Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Win out, you're in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Win out, you're in

Oct 14, 2017, 9:37 AM

As of right now there can only be 3 undefeated teams at the end of year. Win out you're conference champions and back in the playoffs!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

huh?

Oct 14, 2017, 9:41 AM

Undefeated teams above us from other conferences:

Bama, UGA
Penn St, Wisc
TCU
Washington

Other 1-loss teams that may be above us after our loss:
Auburn
Ohio St
Oklahoma?
SoCal?

Clemson needs to take care of business and have some help along the way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: huh?

Oct 14, 2017, 9:54 AM

Of all those undefeated teams you named only 3 can be undefeated at the end of year. Not worried about 1 loss teams if Clemson is conference champions.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:13 AM

Washington
Bama or UGA
Penn St or Wisc
TCU

How is that only 3 team???

Sorry, didn't realize you can't count to 4***

Oct 14, 2017, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: huh? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 10:02 AM [ in reply to huh? ]

Yes ..... we will need a lot of help. Two one loss SEC teams (i.e. either Bama, Aub or UGA winning or losing the SEC championship game giving each team a loss) will likely go before a one loss ACC Champion. The committee feels like they would "owe" a one loss Penn State team if they were Big 10 champs ......same with a Big 12 team. A lot is going to have to go right for us to get back in. A bad loss, i.e. ours or Oklahoma's is what it will take for some of the teams that will be ahead of us.

Right now we just have to worry about beating GT ..... not likely if we play like yesterday!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 10:12 AM

I'm not convinced that Auburn would get in over a one loss Clemson team that beat them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A 1-loss Auburn team that wins SEC gets in before us***

Oct 14, 2017, 10:25 AM

Re: A 1-loss Auburn team that wins SEC gets in before us***

Oct 14, 2017, 10:31 AM

A 1-loss Auburn team that wins SEC yet lost to us

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 10:34 AM

Although i believe it's a moot point anyway. Auburn will lose one more.

I believe they lose to UGA but beat Bama.

true. Hoping we have no more losses either.***

Oct 14, 2017, 10:36 AM

Good call***

Oct 14, 2017, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: A 1-loss Auburn team that wins SEC gets in before us*** ]

I stand by my statement

Oct 14, 2017, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: A 1-loss Auburn team that wins SEC gets in before us*** ]

That hypothetical team would have wins over Top 5 Georgia and Alabama. With one close loss on the road to Clemson (even though we all know it wasn't as close as the score).

That resume is a better than Clemson's. Plus factor in the SEC bias.

There's a good chance Auburn will be ranked above us this week.

Re: I stand by my statement

Oct 14, 2017, 10:40 AM

Idk.

Two top 5 wins versus 5 top 20 wins.

We beat Auburn, VT, Louisville and if we beat NCSTATE and VT/Miami in championship game. Hell, Miami may be top ten then.

All hypothetical tho

Oct 14, 2017, 11:52 PM [ in reply to A 1-loss Auburn team that wins SEC gets in before us*** ]

not if we run the table, bro

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 11:10 PM [ in reply to huh? ]

Only one loss team above us is Ohio State , having a loss to Oklahoma ...who now has a bad loss themselves .
Win out , we're in . Defending National Champions get the nod all else being equal .

DB23

Not if 'Cuse wins out. They'd win the division.***

Oct 14, 2017, 9:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Not if 'Cuse wins out. They'd win the division.***

Oct 14, 2017, 9:56 AM

Do you really think Syracuse is going to win out? They're at Miami next week!

Oct 14, 2017, 10:14 AM

Did you really think Cuse was going to beat us? Strange things happen.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:39 AM

I would not be surprised. SU has gotten better. The win over the Tigers will give them confidence moving forward. That was not a bad team we played. They were solid.

Not sure how they lost to MTSU.

Re: Win out, you're in

Oct 14, 2017, 10:07 AM

Maybe these millionaire coaches can get the Tigers ready to play GT. They were obviously not ready last night. We might 2 more games, if we don't play any better than last night.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:43 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Win-and-were-in-1739408

Oct 14, 2017, 10:50 AM

I get the win you are in theory and if we do we will be. There is ALLOT of football to be played and many teams will lose. Heck this could be the crazy weekend.

My concern is that from what I have seen so far this year is I do not see a QB that can distribute the ball to open receivers on a consistent enough basis that can make that happen. Not to mention the kicking game could cost us at minimum 1 or 2 more games. It played a major roll in the result of this one. I am not sure how Spence is still on a scholarship. I cannot recall a worse kicker at Clemson.

I am concerned that a recipe may have been discovered last night. Load up the box and force the Tigers to go underneath. Go tempo if you are able to as the opponent.

Winning out with DW and MW. Well we were not worried about that. We do not have that caliber of trigger man anymore and will need to scheme moving forward.

Also, Dabo cannot call stupid fake punt calls that literally kill the mo of the defense. Pin SU back deep and see what happens.

Oct 14, 2017, 11:03 PM

Based on last night , no way we win out or win the acc in my opinion this year.

Oct 14, 2017, 11:07 PM

SC and AUB are done

PSU, OSU, WISC - only 1 will make it

The real threat to me is 12-0 UGA v. 12-0 BAMA in SECCG, and the committee taking both regardless of outcome

That would leave 1 spot potentially between ACC, PAC10, BIG12

Oct 14, 2017, 11:15 PM

So are we Coot fans in Athens two weeks from today ?
A loss to the Cooters would remove UGa from our trouble list ...considering they likely lose to Bama in the SECCG

DB23

Oct 14, 2017, 11:30 PM

you're killing me with that

another nightmare scenario is 11-1 UGA beating 12-0 Bama in SECCG (both likely go)

Let's leave the chicken out of this for now and let AUB take care of UGA...

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic