Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With the new rule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 922

With the new rule

Aug 26, 2020, 11:48 AM

That basically says that this season doesn’t count, TL16 could play three more years! Obviously he will not but there likely will be some very good, but not great, players Who will use this fifth year. The trick will be paying for those additional scholarships.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will 85 still be the max number of scholly's?***

Aug 26, 2020, 12:03 PM

Re: Will 85 still be the max number of scholly's?

Aug 26, 2020, 12:20 PM

its only the start in the SEC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will 85 still be the max number of scholly's?***

Aug 26, 2020, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Will 85 still be the max number of scholly's?*** ]

I read that those coming back for the extra year next year wouldn't count against numbers. Don't understand how that will work

Re: With the new rule

Aug 26, 2020, 12:59 PM

Look at the names on the roster, and you will see many that's on scholarship that we don't ever remember being recruited bc the never play, or they have been use as water boy's. Those guys would have to start paying for school. Hard times call for different decision making, and the decision has to be, I'm sorry but, due to the huge amount of scholarship money being lost bc of the covid-19 virus, I have no other choice but to inform you that we can no longer afford your FB scholarship effective immediately!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2020, 2:30 PM

That would be terrible and I hope it doesn't play out that way. The NCAA will need to just allow the extra scholarships for this group of guys over the next few years. Seems simple to me, but not sure about the money part.

Aug 26, 2020, 3:03 PM

The rule will apply only to this group of players and there will be more than the allotted 85 scholarships. This will put a financial burden on the athletic department to come up with additional scholarship money . Thanks goodness we have IPTAY!

Replies: 6
| visibility 922
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic