Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pollen: Nature's curse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Pollen: Nature's curse

Mar 4, 2019, 9:59 AM

When I was younger, I could have snorted that stuff and it wouldn't have bothered me. It seems every year older I get, the worse it is on me. It blew my head up so bad last weekend I had to go to the doctor on Monday. I can barely breathe today.

Last night it rained for about 4 hours, and I thought it might wash some of that ish away. I just went to the store and there's more pollen on my truck now than there was yesterday. Is this some result of global climate change warming? WTH? Is it this bad in the upstate?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may need to quit ramming your truck into pine trees.

Mar 4, 2019, 10:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know exactly what you mean.

Mar 4, 2019, 10:10 AM

I GET OLDER EVERY YEAR TOO!!!!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pollen has always gotten to me pretty badly

Mar 4, 2019, 10:16 AM

since I can ever remember as a child. My one malady in life, been totally healthy otherwise, so I deal with it as gracefully as possible. Burning eyes, dizzy, stopped up head, the whole deal. Now and during the fall (mold spores, ragweed). It's really not any different than it was 30 years ago. Except there is medicine now. I have fortunately found that the Cetrizine tablets work like a charm for me (Zyrtec). Lifesaver. So I eat those like candy this time of year to remain functional. Tried Claritin at one time, but those never did crap for me. Don't pay the $20 for 6 tablets or whatever for Zyrtec - the Walmart generic brand, 14 tablets for $0.88. Same exact thing.

Upstate not as bad as lower state (I think the pine tree population is the difference). I know a guy who moved to Clemson area from up North. After 2 years he had to move back because the pollen was literally killing him, his allergies were so bad. I told him don't ever visit the Lowcountry.

organic apple cider vinegar***

Mar 4, 2019, 1:34 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Flonase

Mar 4, 2019, 9:22 PM

Do it now. Do it.

Generic flonase at costco is $15 for a 5pack.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Got it.

Mar 4, 2019, 9:35 PM

Didn't know about the Costco 5 pack until today and spent $16 on ONE at CVS the other day. It helps, but my ears are still ringing from the pressure/inflamation. Doc also prescribed sudafed. Seems to work some, but not great. Going to an ENT doc tomorrow. Can't take it any more.

Flonase, as with most allergy type medication

Mar 4, 2019, 10:39 PM

has to be used regularly over time to get the best results.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

I decided to give it a try. I'm on day 4.

Mar 5, 2019, 11:19 AM

Fell a helluvalot better.

I paid about $20 at CVS with a coupon (it may have more doses than the $16 pack). Will try Costco, tho...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I don't have a costco membership

Mar 5, 2019, 11:31 AM

But if I will be using that much flonase, by itself that pays for the membership cost.

$291 later, I was told I'm losing my hearing and I have

Mar 5, 2019, 11:14 AM

seasonal allergies.

Take some claritin, keep using flonase, and here's a scri pt for some prednisone.

Thanks, doc.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic