Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know everyone likes making fun of Clowney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I know everyone likes making fun of Clowney

Sep 9, 2013, 2:24 PM

but how is this season any different than last year? He finished last year with 54 tackles and 13 sacks in 13 games. That's 4 tackles and 1 sack a game. Is he really playing any different this year than last year? Last year he wasn't that great against the run when you ran right at him no different this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trying to live up to the hype that ESPN poured on him in

Sep 9, 2013, 2:28 PM

the off season and it's impossible to do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, All he needs is that one unblocked play and for ESecPiN

Sep 9, 2013, 2:28 PM

to replay it ad-nauseam to make him look like a superstar.

Re: I know everyone likes making fun of Clowney

Sep 9, 2013, 2:52 PM

Well last year he didnt have "The Freak" show and he brought it on himself by saying ppl were scared of him...I have never seen a player that really has not done anything besides knock a defensless 150 lb RB's helmet off been so hyped up by ESecPn to be shut down...

Perhaps CLOWNEY can take over for Kiffin at midseason !

Sep 9, 2013, 2:55 PM

Besides, did you see the hit ?!

Re: Perhaps CLOWNEY can take over for Kiffin at midseason !

Sep 9, 2013, 3:00 PM

HAHAHA yea prob the most amazing thing i have ever seen on a football field period LOL I heard it was ESPY worthy or something...I mean its really a little ridic in all seriousness...kid was a sitting duck and Clowney came through completely untouched lol...but it was the play of the world...and he's unstoppable...another thing am i missing something bc i keep seeing excuses about him having three ppl on him every snap, am i missing something or watching diff games bc i honestly dont think he is even being double team half the time...

Clowney is pitiful...he was tryin to catch the back end

Sep 9, 2013, 2:54 PM

of each play...when wasn't gasping for air...

Re: Clowney is pitiful...he was tryin to catch the back end

Sep 9, 2013, 3:05 PM

yep, he's pitiful alright... next yr. he will make more money BEFORE taking the field as a pro than you will in multiple lifetimes

I know a lot of people that make tons of money that are

Sep 9, 2013, 3:07 PM

still pretty pitiful

have you seen hollywood, the nba, washington dc and so on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ouch ^^^^^^^^^^^ Nerve touched, they're coming out of hiding***

Sep 9, 2013, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Clowney is pitiful...he was tryin to catch the back end ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a Clemson alum, he won't even finish college

Sep 9, 2013, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Clowney is pitiful...he was tryin to catch the back end ]

How about that?

And in all likelihood it will all be spent by his retirement***

Sep 9, 2013, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Clowney is pitiful...he was tryin to catch the back end ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know everyone likes making fun of Clowney

Sep 9, 2013, 3:08 PM

Maybe, just maybe, Carolina is seeing what we saw a couple of years ago. They've had a couple of very average recruiting classes aside from the superstars.

They could have a talent issue on defense. Two years ago, they had Antonio Allen, DJ Swearinger, Gilmore and Holloman in that secondary - all of whom now play in the NFL.

Vic Hampton is pretty good, but they aren't anywhere nearly as talented at other positions have been in the past. It's hard to get sacks when guys are getting open immediately.

No defending Clowney at all - I just don't think SCAR has the defense overall they've had the past two years...Ellis Johnson's developed talent is gone.

Let me get out my tiny violin for them

Sep 9, 2013, 3:17 PM

Or I could just laugh and note that things are trending downward for their program after its unprecedented "golden age", in which they achieved nothing nationally.

They're still that school in that big football conference that doesn't belong with the big boys.

He will never be able to live up the hype that was created

Sep 9, 2013, 3:13 PM

for him by E$ecPN

Two words:

Sep 9, 2013, 3:23 PM

Kelcey Quarles.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not about what he has done, it's more about what he's

Sep 9, 2013, 4:07 PM

not doing "PLAYING"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, The Sack was right about this. He said, last year

Sep 9, 2013, 4:38 PM

the media only watched and showed his good plays...now the camera is on him all of the time. People can see what he's really doing (and not doing).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This year they hyped the hell out of him on ESPN all

Sep 9, 2013, 4:40 PM

off-season. They even ran a clip of him in practice turning over a 1-man sled (something any High School OL can do easily) over and over again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic