Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow! I just watched the condensed game on YouTube
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,082

Wow! I just watched the condensed game on YouTube

Oct 26, 2020, 11:44 PM

because I missed the game on TV Saturday. Jackson Carman absolutely bludgeoned dudes on most plays or easily controlled them in pass pro!! On a screen in the 2nd half he casually ran downfield one arm blocking the DL easily. On one of Travis 2nd half TDs he steps in the hole then sticks his leg back like you would to hold a door open and holds the hole open for Travis. I urge all of you officianodos of OL play to rewatch the game and focus on him. I have no idea what the idiots at PFF look at when grading players but they whiffed on his performance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grades are about making the correct block

Oct 26, 2020, 11:47 PM

If your job was to block the DE, but you pancake the DT it will still lower your score. So unless you know you the exact play that is called and the blocking scheme for that play, you cannot give him a correct score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I light the “hold the door open” with your foot out comment!

Oct 26, 2020, 11:50 PM

Never have seen that block. LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I light the “hold the door open” with your foot out comment!

Oct 26, 2020, 11:55 PM

It was on the TD that made it 40-21. It is at the 17:58 mark of the condensed game video. I ran it back about 3 times. It wasn’t really tripping he just made his legs wide and opened the door. It was hilarious. I bet Coach Caldwell runs that back a few times in group video review.

Re: Grades are about making the correct block

Oct 26, 2020, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Grades are about making the correct block ]

Yeah I know how to grade players. PFF doesn’t know who his assignment is. Our TEs are working the kick out block with Carman caving or going to the 2nd level nicely. Now maybe the condensed version had a favorable selection of plays for him but all I saw was Welcome Back Jackson!

Yeah, I'm am curious how they come up with the grades

Oct 26, 2020, 11:56 PM

but every single OLineman has been taught that even if you miss your man, go flatten somebody else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I noticed on the TD pass to Allen that Carman did not have

Oct 27, 2020, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Grades are about making the correct block ]

anyone to block, and he tripped up, fell backwards and almost sacked TL.

Re: I noticed on the TD pass to Allen that Carman did not have

Oct 27, 2020, 7:29 AM

Yep saw that too. His lone “mistake” on the condensed game led to a TD. He noticed there was nobody to block so he gave Trevor an even bigger throwing lane by making himself small. That’s next level reaction right there.

That would have made the all time blooper reel....***

Oct 27, 2020, 7:44 AM

Re: Wow! I just watched the condensed game on YouTube

Oct 27, 2020, 12:58 AM

Jackson has to stop the holding penalties. Seriously.

He needs to go the rest of the entire season without another one.

Hmm, if I had watched the condensed game only, what I

Oct 27, 2020, 8:03 AM

would have gotten out of it is that the zebras seem to be really keyed in on Carman. They are calling penalties on him for breathing, seems like.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,082
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic