Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Worst half of Tiger bkball ever?...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Worst half of Tiger bkball ever?...

Feb 2, 2016, 8:57 PM

20 points in 20 minutes against a pathetic WF team...absolutely horrendous...please no more talk of NCAAT this year...we're not even close

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember scoring 7 points in a half vs WF

Feb 2, 2016, 8:58 PM

I believe it was in the ACC Tourney.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remember scoring 7 points in a half vs WF

Feb 2, 2016, 9:03 PM

Wake scored like 43 points that first half .... around 1998 or 1999.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Worst half of Tiger bkball ever?...

Feb 2, 2016, 8:59 PM

That was the worst half I have ever seen us play and that's saying a lot

I remember a 12 or 14 point half vs Wake (Duncan) at home***

Feb 2, 2016, 9:00 PM

Re: I remember a 12 or 14 point half vs Wake (Duncan) at home***

Feb 3, 2016, 7:00 AM

I was gonna say that. I watched that game when I was a kid on a Saturday. That was my favorite Clemson team with McIntyre, Buckner, Jameson, Wideman, and a few more I can't remember. I had a McIntyre jersey.

In that game, wake only scored like 16 or so in that same first half. Then with Duncan, they pulled away in the second. Great game.

I went to the game you're speaking of..

Feb 3, 2016, 7:21 AM

(Camped out with about 500-1000 other students) We lost that game by 3 pts. Great game!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nope... that was the next year***

Feb 3, 2016, 3:31 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We won that game too***

Feb 3, 2016, 3:30 PM [ in reply to I remember a 12 or 14 point half vs Wake (Duncan) at home*** ]

Re: I don't know. I have seen my share of sorry

Feb 2, 2016, 9:02 PM

basketball from Clemson. I would not know where to start.

Glad to see you back after all the wins. BTW

Feb 3, 2016, 11:59 PM

the game has TWO halves. Great victory Tigers.

Re: Glad to see you back after all the wins. BTW

Feb 4, 2016, 7:59 AM

Brownell is doing a great job and is adjusting as he learns the reality of the position at CU. Except at the nations top 20 or so programs, this takes time. He is a decent recruiter but maybe not one of the top 50. He is a Top 25 coach as far as the rest of his skills. In the ACC the margin of error is so small that you almost have to be perfect. With the injuries and staff losses Brownell has almost been perfect to have this team playing better than all but 1 or 2 ACC teams in January. And if he keeps Bgame he's looking at being the best team in the ACC next year. We all know the advantages that Dook and UNC maintain in the ACC and with National media and Brownell will overcome them with a little bit of average luck. He's even doing it without cheating like Louisville and Syracuse, not to mention UNC which has obviously been deceiving the NCAA for decades. That second half of basketball at Wake Forest was beyond excellent. And that level of play was reaching levels that the football program has.

Feb 2, 2016, 9:26 PM

You must be new to this. There is so much more suffering in store for you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2016, 3:52 AM

Disappointing second half for a few of these guys.

Feb 3, 2016, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Worst half of Tiger bkball ever?... ]

lol you magically disappeared in the second half.

Poor viztiz.

null

Tell em coot***

Feb 3, 2016, 8:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell em coot***

Feb 3, 2016, 8:26 AM

Poor poor viztiz Sorry Clemson won again last night.

Want to tell us how all the bracketology people are wrong again and we dont have a shot?

null

Feb 3, 2016, 8:27 AM

Feb 3, 2016, 8:37 AM

Yep I am a coot...

I would say the coot is the one that only shows up when the Tigers are losing and disappears when they win!

null

Feb 3, 2016, 8:41 AM

Let me guess - mommy and daddy bought that for you.

I'm confused as to your point of that statement

Feb 3, 2016, 2:49 PM

Please explain the point you are trying to make.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Feb 3, 2016, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell em coot*** ]

Actually they did buy my ring.... Its almost like they wanted to give me a gift as a congrats for graduating from college....

I know shocking!

null

Feb 3, 2016, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Tell em coot*** ]

God I wish this site had real mods and we could make an IP banning bet on whether we make the tournament.

Feb 3, 2016, 8:37 AM

So sad.

null

Feb 3, 2016, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell em coot*** ]

Why would you post at half time and not come back and give the team their props?

You thought we were going to lose and you couldn't wait to come back and say I told you so.

You sound like the baseball crowd last year. If you can't see that the basketball team is playing very well then you don't want to see. Ask 117 I'm behind the coaches all the way all the time unless their names are Larry Shaytt and Tommy West. I gave up on them and thought both were stupid hires the day they signed on.

But if you run and hide because we win!!!!!!! Then just run and hide

Feb 3, 2016, 2:40 PM

never thought I would see the day where my boy armsb would be on my side!!!

And he is correct he 100% stands behind our coaches. He can also back up what I have said about even when I wasnt a fan of our baseball coach I didnt only show up here when we lost or were losing.

null

Feb 3, 2016, 3:12 PM

Who cares when you do or don't show up on tigernet? You are literally out of your mind if you think that reflects in anyway on how you support the programs. I'm sure the players, at any sport, are put at ease when their home crowds suck but they see lots of posts on Tnet when they get home. "They were booing during the game but clemtiger117 said some nice things online so it's all cool." It is a millenial sickness that you think because you do things one way everyone else should do the same and that these stupid things you do actually matter. By your own admission I've been to more Clemson basketball games this year than you but you are delusional enough to think that because you post at an astronomical rate you're somehow a better fan.

Feb 3, 2016, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell em coot*** ]

Find where I said we were gonna lose and your post would make sense.

"There is so much more suffering in store for you."

Feb 3, 2016, 3:10 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18947422

In that statement, if you weren't implying that we were going to lose, and that Brad Brownell is going to make Clemson suffer, please enlighten us with what you were really saying.

But then, you said this (seriously, like two replies ago and you're asking us to find a post? Are you this ####### stupid in real life?): "God I wish this site had real mods and we could make an IP banning bet on whether we make the tournament."

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18949548

In that statement, if you weren't implying that Clemson is going to lose several games to not make the tournament so you could bet 117, then please enlighten us with what you were really saying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "There is so much more suffering in store for you."

Feb 3, 2016, 3:22 PM

The statement, as I explained elsewhere, should make perfect sense to anyone who has followed Clemson for more than a few years. As someone who has put 30+ years into Clemson basketball I could assure him that a 20 point half isn't even any top 25 list of most painful basketball moments. Are you going argue otherwise? That was all I meant. Frankly, I think it means more that I stick with the team no matter what than people who only jump on board when they can convince themselves we're still in the hunt for an NCAA bid.

As for the bet - no I still don't think they will make the tournament. The fact that I recognize that the odds are very much against them doesn't mean I don't want them to do it. But I'm not gonna act like a coot who picks his team to win every time then beat my chest about the 1 in 5 times I might be right. I was at the Pitt game. I'll be back at the Notre Dame game. I'll cheer and support the team whether we lose every game until then and if we're down 20 at the half. But I have no reason to come on here and engage in magical thinking just to placate a pack of jerks who have declared themselves unofficial mods (not counting you in that group though I'm not sure why you've chosen to jump in this fray).

Message was edited by: viztiz®

Must be disappointing for you we've come out and taken the

Feb 2, 2016, 9:32 PM

lead, huh?

If that was our worst half ever, we wouldn't have a chance

Feb 2, 2016, 9:33 PM

to still be in it the 2nd half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2016, 9:34 PM

As bad as that first half was, it wouldn't even rank in the top 20 (or bottom 20) for Clemson basketball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are a clown lol!***

Feb 3, 2016, 4:18 AM

Feb 3, 2016, 7:15 AM

Followed by one of the best ever.
I think it makes itvok to talk tourney?

Perhaps feeding the troll, but a half of a game is exactly that.

Feb 3, 2016, 7:18 AM

To rebound with the best half of the year 20 mins later speaks volumes aboit this team regardless of opponent. The more I see, the more I expect them to earn an NCAA tournament birth.

Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 3, 2016, 7:21 AM

lots of lockjaw on this board this morning.

Feb 3, 2016, 7:27 AM

Yes it is...

@champs8487

has also been very quiet this basketball season I cant imagine why.

null

tell em coot***

Feb 3, 2016, 8:27 AM

Feb 3, 2016, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Worst half of Tiger bkball ever?... ]

xtiger is another one.

null

dude I've always said he was a good coach

Feb 3, 2016, 9:27 AM

just sucks at recruiting.

I'll be ecstatic if we make the tourney.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really dont see how he has been sucking at recruiting.***

Feb 3, 2016, 9:35 AM

It took him a while to get it rolling, but it has picked up

Feb 3, 2016, 3:29 PM [ in reply to dude I've always said he was a good coach ]

and this team is loaded with good ACC players

Re: dude I've always said he was a good coach

Feb 3, 2016, 3:30 PM [ in reply to dude I've always said he was a good coach ]

The past few classes have had some talented players.

null

Feb 3, 2016, 7:29 PM [ in reply to dude I've always said he was a good coach ]

> just sucks at recruiting.
>
> I'll be ecstatic if we make the tourney.

Viztiz won't be though. He's ready to bet that we won't haha pretty sad.

Feb 3, 2016, 8:04 PM

Do you think one's expectations and anticipation, for things completely and utterly beyond one's control, should always be alligned with one's desires? When you post something like that, do you really not think it's quite possible that someone can want one thing but have reached a logical conclusion that it is not likely. It is far more statistically unlikely that Clemson will make the tournament than otherwise. Sorry I'm not willing to join the derp club.

WE SHOULD NOT BE IN THIS POSITION. If Brad Brownell was such a great coach he would find a way to have his teams quit playing up or down to their competition. That is the constant through his six years as coach here. We had another coach who stumbled through a decade here constantly playing to his competition. He would beat FSU and Miami in football and turn around and crap the bed against Wake and Duke. What Brownell's basketball teams have done for six years is exactly the same. The third place team in the ACC should not be worried about the bubble. We should be able to go .500 from here out an still be lock for no worse than 6 seed. But because, once again, his team was not ready to play to start the season we're going to have to play virtually perfect basketball to make it in. I find that maddening and I find it maddening that everyone is so eager to defend it.

However, none of that changes my demeanor when I go to the games. I don't sit on my hands or boo the players. Something that most certainly can not be said for a large contingent of our baseball fans and their behavior the last couple year. Hence, my vehement dislike for clemtiger117 and his complete hypocrisy.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

Feb 3, 2016, 8:41 PM

I find it absolutely impossible to believe that 1) you go to games and 2) don't just sit on hot hands and turn your nose up at anything the team does.

Impossible to believe that when all you do is trash the program online after the games at any possible opportunity. I'm not trying to attack you because that's your right, just saying I don't believe that at all.

Feb 3, 2016, 8:50 PM

sorry you can't divorce your intellect from your fandom. And, I do not write posts trashing the team. Occasionally I write posts defending my opinion of the coach when directly contested by another poster. Otherwise, posting links to RPI information isn't trashing the team.

Feb 3, 2016, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: dude I've always said he was a good coach ]

Also, this has NOTHING to do with playing up/down to competition, and that's a ridiculous assertion.

This is a turnaround. In non-conference, the best teams played were South Carolina and Georgia. And they certainly didn't play "up". They played terrible. But since the Georgia game, the team has beaten every team it should and some more. And it has lost to absolutely no one so far that it really shouldn't have since the UGA game.

Feb 3, 2016, 9:11 PM

2011-12: Clemson Final RPI 150: Losses to 180 Coastal Carolina, 191 South Carolina, 190 Boston College
2012-13: Clemson Final RPI 187: Losses to 267 Coastal Carolina (we were dead last in ACC so hard to play down to anyone)
2013-2014: Clemson Final RPI 65: Losses to 160 Auburn, 117 Wake Forest, 142 Notre Dame
2014-2015: Clemson Final RPI 106: Losses to 206 Winthrop, 154 Gardner Webb, 182 Rutgers, 147 Georgia Tech
2015-2016: Clemson Current RPI 75: Losses to 183 UMass, 220 Minnesota

I'll stand by my assertion.

Feb 3, 2016, 10:54 PM

We're talking about this year.

This team has not been up and down like you try to insinuate. This team played badly in non-conference play, and has since played like a Top 5 ACC team. That's not "playing to competition" because if that were the case, we wouldn't have beaten FSU, or Cuse, or Wake. Don't stand by something so ridiculous like this assertion and the incredibly flawed RPI.

Feb 3, 2016, 11:12 PM

I'm offering facts. Sorry they don't fit your narrative. Six years, three or more losses to sub 100, often sub 150, RPI teams per year. You don't have to like the RPI but it is the metric used by the NCAA to determine participation in the NCAA tournament so our staff better learn to understand it. Five straight years we lose games to teams significantly below us by this measure and effectively eliminate ourselves from contention. That's playing down to your competition. Your contention would be more convincing if this wasn't effectively the pattern every single season - as I demonstrated with facts.

Feb 4, 2016, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: dude I've always said he was a good coach ]

You are wasting your time he only focuses on the negative when it comes to Basketball.

Hell when we went on our winning streak after losing to UNC he held onto the fact that we were still sub 100 in RPI as long as he could. Every time someone would post something positive about our possibility of climbing back into Tournament contention he would chime in with that.

null

Feb 3, 2016, 8:13 AM

Well - if you are old enough to have watched Dean Smith's tarholes come from 10 down in the final 1 minute to win at CLEMSON, then THAT has to be the worst that I can remember. Un-freaking-believable. I think Phil Ford was on that UNC team too. It's been a long time ago.

You must not have seen 2nd half vs. Illinois

Feb 3, 2016, 4:39 PM

...was that like a decade ago? The Illini came back in our house from waaaaay back in about 10 minutes of the most futile hoops I've seen from Clemson.

A slow start with a big finish is FAR more enjoyable.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You must not have seen 2nd half vs. Illinois

Feb 3, 2016, 7:28 PM

That whole game is on YouTube. Brutal to watch.

Same with the Florida State game the year before, right after we beat Duke by 27. Blew a 20 point lead.

Great 2nd half persistence after the 1/2. Dood, we won.***

Feb 4, 2016, 8:03 AM

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic