Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dieting is hard. They don't make it easy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Dieting is hard. They don't make it easy.

Jan 22, 2020, 12:12 PM

As a traveler of the state, it is necessary to find a good fast food salad that meets the requirements of my diet. Wendy's used to have a BLT Cobb salad that was literally perfect. No more.

So this time around I scanned and found acceptable salads at McDonald's and Burger King. Panera too. Wendy's is out as their salads all are not acceptable. ANYWAY...

Went to the nearby McDonalds the other day and ordered their Grilled Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad. Was told "We ain't got no salads". Fine. Go literally across the street to the Burger King. Ordered their Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad. They said "We ain't got no chicken".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get one from QT***

Jan 22, 2020, 12:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No QT around. Although they're building one in Lexington.

Jan 22, 2020, 12:16 PM

Might check and see if it's opened yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least you are getting paid to go to

Jan 22, 2020, 12:18 PM

hellholes with no QT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my early traveling troubador days I sang a

Jan 22, 2020, 12:16 PM

redneck version of "Satisfaction"

...we ain't got no...nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh....satisfaction.

Lulz.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zaxbys salads pretty good, for Zaxbys.***

Jan 22, 2020, 12:19 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, check out the nutrition on those.

Jan 22, 2020, 12:23 PM

May was well have a meat lovers pan pizza.

Exactly. Salads are often 1000+ calories and high in

Jan 22, 2020, 12:43 PM

saturated fats. Usually the worst option on a menu.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even "grilled" options are cooked in tons of butter and

Jan 22, 2020, 12:55 PM

the salads have tons co cheese on them. One may get some fiber or something out of the deal but not really healthy,

You know you can order with no meat....

Jan 22, 2020, 2:49 PM

and just eat half. I do this quite often. I count calories daily with Samsung health app.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That doesn't sound like something I'd do.***

Jan 22, 2020, 3:26 PM

Re: Dieting is hard. They don't make it easy.

Jan 22, 2020, 12:22 PM

I cant stay away from airport burgers. They get me every time. And typically a burger means and beer and a beer means more beer and that means shots and then I am hammered getting on the plane.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL at male dieting

Jan 22, 2020, 12:24 PM

#### I'm actually eating a vegan lunch right now.

Yo

Jan 22, 2020, 12:32 PM

a bag of dicks isn't vegan

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here ya go

Jan 22, 2020, 12:46 PM
Snap7.png(44.6 K)

FML, that is my kind of meal. Gotta throw in some cumin

Jan 22, 2020, 1:14 PM

though. How many servings for this amount of food? I may do this tonight for Thursday and Friday.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1***

Jan 22, 2020, 2:53 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not real sure, looks to be about 4.5 lbs of food

Jan 22, 2020, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Here ya go ]

so 8-10 servings?

We usually have it with a baked potato.

In this age of computerized inventory and rapid shipping

Jan 22, 2020, 12:25 PM

There is no excuse for a chain restaurant to be out of a menu item.

The McDonalds in Duncan used to run out of Sprite regularly. They probably still do but I quit going.

Hit Publix - their deli makes pretty good salads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

And why is the shake machine always broke?

Jan 22, 2020, 12:52 PM

at EVERY Mcdonalds?

Takes too #### long to clean.

Jan 22, 2020, 12:56 PM

Must not be that much profit in the items or else the franchisees wouldn't stand for it.

Subway...

Jan 22, 2020, 12:29 PM

not great, not horrible. But they will make it the way you want it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except for the one at The Canadays Crossroads exit on I-95

Jan 22, 2020, 12:34 PM

I think they thought I was a faggut when I ordered one. They asked me what I wanted on it, so I named off the sides... Then she says, "what about lettuce???" Lol, I thought that was understood.

The salad was grody. I took two bites and chunked it in the trash.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Ahh...good old Tommy's Truck Stop (RIP)

Jan 22, 2020, 2:29 PM

Now called Circle C or something. Been stopping at that gas station for almost 40 years now when I go hunting. Place is a dump now. Was at one time a hoping place in the 80's. PACKED with big rigs off 95. See, back in the 80's there was a prostitution ring that operated there. In the back near the drink coolers is a desk and a base station CB radio. Used to be a nasty chainsmoking redneck woman who manned that desk and CB every time I went there. She was calling truckers in off 95 for a little "fun", and a "good time". Think she was the pimp of the operation.

They got busted once, like around 1990. But that little desk sat there for a decade or more afterwards even though I never saw the trashy woman or anyone on the CB. I think they finally removed the desk and CB radio, not sure.

And there used to be an Emu at the Penny Pincher at Cannadays Crossroads. You could go buy some crackers and feed it. Was in a fenced in area. Was cool to stop there as a kid. Someone eventually shot the bird though.

Then you had Ben's Super Store. Can't remember if that was at the Cannady's Crossroads or at Round O. Used to stop in and see old Ben. Place closed and they had a sign in the door that said "Closed for Remodeling". As a kid I kept asking dad when they'd reopen, and I saw no remodeling going on.
lol. That sign sat there for 12-20 years until the roof eventually fell in. I think the shell of the place is still there on the side of the road.

Pro Tip: Buy a cooler and fix your lunch.***

Jan 22, 2020, 12:33 PM

I don’t know that traveling around drinking a beer lunch is safe***

Jan 22, 2020, 12:36 PM

UDP alert***

Jan 22, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Pro Tip: Buy a cooler and fix your lunch.*** ]

If THIS is what tipped out off, you haven't been reading

Jan 22, 2020, 1:15 PM

anything I type.

Only do that when I go to the movies

Jan 22, 2020, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Pro Tip: Buy a cooler and fix your lunch.*** ]

Wife has a special insulated pocketbook for drinks and snacks for the kids.

Salads are usually higher calorie and less healthy than

Jan 22, 2020, 12:42 PM

other options. Dieting without exercise is difficult, dieting with exercise is much easier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't really need to have food or exercise if you have

Jan 22, 2020, 1:48 PM

meth.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alternatively

Jan 22, 2020, 2:40 PM

TAPEWORMS

I know a tapeworm dealer in Gastonia, if you're interested.***

Jan 22, 2020, 2:56 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even the tiniest of towns

Jan 22, 2020, 12:42 PM

has a Pig, or IGA, or Dollar General....

Yeah you should give up on dieting. Alternative idear:

Jan 22, 2020, 1:28 PM

Have you tried shakeweight? You can take it anywhere and don't have to go to the gym.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic