rhythm matter..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May take longer but if we get comfortable with 2,

Sep 16, 2018, 2:19 PM

we have a higher ceiling than with just 1. What if KB had played almost all the minutes up to now, and then he gets dinged up yesterday, TL wouldn’t be as ready as he is right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally id like to see TL as the starter with

Sep 16, 2018, 2:25 PM

KB having a 10-15 play a game package(with emphasis on running ability)

Agree.

Sep 16, 2018, 2:27 PM

It is easy to fall into the thinking of "two QBs are better than one," but because Trevor and Kelly have such different styles, it would seemingly be quite obvious to opposing teams which plays will be run with Bryant in the game. Trevor gives us the versatile, dynamic offense we will need against top defenses, as we will see in the playoffs.

I also agree with your point about the importance of flow and continuity. It is really hard for the players to continue to adjust to each QB. Perhaps that is one reason why we have seen so many mistakes so far this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

agree. I have my preference of qb, but

Sep 16, 2018, 2:30 PM

Honestly any ONE QB would be better than the inconsistent flow of the offense with the TWO qb rotation we have going on now.

Re: agree. I have my preference of qb, but

Sep 16, 2018, 2:33 PM

The prepping of TL has been spot on. He has gradually been worked into being the QB while keeping KB involved and playing often enough. TL gradually adds to his PT and KB becomes more of a wildcat formation QB. Nothing wrong with the way things are going. Dabo gets all this.

Re: agree. I have my preference of qb, but

Sep 16, 2018, 2:38 PM

Don’t try to bring common sense here, this is TigerNet!

All this 2 QB talk is a distraction. Tnetters should

Sep 16, 2018, 2:48 PM

focus on the real issue. We talked about this for years and stubborn, loyal Dabo did not change a thing! Have you forgotten what we (well, Tnet) was so sure was necessary for us to progress? Fire Batson!

I'm sure right after watching/grading the game,

Sep 16, 2018, 3:02 PM

The coaching staff goes to TNET for guidance on the next step for the team. We know nothing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,168
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic