Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
York, and others... Why do you think Stoudt gives us the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

York, and others... Why do you think Stoudt gives us the

Sep 15, 2014, 12:23 PM

best chance to beat FSU? I'm not suggesting that the coaches don't know best, nor am I suggesting that I would not do the same.

I just want to know, based off of 2 games, why you would put the ball in Cole's hands instead of Watson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought it was pretty clear...because the coaches believe so***

Sep 15, 2014, 12:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

That's obvious. I said other than that.

Sep 15, 2014, 12:25 PM

We don't get to see practice, etc.

Re: That's obvious. I said other than that.

Sep 15, 2014, 12:44 PM

We talking 'bout practice man.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are quite a few reasons

Sep 15, 2014, 12:25 PM

1. More experience.
1a. Referring to experience isn't the same thing as saying "because he's a senior." Stoudt actually has good experience, and I think that's why the coaches believe he can be winner in Tally. He's simply the most ready to play at this point.

2. Looked pretty good in the first half against UGa, which was probably a more hostile environment than Tally.

3. Knows more of the offense.

4. It's not like Watson isn't going to play. And if Watson comes in hot while Stoudt doesn't look good, we can always go with the hot hand.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#5. ####, Will Proctor did it! ****

Sep 15, 2014, 12:45 PM

slow down hoss....

Sep 15, 2014, 12:26 PM

I didn't say that's what I would do. I have said I trust what Dabo and Chad have seen everyday... not what I've seen in one half vs. UGA.

I have also pointed out that no one on our staff has said that CS is starting b/c he's a senior. That's a tnet myth.

I never said I personally thought CS was the guy I'd give the ball too... only that I choose to trust in what those guys are doing.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Watson's running threat with our OL is really the main

Sep 15, 2014, 1:16 PM

Reason I'd be tempted to start him. Also his arm strength.

I just don't feel good about Stoudt being able to pick up a 3rd and 6 while Watson could "Connor shaw" it.

If we had SCAR OL I would feel better about either QB.

Watson has a very strong arm... but FSU's DBs

Sep 15, 2014, 1:17 PM

will make him pay for any mistakes...

that's a big deal

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Why should Stoudt be QB?

Sep 15, 2014, 1:53 PM

It's so simple!!
1. He's a senior! I mean, he could have transferred if he wanted to..then where would we be?
2. He's pretty tall and has good hair
3. He was in a cool YouTube video
4. His dad played in the NFL
5. His brother played college ball(although now a bartender in downtown G-Ville)
6. He has tons of experience( see 2 SC State and 1 GA game)
7. He knows the WHOLE play book
8. I shrunk myself down and jumped inside the brains of both Cole and Deshaun during GA game and Cole just knows everything better..reads, blitzes, check downs, pretty girls in the stands..you name it

cause he wears the cool bandana like Axel Rose***

Sep 15, 2014, 12:27 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: York, and others... Why do you think Stoudt gives us the

Sep 15, 2014, 12:32 PM

Less likely to risk a throw which could be intercepted. I believe that is what the coaches think

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: York, and others... Why do you think Stoudt gives us the

Sep 15, 2014, 12:48 PM

We are not going to beat FSU unless we throw the ball down the field. Watson in my opinion gives us the better option for that. Also Watson can run the read option and is a threat running the ball. They don't believe Stoudt will run the ball and probably won't too much. I say play both guys the first 4 series. Give Cole 2 then Watson 2. Whoever produces the most points and looks the best go with them until it stops working.

I will engage in some "constructive criticism" about our

Sep 15, 2014, 12:35 PM

strategy, tactics, and recruiing now and again. However, none of us know where Watson is with regard his readiness to take over this offense.

Please keep this in mind. The plays you have seen him in against UGA were all scripted and practiced to get him comfortable. Only the coaches know his readiness.

Re: I will engage in some "constructive criticism" about our

Sep 15, 2014, 12:43 PM

That may be true, but how do we know he can only run a couple of scripted plays? He's been running this type of offense for the past 4 years. I just have a hard time believing that he doesn't know much about running this offense.

Re: I will engage in some "constructive criticism" about our

Sep 15, 2014, 12:46 PM

You attributed a lot to me in your post that I didn't say.

He's been running the spread offense since HS, not using

Sep 15, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I will engage in some "constructive criticism" about our ]

Clemson's (or any other college's) playbook. Huge difference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm assuming the reasons he's starting are the same

Sep 15, 2014, 12:48 PM

reasons he gives us the best chance to win as the starter Saturday:

He has been using this playbook for 4 years. He knows the entire playbook. He reads defensive formations better than Watson. He reads blitzes better than Watson. He goes through WR progressions better than Watson. He calls audibles better than Watson. He's started a game on the road in front of a hostile crowd.

Re: I'm assuming the reasons he's starting are the same

Sep 15, 2014, 12:52 PM

Hold up right there. Please tell me how you know he reads blitzes better. When Georgia blitzed he ended up on his ### 75 percent of the time. I recall Watson getting blitzed and burning them with a great throw or running out of it for positive yards. He did get sacked once but anybody would on that play. I don't think Cole is playing bad,I just think Watson has better tools to cover up some of our OL issues. Yeah he progresses past wide open receivers to throw a check down that loses yards.

Because he's a freshman. I remember Watson

Sep 15, 2014, 12:55 PM

having a 3-and-out drive in the second half against UGA same as Stoudt. And escaping from the pocket on a blitz is not the same as reading a blitz...

Re: Because he's a freshman. I remember Watson

Sep 15, 2014, 1:05 PM

If you re read what I posted I said he has better tools to run this offense and get out of trouble when needed. Also he can find the wide open guy Stoudt can't. After his pick he was scared to throw it anywhere past the line of scrimmage. I would take Watson running 10 plays over and over instead of Stoudt using the whole play book and looking lost. Just my opinion,but I will support whoever is in the game. :)

Re: Because he's a freshman. I remember Watson

Sep 15, 2014, 1:07 PM

Same here. All aboard the train of whoever is in the game, but pretty much done with talking about the QB issue with folks who deny that Watson brings a different skillset.

DWat still having trouble calling the right protections ..

Sep 15, 2014, 12:57 PM

according to the coaches, not me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DWat still having trouble calling the right protections ..

Sep 15, 2014, 1:57 PM

link?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He could have transferred, that means he's good.

Sep 15, 2014, 1:54 PM

AMIRIGHT?

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic