Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
He who shall not be named
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

He who shall not be named

Nov 14, 2019, 6:50 PM

Interesting read:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2019/11/14/whistleblower-nyt-impeachment-070887

Right or left, the op-ed has a point. Everyone knows the guy, and by self-imposing censorship within the mainstream media, they're just opening a huge door to the alt-right media to run with this. I mean if harm came to this guy right now, who would be responsible? His name appears in 408,000 results in Google. Who is his attorney going to sue? 408,000 people? There's already a lawsuit filed against Facebook for deleting a post with his name.

If the guy is who they say he is, and there's very good reason to believe he has been accurately named, he poses a HUGE problem in this impeachment inquiry. Speculation is he was in charge, or at least involved in USAID payments to Ukraine under Obama's administration at the time Hunter Biden was making his millions. He would have every reason to know why Trump's call was dangerous. I have no clue if what is written about the guy is true or not, but the way the media is censoring itself, while millions know the guy's name and are writing about and investigating him, it's just kind of surreal. Just for reference, here's a list of famous whistleblowers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_whistleblowers

In fact, the government has been all too eager to release the identity of whistleblowers in the past. And I have never seen one as exposed as this guy still being censored in the media, or by SOME in the media anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does he need to be named?***

Nov 14, 2019, 8:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

He's already been named. That's my point.

Nov 14, 2019, 8:41 PM

Hundreds of websites. 480,000 according to Google.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's already been named. That's my point.

Nov 14, 2019, 8:54 PM

If that's your point, why didn't you say that in your post?

Why does he need to be named?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: He's already been named. That's my point.

Nov 14, 2019, 10:05 PM

“ And I have never seen one as exposed as this guy still being censored in the media, or by SOME in the media anyway. ”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, we're gonna call that "censorship" now? LOL

Nov 15, 2019, 8:07 AM

I love watching people outside the field of journalism try to explain it.

This would be what we call protecting someone's identity so he isn't harmed. Which is exactly what Trump and his people want to do to him.

LOL, no it's not.

Nov 15, 2019, 2:30 PM

I think it's mostly no one being quite sure if it's legal or not to name him with an erring on the side of caution.

If anyone were inclined to shorten this guy's time on Earth, it would only happen if he WERE mostly anonymous. With his name out there and known, he's the safest guy in America.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh, we're gonna call that "censorship" now? LOL

Nov 16, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Oh, we're gonna call that "censorship" now? LOL ]

Nobody went after, and prosecuted whistleblowers more than your boy Obama. By 2016 he had jailed 25+ of them, and no one batted an eye.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech/employee-speech-and-whistleblowers/leak-prosecutions-obama-takes-it-11-or-should-we

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2019, 2:58 PM

MemphisCat said:

Nobody went after, and prosecuted whistleblowers more than your boy Obama. By 2016 he had jailed 25+ of them, and no one batted an eye.

You didn't read the article. Whistle blowing isn't the same as leaking.

There is a legal process one must go through to qualify as a 'whisle blower'.

Leaker's let out protected information for their own purposes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2019, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh, we're gonna call that "censorship" now? LOL ]

Guess you missed all my posts where I supported Snowden over Obama.

Stating more opinions as fact.

Nov 19, 2019, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Oh, we're gonna call that "censorship" now? LOL ]

You're addicted.

All I ask is when (not if) a Democrat President is accused of something

Nov 14, 2019, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Why does he need to be named?*** ]

that the identity of the accuser is not important. Indeed, the media, even if they have it, should not release it.

That’s all I want. Consistency.

null

You're being unreasonable.***

Nov 14, 2019, 9:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: All I ask is when (not if) a Democrat President is accused of something

Nov 14, 2019, 10:25 PM [ in reply to All I ask is when (not if) a Democrat President is accused of something ]

Swarley said:

that the identity of the accuser is not important. Indeed, the media, even if they have it, should not release it.

That’s all I want. Consistency.

That's reasonable Swarley. People forget that the Benghazi Investigation started with a CIA whistle-blower as well.

Nobody screamed for him/her to be revealed and no one vilified him/her in the media.

When did that happen?

Nov 19, 2019, 8:01 AM

I looked on several sites, and all i could find is where Republicans questioned the original circumstances and "facts" that were given that surrounded the attack.

I saw nothing of any "whistleblowers".

https://www.britannica.com/event/2012-Benghazi-attacks

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/20/17996104/benghazi-attack-clinton-obama

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Select_Committee_on_Benghazi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_investigation_into_the_2012_Benghazi_attack

These Are The Days Of Our Lives***

Nov 14, 2019, 9:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They won't hide him if this goes to the Senate.

Nov 15, 2019, 6:56 AM

Here say isn't allowed by federal law because it denies the defendant the right to face his accuser.

Dems are acting like a 14 yr old boy with an erection. They aren't thinking this through to the end.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They won't hide him if this goes to the Senate.

Nov 15, 2019, 7:20 AM

https://www.rulesofevidence.org/article-viii/rule-803/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't change the subject.

Nov 19, 2019, 7:29 AM

What's the crime? Dems' accusation is that the whistleblower directed everyone's attention to a crime. What statue did Trump violate?

If you're going to say he intended to bribe Ukraine then you're going to be burdened to prove motive. Being that Ukraine was part of the 2016 election meddling as clearly mentioned in the transcript dems will never prove the only reason Trump asked for Ukraine to help with Barr's investigation was to seek 'dirt,' on Biden. Biden gave plenty of predicate for the investigation.

When this goes to the senate, and I'm about positive it will since AOC wants it, the senate will call the whistleblower and Adam Schiff to find out how much they coordinated before the report was filed.

By then the Durham investigation will be filing charges against Obama's administradors and a chitshow will entertain us all the way to Nov 2020. Horowitz testifies before the Senate Dec 11 this year.

All the house investigation is doing it bringing the spotlight on Joe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think y'all are getting this...

Nov 15, 2019, 8:14 AM [ in reply to They won't hide him if this goes to the Senate. ]

There isn't a need to name the whistleblower. It's unnecessary and irrelevant to the investigation.

This whole thing is weird.

Nov 15, 2019, 9:08 AM

If "everyone knows who it is," then who is it? Who are these people who are "writing about it"? I haven't seen it anywhere. You didn't even say the name in your post. Are you "censoring yourself"? Why? It's just weird.

The identity of the whistleblower is completely and hopelessly irrelevant to the impeachment case. And the people obsessing over it know this. I don't think the President should be impeached, but this is just embarrassing behavior by him and his supporters.

Re: This whole thing is weird.

Nov 15, 2019, 11:03 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Is-this-guy-the-whistleblower-1943414?tstart=60

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This thread is a prime example. His name is Eric Ciaramella

Nov 15, 2019, 2:25 PM [ in reply to This whole thing is weird. ]

Real Clear Politics, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Donald Trump Jr and his 4 million twitter followers, Mark Levin, Washington Examiner, Newsmax, Breitbart, Rand Paul, PJ Media, Dallas Morning News, Town Hall, all have named him. Google that name. There's 443,000 results. The results will be a who's who among right wing websites. And if you read up, there's a very good reason they're NOT naming him publicly, even though he's been named publicly.

And if you consider how the whole Russian collusion investigation started, that was equally as shady. There isn't anything here either, but the fishing expedition and how it started is something we should all be concerned with. We should also be concerned in how Biden acted and the millions his son made in what is hard to describe as anything but corruption. Having the FBI director falsely submit a FISA warrant, based on verified information that was not verified, to a judge is a felony.

If there was Russian collusion, impeach Trump. If there was something BEYOND this phone call, I'll wait and see. But reasonable people are seeing through this. Meanwhile everyone knows who the whistleblower is, yet Youtube, Facebook, Apple, WaPo, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, etc. simply won't cover it. Won't investigate him. Won't investigate Benghazi. Won't investigate Biden's VERY clear quid pro quo while in office, won't investigate his son. It's really surreal the control and bias of the press.

I will admit that the whistleblower matters in this case:

Nov 16, 2019, 10:37 AM

If, when we discover who it is and everything about him, that that information magically scrubs out things the President says in the call transcript, and writes in other words in their place.

I really don't think that's going to happen, so I think it's going to remain true that the whistleblower matters absolutely zero. Absolutely. Zero. It really is confusing to me how anyone can think differently.

You probably don't follow right-wing propaganda sites

Nov 16, 2019, 9:44 PM

which, based on what Tiggity wrote, he does. You're not going to see eye to eye with people that so removed from reality.

I think AOC has told us what the real reason of the

Nov 19, 2019, 7:32 AM

impeachment is:

“. . . We also need to move quite quickly because we’re talking about the potential compromise of the 2020 elections,” Ocasio-Cortez ended. “And so this is not just about something that has occurred; this is about preventing a potentially disastrous outcome from occurring next year.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/aoc-says-impeachment-necessary-to-unite-dems-stop-potential-compromise-of-the-2020-election/

She wasn't the first.

Nov 19, 2019, 8:13 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42G7JJw8j7U

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=i%27m+concerned+if+we+don%27t+impeach+this+president+he+will+get+re-elected

Does it matter that he is a documented liar?

Nov 19, 2019, 8:10 AM [ in reply to I will admit that the whistleblower matters in this case: ]

He filed a falsehood on the report. He did not reveal that he had contact with congress before the report was filed. Why would an honest man do that when the question is specifically asked on the form he filled out?

Why did Adam Schiff lie about it when asked?

Does honesty mean anything anymore?

It matters zero if he/she is a documented liar.

Nov 19, 2019, 9:47 AM

Absolutely zero.

Even if the report he turned in contained a falsehood...

Nov 19, 2019, 10:20 AM

which suggest he may have been guided by Adam Schiff? Is there no law about filing false accusations on government forms?

That would be of personal consequence to the individual

Nov 19, 2019, 11:02 AM

but would have zero relevance to the impeachment.

I don't understand how you (and others) don't understand that we have a call transcript. We have it. I've read it. You've read it. Who cares about the whistleblower? It just makes no sense whatsoever.

Re: He who shall not be named

Nov 19, 2019, 12:09 PM

The name of the whistleblower doesn't matter at this point. The evidence that trump did impeachable things is pretty overwhelming. Plus, the main reason not to share the whistleblowers name, besides it being illegal.... is that it's a chilling effect on having other people come forward and report malfeasance.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic