Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wondering if anyone else has thought this about our home
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,531

Wondering if anyone else has thought this about our home

Oct 8, 2017, 12:09 PM

games so far this year...Does it seem like the noise/atmosphere has been down a little from the norm? I know we have had a few day games against not terribly exciting opponents, but even the Auburn game which was for all intents and purposes at night didn't get as loud as I would have expected based on years past.

Maybe it's my imagination, but the crowd has just seemed "off" so far from the Death Valley standard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes, there is a difference between fans attending

Oct 8, 2017, 12:15 PM

games who "expect" to win from those who "hope" to win.

Let a game get too close for comfort, and the passions renew themselves with ferocity...something I recall from the Danny Ford years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wondering if anyone else has thought this about our home

Oct 8, 2017, 12:19 PM

Just curious if anyone knows if the Alabama home games are always crazy or if they are not as loud when they expect to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not your imagination...it was so boring

Oct 8, 2017, 12:20 PM

Yesterday

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 12:31 PM

Now if we could just get our players and coaches to lose a few games so we could get the noise level back up. I'll go ahead and email Dabo and put in y'all's request. That is what you prefer - right? Maybe I misread this, but just checking before I make an absolute fool of myself.

Frankly, there hasn't been much drama this season.

Oct 8, 2017, 12:37 PM

Perhaps there is a relationship between drama and crowd participation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why should u care what people think about your home***

Oct 8, 2017, 1:04 PM

Oct 8, 2017, 1:08 PM

Well, I watched the FSU/Miami game too, and there was a lot of noise there trying to cheer their 1-2 team to victory. They lost and are now 1-3...so, the crowd noise did not help them. We are a victim of our own success and there would be much more noise if the outcomes were more in doubt...relax!!!

Good question and responses ...

Oct 8, 2017, 1:13 PM

My take from 1979 forward is that Clemson game fans are at their best and loudest only when the game is on the line or the opponent is being hit hard with violent intent. And college football has taken hard hits out of the game (e.g. #19). It's hard to generate the same excitement level when Clemson is better than the opponent two deep at every position, and the Offense is not primarily focused on scoring ... but more so on not turning the ball over. Oh, the problems the football rich and talented have to live with! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn game one of the loudest ever.

Oct 8, 2017, 1:13 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,531
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic