Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Lousyville "perception" now return to mid-tier program?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Will Lousyville "perception" now return to mid-tier program?

Sep 18, 2017, 10:18 AM

So Louiseville needed a signature win against Clemson to prove they have arrived that would, in their minds, show the world they are an upper-tier program. I personally believe whatever they accomplished is nothing but a flash in the pan due to stumbling across Laverne Jackman who was headed to community college. Once they are required to adhere to ACC academic standards it will quash forward progress and they'll be a similar to a NC State or UNCheat with continued emphasis on basketball. JMHO.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no... they are currently perceived as mid-tier...

Sep 18, 2017, 10:21 AM

it will go back to irrelevant

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes,didn't they only move to the Top of the BIG East

Sep 18, 2017, 10:24 AM

after 4-5 teams bolted for the ACC?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes,didn't they only move to the Top of the BIG East

Sep 18, 2017, 1:31 PM

Uh... no.

Won the Big East when it was very strong. Beat the Pat White/Steve Slaton top-5 WVU team. Lost 1 game, to the Ray Rice top-10 Rutgers team, but still won the league and beat ACC champ in Orange Bowl... so, false.

Re: Yes,didn't they only move to the Top of the BIG East

Sep 18, 2017, 3:47 PM

Yet in current day, have losing records to all Power 5 conferences...how nice.

http://www.winsipedia.com/louisville

ACC: 51-56-1
SEC: 19-36-1
Big 12: 11-18-0
Pac 12: 3-6-0
Big 10: 12-20-1

At least there's the MAC, Conference USA, and the Sun Belt to lean on.

If looking at the Big East before it disbanded, Louisville's record was a losing one as well: 61-64-0

Cincinnati: 22-30-0
Connecticut: 6-4-0
Pitt: 8-9-0
Rutgers: 6-7-0
USF: 6-5-0
Syracuse: 9-6-0
Temple: 4-3-0

I'm right, U haven't mattered for most of your existance

Sep 18, 2017, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes,didn't they only move to the Top of the BIG East ]

By 2012 Miami ,VT and BC were gone,the only year you mattered in the BIG East,Facts R a B!tch !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisville_Cardinals_football

I said this before the game....

Sep 18, 2017, 10:26 AM

I believe Petrino will leave after this year. He knows their best chance to win the ACC was with Lamar, and he will go pro after this year. Bobby P cannot recruit on the level of Clemson and FSU to continually compete in the Atlantic.

And here's my evidence. You're getting routed at home. It's mid-late 4th quarter. You keep playing your starting QB to let him pad stats rather than getting snaps in a real game for your backup QB. Why would you do this? If you are building a PROGRAM, you don't coach like this. If you are building a RESUME, you try to be the coach of a 2-time Heisman winner! Has the backup QB even taken a snap this year?

Louisville fans probably don't realize it, but Petrino will leave them in a bad spot at the end of this year or next, and they will be fighting to keep up with NCST, let alone FSU & Clemson.

Re: Will Lousyville "perception" now return to mid-tier program?

Sep 18, 2017, 1:11 PM

Dude, where is this coming from? Louisville fans have nothing but respect for Clemson. Our rise is not your fall. In fact, just the opposite.

Congrats on the Natty and continued success.

But, #1, this whole "stumbled on Lamar Jackson" stuff is simply hilarious. Louisville won the 2007 Orange Bowl and 2013 Sugar Bowls before Lamar Jackson was even a recruit. Louisville finished ranked #6 in 2006.

With or without Lamar Jackson, the program is on the rise. With or without Bobby Petrino, the program is on the rise.

Would have loved to get that "signature" win over Clemson. Would have been huge. We're not there yet, and will admit that there is plenty of room to grow. Hats off to you. We did stomp our fellow "Tier 1" brethren FSU last year by 43, scoring 63 points. This weekend aside, our last 3 mathcups all came down to the final drive - within 6, 5 and 3.

Most of the Tiger fans I ran into in Louisville were wonderful. Great sports and well mannered. Why make an ### out of yourself?

Sep 18, 2017, 1:20 PM

Also will add that if/when Petrino leaves, Jeff Brohm is waiting in the wings.

Louisville native and former Cardinals QB. Brother of former Cardinal great and QB Brian.

We'll be fine.

Sep 18, 2017, 3:05 PM

Brohm isn't going to UL. The Brohm family doesn't like Tom Jurich, so I think this UL fan is delusional (like most of them).

I've said from the beginning that UL was a trashy entry to the ACC and all of us just tried to hold our nose while the conference was perceived to be in danger of dissolution.

UL has never really beaten anyone, most of their perceived "rise" is due to playing on ESPN on Tuesday night and winning 1-2 good games over a 15 year period (FSU last year and UF in the sugar bowl).

They are mediocre at best, and falling. When Lamar leaves, they're NC State or UVA.

Sep 18, 2017, 3:56 PM

"has never beaten anyone"??

They have here and there...

2016: Beat FSU, pretty badly at that.
2015: Beat Texas A&M in the bowl
2014: beat Miami (thought it was a shell of itself), Notre Dame
2013: beat Miami in the bowl game
2012: beat Florida in the bowl game
2011: (and I hate saying this): beat WVU, the same one that shell-shocked us in the OB

Ummmm...

Sep 18, 2017, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Lousyville "perception" now return to mid-tier program? ]

Do I really need to find examples for you to see how much we were trolled and disrespected on both this forum and your forum??? You guys needed to come down a peg and that's what Clemson's Football team did. Take your licks and go back to your board if you can't handle it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Sep 18, 2017, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Lousyville "perception" now return to mid-tier program? ]

Welcome back to the internet. LOL. We were treated GREAT in Louisville!! Thanks and good luck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what's a Mathcup?

Sep 18, 2017, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Lousyville "perception" now return to mid-tier program? ]

TIA in advance

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those pesky ACC admittance requirements gonna set

Sep 18, 2017, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Lousyville "perception" now return to mid-tier program? ]

that community College back quite a bit.

Deer Lousyville pretender,

Sep 18, 2017, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Lousyville "perception" now return to mid-tier program? ]

Ma'am,

Let me be the first Clemson alum to congratulate you on your fine victory over ACC Champ and perennial powerhouse Weak Florist in the 2007 Orange Bowl. The Florist was a flash in the pan champion that year who had duked it out in a yawn fest by destroying Georgia Tech 9-6 thus earning their ACC crown. In probably the worst and most unanticipated "major" bowl game in three generations you all really showed the world, well...maybe 15,000 folks who paid attention that you had arrived. Again, congrats on that WF win.

Yes, you stumbled across Laverne Jackman, who had no interest from any major community college expect for your fine institution of lower academic standards. We eagerly await, or not, your "program's" continued stagnation when the academic requirements kick in....pretty much the same time moped Bobby vacates to work as an assistant in the NFL.

Even if, by luck, your receivers learn where the first down maker is and won a game over Clemson it would not put you in a higher tier. One game is nothing, just like your win over FSU only catapulted Louiseville to a very temporary place you did not belong as proven by losing to perennial SEC bottom feeder Kentucky which was part of the three in a row loss slide and, I might add, gave the SEC two more wins (with loss to LSU) over the ACC last year. Way to represent!

Why come to the Clemson T-net board to seek validation from Clemson folks? I would say that most Clemson fans were happy to have and welcomed Lousyville in the beginning as it seemed to make more sense than all the northern teams invited into the ACC. However, since joining the ACC many of your folks have been complaining, sniveling babies who have come over here talking trash while thumping their chests like you are big boys now. Let me warn you, that once in a while you might beat FSU or Clemson but please don't take that as an indication you've arrived. I hope to see FSU give y'all an education this year on that topic.

Your win over 2006 ACC champ Weak Florist proves my point. Note that the Florist is back in the flower shop irrelevant as usual. At least they have high academic standards.

If I ran into a Lousyville fan I would be on my best behavior, I'd be nice and pleasant but if you come into my house with your alligator mouth overloading your cardinal a$$ then I would feel free to set the record straight.

Best of luck moving forward. Don't embarrass the ACC again by losing to the real university of Kentucky again. You are already in the hole as Kentucky leads the series 15–14. Sad!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 3:26 PM

They're pretenders. They've been a mid tier program we have happened to play down to.....until this year when Dabo & Co. laid the smackdown on them. No room for doubt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2017, 4:21 PM

Face it Clemson, no matter what happens...U of L is always going to be saying, but, but, but we, but we, you see, you see every time they open their mouths to speak or just to take in a breath of air. Got a Slime ball (13 Second) BBall coach and a even slimier Football coach both hired at Sex Ed College.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic