Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AAF / XFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 451

AAF / XFL

Feb 11, 2019, 9:31 AM

I didn't watch any of the AAF games this weekend but I Did see some highlights of the nasty hits. Do you think the XFL fails now? I don't see how two pro-amateur leagues can co-exist. not enough talent. Or maybe more players stay in america and the CFL starts falling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope both can make it. They can if the people in

Feb 11, 2019, 9:34 AM

charge are smart enough to have planned for growing pains.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

XFL has one big advantage

Feb 11, 2019, 9:40 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEcZZw7LJs0

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

from my experience, TV football on crappy winter

Feb 11, 2019, 9:44 AM

weekends does OK. Combined with the most craptastic of all Super Bowls the week before, this was the dream scenario for this AAF league.

Not sure the interest will be nearly as much on a beautiful weekend in April. I remember the USFL/XFL playing in the summertime - nobody sits inside to watch football on nice warm days/nights.

But I think the effort is there from CBS and the NFL to support this new league as maybe a minor league feeder system for the overlooked and forgotten. I have to say I was intrigued, as what I watched Sat night held my interest. Some pretty decent players on the field. And if the NFL stays on its path towards complete wussification, alternatives may stick around.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watching the games, it confirmed what I previously thought

Feb 11, 2019, 9:49 AM

There are only 20-25 decent QBs in the US. The defenses looked decent, but a lot of the offense was offensive and trash. The QBs flat out stunk. There is not enough OB talent to run the AAF and the XFL, UNLESS teams start using the wishbone

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had the game on while we were jamming out Saturday night

Feb 11, 2019, 10:08 AM

so I saw moments, but didn't watch as a complete game. I'm hoping that one of the new leagues can survive though, because having the option to watch football is fantastic. I can't say that I saw enough to comment on the QB talent, but it would be nifty to see some different offenses being run like option formations. That's one of the things that makes college ball INFINITELY better than the stale NFL game. I will say that Spurrier's team didn't look like they were having much trouble throwing the ball from what I could tell.

Also, Spurrier is still Spurrier. I'm glad he's back coaching because I'd almost forgotten how much I desire to throat punch him in his stupid face. It was nice to get that old feeling back.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don;t get too attached to him. He'll just quit again

Feb 11, 2019, 10:09 AM

like he did at Washington, U5C, and Florida.

ahem, UofSC***

Feb 11, 2019, 10:14 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll always be U5C to me.

Feb 11, 2019, 10:26 AM

Until they are U6C.

My buddy that plays lead guitar in our band is a from a big

Feb 11, 2019, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Don;t get too attached to him. He'll just quit again ]

coot fan family and he sneered at Spurrier every time he came on the screen, LOL. Most of the folks I know around Rock Hill has lost whatever love they have for the man. Especially since he quit them and then comes back to coach again.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of #### fans still love the guy for some reason.

Feb 11, 2019, 10:25 AM

I don't get it. What he did to them is public skullfuckery.

Quit, mid-season, and left them with a bare cupboard, probably about where they were when he started.

Got rehired (for six figures) to do the same stuff he said he hated doing when he was working for them before (almost recruiting, but not).

Quit AGAIN to run back to Florida the second that have the same job open for him.

Maybe they should.***

Feb 11, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Watching the games, it confirmed what I previously thought ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watched 2 games. Spurrier's Orlando team actually

Feb 11, 2019, 10:05 AM

looked decent.

The Birmingham/Memphis game yesterday was absolute hot garbage though. If I remove every bit of bias in my body, I still say Clemson would have beaten the Memphis AAF team by 10 or more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the excuse I heard was the teams only had 1month of practice

Feb 11, 2019, 10:35 AM

and hard for Offensive lines to develop any chemistry during that time, which is why the offenses stunk for the most part. Which I semi-acknowledge as an issue.

Well, that explains the offensive line, but it seems like

Feb 11, 2019, 10:47 AM

not dropping passes nor fumbling the ball would be innate qualities for a decent RB/WR.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 451
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic