Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Olsen was a 4star recruit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Olsen was a 4star recruit

Oct 27, 2014, 12:14 AM

Does anyone else remember it saying that in one if the tigernet articles when he transferred?
If so, he has to be able to throw the ball around a little bit. He's a big, smart kid, that sat behind the most NFL ready quarterback to come out of college, in a long time.
Cole made A LOT of horrible throws yesterday. That touchdown pass was inches away of being tipped away itself. Watch the game again and count how many throws weren't even close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Olsen was a 4star recruit

Oct 27, 2014, 12:24 AM

https://rivals.yahoo.com/ucf/football/recruiting/player-David-Olson-87870

Oct 27, 2014, 12:30 AM

Thanks for the link. Did u see Georgia's starting QB was listed on the right side of the page under similar quarterbacks? Hutson Mason

the most impressive thing on that page is

Oct 27, 2014, 12:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Olsen was a 4star recruit ]

his 2000 SAT score

Wasn't he a backup at Stanford?

Oct 27, 2014, 12:28 AM

Being a backup behind a great QB doesn't in turn make you great.

Re: Wasn't he a backup at Stanford?

Oct 27, 2014, 12:35 AM

Your right but Cole Stout is no Andrew Luck!

Cole is/was a backup, too

Oct 27, 2014, 1:01 PM

And I don't think Olson took a single game-time snap in his time at Stanford. Cole did, though.

Oct 27, 2014, 12:46 AM

Olsen was not a 4 star recruit and was not originally offered by Clemson because he wasn't able to throw it around enough for our liking. He is an absolute last-gasp, emergency back up for us UNLESS, he has made up ground on Scheussler. I live in Irmo, great guy and glad he got the Stanford education, but he won't take any snaps from Cole or Scheussler.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said, I saw it on Tnet

Oct 27, 2014, 12:51 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/David-Olson-discusses-signing-Clemson-15819

Re: Like I said, I saw it on Tnet

Oct 27, 2014, 1:08 AM

He was not a 4 star by Rivals, Scout nor 24/7. Possibly by ESPN, but that would still be a stretch. You can look back at his recruiting profile yourself to confirm him or any player. Again, Olsen was not highly rated nor hotly recruited. Check that Rivals link for his full offer list and rating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2014, 6:45 AM

Unfortunately Dabo falls in love with QB's and stays with them (can you say Kyle Parker)even when they should be sitting down. Cole could not be a starter at Gardner Webb much less Clemson! Slow of foot; can't / won't take a hit; poor to below average passer. I think I'd try someone else!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With our "D" you know Cole is not moving it, so?

Oct 27, 2014, 8:46 AM

Schuesler cannot be a bad option to try Cole is putting a ton of pressure on our D and they have responded wonderfully, why not try him and see if he performs? Mike Williams had two TD's if Cole leads him a bit, the Orange DB's were like the BC receivers they can't catch if the ball hits them in the hands, thank God or we lose two in a row and our reeling like the Coots!

This unfounded confidence in Cole is going to catch up, we better be thankful Venables and our D is Top 5!

Oct 27, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Olsen was a 4star recruit ]

Dabo and Co. said that they will go with the QB that gives them the best chance to win. How is that going so far?

Oct 27, 2014, 12:55 PM

Winning last 4 games...

I'd say pretty good.

Oct 27, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Olsen was a 4star recruit ]

Why do we care which backup plays against Wake? They're just keeping the seat warm for DW, and Wake is awful.

Oct 27, 2014, 1:06 PM

lmao. olsen was not a 4 star qb. he only played 4 plays in his 4 years at stanford. if you idiots think he or nick are the solution you should maybe start following a different sport. maybe lawn darts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2014, 1:10 PM

Hopefully, Watson is back for GT and the rest of the season. If he is healthy, it won't matter.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic