»
Topic: Why does the ACC need to replace Maryland???
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 19, 2012 11:17 PM by: AppTiger02
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

Why does the ACC need to replace Maryland???

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Nov 19, 2012 3:09 PM

In my opinion adding another Big East school to the ACC does absolutely nothing. I say get ND to become a full member or do nothing. This conference will be fine with 13 members (provided FSU and Clemson stay in the league)

Do away with Divisions and let the two best teams play in the ACCCG. There is nothing that mandates an even number of teams must be in the league. The league would likely become a lot more interesting with no divisions and a rotating schedule.

All other sports would maintain 14 teams so they don't need a 15th. Granted, this is about Football and I think the Football product of the ACC would be better without replacing Maryland.

2020 white level member

Re: Why does the ACC need to replace Maryland???

[1]
Posted: Nov 19, 2012 3:22 PM

I like that idea but you are not allowed to get rid of divisions and still have a championship game. The SEC had these issues before adding A&M and Missouri.
17.9.1.2 (c) Twelve-Member Conference Championship Game. [FBS/FCS] A conference championship game between division champions of a member conference of 12 or more institutions that is divided into two divisions (of six or more institutions each), each of which conducts round-robin, regular-season competition among the members of that division;

http://outkickthecoverage.com/ncaa-rule-makes-secs-13-team-schedule-a-virtual-impossibility.php

Re: Why does the ACC need to replace Maryland???

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 11:07 PM

Thanks, I didn't realize that a 12 (or more) team conference must have divisions to play a championship game.

2020 white level member

Why would ND want to join now? This year has proven they

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 11:17 PM

can remain independent and still be in a position to win a NC. I would say that when a financially struggling, founding member of the ACC is willing to fork out 50 mil to get the heck out of dodge, then there are some other issues.

Replies: 3  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
709 people have read this post