Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wonder how much Jerry had to pay the refs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Wonder how much Jerry had to pay the refs

Jan 4, 2015, 7:40 PM

For this win, F the Cowboys

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boo hoo hoo sniff sniff. I'm fairly sure that Jerry's...

Jan 5, 2015, 10:07 PM

...money could have bought him much more success in recent DECADES if that's all it took. Geez.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Dallas money or Detroit money...? It was a 'NFL' call...***

Jan 6, 2015, 12:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dallas money or Detroit money...? It was a 'NFL' call...***

Jan 6, 2015, 7:34 AM

I'd think if Jerry bought that game, he'd be buying them before now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonder how much Jerry had to pay the refs

Jan 6, 2015, 1:28 AM

Panther fan or just hate the Cowboys? I would guess Panther fan.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2015, 8:28 AM

Why is it that you always assume someone MUST be a Panthers fan if they bash the Cowboys? I'm not following the logic here...

Jan 6, 2015, 8:48 AM

Because 90% of the trash talked on here is by Panther fans. Just poking a little fun back at them. You people take this stuff WAAAY too seriously.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2015, 9:53 AM

You sure it is them who are taking it too seriously?

Jan 6, 2015, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Wonder how much Jerry had to pay the refs ]

No not much of a panther fan don't really care but that was as much a BS call as I have ever seen

Bang, bang call, ref was gonna be wrong either way according to some people

Jan 6, 2015, 4:42 AM

Bad calls happen in every game, this one particular call didn't win the game for Dallas, nor did it lose the game for Detroit. Both teams had plenty of chances to win this game, if they could've capitalized on those it would've made this call a non-factor.

Re: Bang, bang call, ref was gonna be wrong either way according to some people

Jan 6, 2015, 10:45 AM

No it was a PI 100%, the receiver was held first of all then the defender never turned to play the ball. If that call stands the Lions prolly score a TD. They for sure run more clock making the Cowboys use TOs. I have never heard a ref announce a PI and then 5 sec later the PA announcer say no penalty.

Jan 6, 2015, 10:58 AM

Yeah the Lions probably score a TD despite not scoring one since the 1st qtr. The ball would have been around the 30....not the 1. That's nothing more than a prediction. 6 2nd half points wasn't caused by one miss call. A lot of people also fail to see Pettigrew grabbing the LB's facemask.

Jan 6, 2015, 11:58 AM

What about Dez Bryant running onto the field without his helmet to argue the call? That in itself was a 15 yd penalty by the letter of the law. I recall a Cleveland Browns player a few years back blocking a FG to "seal" a win but removing his helmet before the whistle was blown and being called for a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty, thus allowing the opposing team to rekick and win the game. I didn't have a dog in the fight Sunday, but if you don't think the officiating was at least a bit suspect in the last 10 minutes of that game then I'm guessing you're a Cowboys fan or just plain blind.

The NFL has adopted the NASCAR method for penalties....***

Jan 6, 2015, 12:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im not a Dallas fan but they also missed a few calls on Detroit

Jan 6, 2015, 5:07 AM

There was a facemask on a dallas receiver that was never called, dallas got called for running into the kicker but when detriot did the same thing, the flag was never thrown. Like i said, im not a dallas fan but there were bad calls on both sides

Thr Dallas guy ran into the kicker. The

Jan 6, 2015, 8:45 AM

Detroit guy was blocked into the kicker. That was the difference and why it wasn't called.

Jan 6, 2015, 7:12 AM

A little more fuel for the fire.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/08/nfl-execs-fume-as-head-of-referees-parties-with-jerry-jones-son/

Jan 6, 2015, 8:05 AM

Sometimes a conspiracy can be confused with incompetence….

Jan 6, 2015, 10:04 AM

I think its dumb how one call has to block out the numerous other chances Det had.
1. A weak running into the punter call in the endzone that bailed them out(led to 7)
2. Dallas had to score twice on one drive after having a TD run by Murray called back for Holding.
3. Dallas had to recover a fumble twice on the last drive after the rookie gave it back to Det.
4. Det's head coach should have went for it on 4th & 1 anyways after the flag was picked up.
5. That was followed by a great 6 yard punt.
6. Dallas went for it on 4th and 6 late and converted on it that led to points.
7. A rare missed fg by the most accurate kicker in NFL history right after a INT.
8 The penalty yards was: DAL-46 Det-44

Seems to me, Det just didn't take advantage of all the breaks and 2nd chances they got and Dallas managed to score anyways on the mistakes and penalties they had. That one call did go against DET no doubt, but they had numerous chances and breaks throughout the game they didn't cash in on. 6 second half points wasn't caused by one call.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic