Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wouldn't it be great if we beat FSU, FSU beats FL, then
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,006

Wouldn't it be great if we beat FSU, FSU beats FL, then

Oct 21, 2015, 12:01 AM

FL wins the SEC. At the same time, ND wins out, beatng Stanford, and then Stanford wins the PAC12. Even better, 2 loss Michigan wins the Big 10 and no one comes out of the Big 12 undefeated. Clemson and FSU or ND end up in the playoff! Not likely, but stranger things have happened

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ALL I HEAR IS FLOUNDER'S VOICE

Oct 21, 2015, 12:03 AM

from that movie .....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You guys playing cards?

Oct 21, 2015, 12:33 AM

nm

You mind if we dance wiff yo dates?

Oct 21, 2015, 12:38 AM

???

null

Re: You mind if we dance wiff yo dates?

Oct 21, 2015, 9:18 PM

Cause I want you to know...... Yea!.....said I want you to know

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Otis, my main man!***

Oct 21, 2015, 9:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet you something crazy is going to happen in the last 4

Oct 21, 2015, 12:04 AM

weeks of the year to produce a result just like you mentioned. It may not be from the ACC, but I bet it'll be unpredictable.

This might be the year that fans demand an 8-team playoff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, if the SEC gets left out, we won't be far from 8 teams

Oct 21, 2015, 12:10 AM

I don't care what kind of contract there is. The sad thing is, if Clemson finishes 13-0 & gets left out of the playoff, no one would care but us Clemson fans. But if a one loss, or even two loss SEC champ gets left out, all #### will break loose. The SEC Espin coalition will make damm sure that never happens again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THERE is just NO WAY an undefeated acc team gets

Oct 21, 2015, 12:21 AM

left out

THE WORSE thing in the world is having 3 undefeated teams at years end again and NOT playing for the Champ. ( the way it happened 1 yr with auburn)

NOT GONNA HAPPEN

null

As it stands now, every conference could have an undefeated

Oct 21, 2015, 12:33 AM

champ. Plus, if Bama goes 12-1, they WILL be in the playoff. I don't like our odds if the Big10, Big12, PAC12 champs & us, all finish undefeated. I know I'm pulling for Michigan, ND to beat Stanford, then Stanford to win the PAC12.

5 undefeated conf is VERY UNLIKELY - albeit possible

Oct 21, 2015, 12:40 AM

however highly unlikely

I expect the utes will lose to Stanford in champ game

giving pac 12 a 1 loss winner

I actually think that Stanford will lose to ND - then WIN the pac - 12 with 2 losses ... ... ...

what will those ####### do then ???

NO pac-12 in playoff

null

I am pretty confident Stanford will win the PAC12, but not

Oct 21, 2015, 12:44 AM

as confident that ND will beat Stanford. Actually, I would like to see Stanford in the playoff, if it didn't hurt our chances.

I am really interested is seeing the pac 12 playout

Oct 21, 2015, 12:52 AM

if you watched Stanford play ucla -- they basically just road graded them into he77. did what they wanted

lots of plays not even any WR spread out - just a wall

Seeing them play ND will tell a lot.

even so either way --- I can see stanford beating the undefeated utes in the pac 12 champ game and thus being pac 12 champs with 1 loss from Northwestern early in the season (head scratcher)

what does the playoff comm do with 1 loss pac 12 team?

null

further - yeah like you said - what does the comm do

Oct 21, 2015, 12:54 AM [ in reply to I am pretty confident Stanford will win the PAC12, but not ]

with a 1 loss ND team --- that loss to Clemson ... .... ...

???

???

null

if ND makes playoffs and we are undefeated, we make playooff

Oct 21, 2015, 2:06 AM

too.

That said, I don't want to play the same team twice in a year. Beating a team twice in a year puts odds against you.

ESPiN can do nothing more than what it does now.

Oct 21, 2015, 6:33 AM [ in reply to Well, if the SEC gets left out, we won't be far from 8 teams ]

They've declared on loss Alabama the best team in the country after just half a season with a baker's dozen undefeated still chugging along.

They claim it's the 'eye test.' That means no even their own metric, the FPI, supports their assertions. Football fans are sheeple. If you tell the majority what they want to hear they will believe everything else you say.

I've watched Bama play, I think Old Miss is a better team. I've seen that with my own two eyes. When giving opinions a scoreboard's dominates the conversation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the SEC gets left out ONCE, we will have 8 teams the next

Oct 21, 2015, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Well, if the SEC gets left out, we won't be far from 8 teams ]

year. So, I hope it happens this year. To me, 8 is always the number that made sense. But, for even that to work right, you would have to go with something nonhuman such as the overall power rankings to keep the bias out of the at large selections.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Undefeated conference champions won't get left out...

Oct 21, 2015, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Well, if the SEC gets left out, we won't be far from 8 teams ]

Based solely that we would have played an extra game. I think an undefeated team in a conference that doesn't play a championship game would get left out no matter how impressive. (If all 5 are undefeated)

I agree with what you are saying about the SEC being left out, and hope they have a team that makes it.

ONLY because their argument would be that 'had an SEC team been included, they would have won.'

I hope the best SEC team makes it and looses the first round.

I would like for us to pull the SEC team as well so we can say we beat them... otherwise, we don't have an SEC team on our schedule.

Crazy is what I recall toward the end of the '81 season, as

Oct 21, 2015, 5:40 AM [ in reply to I bet you something crazy is going to happen in the last 4 ]

teams ranked ahead of us were knocked off, thus landing us in the #1 ranking...and we know how that season ended.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody wants a playoff with more seeds.

Oct 21, 2015, 6:26 AM [ in reply to I bet you something crazy is going to happen in the last 4 ]

The more seeds the better chance of one's team making the cut.

Even the 'conference,' fans want an expanded playoff. Even they know that their team's chances increase as the playoff grows.

It's the conference commissioners who want to keep this a four seed thing. That rewards 1/6th of the money to each participants' conference and 1/6th to the conferences which advance.

The SEC/ESPiN union actually expected to get two teams in the playoff. That would give the SEC a shot at getting a total of 2/3rd of the playoff money.

Last year more than one of the ESPiN used car salesmen had three SEC teams in their projections, one guy just dropped the act and put four in the projections at one point during the regular season.

Do the math and tell me what you think. Please keep in mind that a participating team's reward is fixed for each game. As the number of teams are added the overhead for each appearance increases. This is nothing more than economics to everyone except TV audiences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Four more playoff games would bring in much more money than

Oct 21, 2015, 7:59 PM

incurred in additional expenses. I don't care how the 3 at large team are selected, just don't allow more than one at large per conference. Absolutely do not allow more than two teams in per conference. Keep as much of the subjectivity out of play as possible. With the current setup, 100% of the teams are selected by a subjective committee. With 8 teams & the 5 conference winners guaranteed a spot, only 37.5% of the selections are subjective. That is a vast improvement.

One other thing...except for the expense money going to the participating schools, the rest of the pot should be divided equally among the five conferences.

In reality, this is the playoffs every week...

Oct 21, 2015, 9:14 PM

Some have already played themselves out of contention. More will too. Every week, fewer and fewer remain in contention.

If we have more than 2 undefeated teams from the major 5 conferences at the end of the year, you better buy a lotto ticket because luck surely is in the air!

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,006
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic