Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do so many think that we get dominated?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Why do so many think that we get dominated?

Dec 2, 2012, 7:31 PM

Our Oline has not been dominated by anybody this year. Yeah we lost the two big games that we needed to win, but look at what we have acclomplished. Three or four years ago we could not even beat the teams we were supposed to beat. At least we have conquered that hurdle.

Last year we won big games that nobody thought we would win. Once we get that consistentcy that Dabo talks about we will be elite. We have the recruiting, we are getting the facilities, and we are well on our way.

The Dline has improved throughout the year and I personally am proud of those guys. People blame them for losing to uSuc, but when you are on the field for forty minutes you will wear out! They are human and they can only take so much.

I have been watching my beloved Tigers for many years now. I don't like the flashy offense. I grew up during the Danny Ford era. I like smashmouth, strong defense type of football. If you look today that is what still what wins the day. No matter what we run I will always be here to support my team. Yeah I wish some things were different, but I like the direction we are headed. I dont understand why people bash things when they dont even know what is going on. Before you critisize what our people do ask yourself; "Am I there?", "Do I work at Clemson?", or "Do I talk to any of the coaches personally?". If not then just realize you don't know anything about what is going on. (Grammar police this is not for you)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USuC game.***

Dec 2, 2012, 7:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: USuC game.***

Dec 2, 2012, 7:37 PM

Apparently you did not watch the game. We were not dominated.

Dec 2, 2012, 7:40 PM

Did you miss the part where the O-line gave up 6 sacks?

Apparently you didn't watch. Our defense couldn't get off the field. And that's in large part because we were beat in the trenches.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2012, 8:03 PM

Nope. How many sacks did we have on USuC? Almost as many as they had on us. The reason we couldn't get off the field was an inexperienced secondary.

No need to throw out facts. It doesn't mesh with the agenda***

Dec 2, 2012, 8:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cause they're cowards***

Glad out team doesn't think like these wimps

have you not seen our defense against..

teams with half a pulse this year? everyone said the same about the coots as well.talked about how their offense wasnt that great.yet a back up lit us up.lsu will dominate our soft defense with their physical play

Little girl^^^ and Quitter***

Dec 2, 2012, 7:33 PM

its called being a realist.i mean i could tell you..

Dec 2, 2012, 7:41 PM

how we are better because we have weapons and so forth.much like many did on here before the usuc game.i mean they had a back up and didnt look good against wofford.we were sure to destroy them right? lsu is way more physical than usuc is we couldnt even get off the field on defense against them and our offense got bogged down after the first quarter.lsu's defense and offense is way more talented than usucs.you can lie to yourself all you want and preach about how we will beat them.but clemson has showed me nothing this year against decent teams to make me believe we win.our best win was against ball state.the rest of our wins were against teams with less than 8 wins

Re: have you not seen our defense against..

Dec 2, 2012, 7:36 PM [ in reply to have you not seen our defense against.. ]

Yeah because our secondary is suspect. Our line was not dominated.

Re: have you not seen our defense against..

Dec 2, 2012, 8:31 PM

So the secondary is responsible for letting one man get 4.5 sacks in a game and giving up 6 total? And how does our d line getting sacks have any relevance towards whether or not our OL was dominated? You don't give up six sacks and 4.5 to one guy and call it a good night. They got manhandled.

It's pretty simple, really...

Dec 2, 2012, 7:37 PM

We played two quality teams this year, and in both games we were dominated in the second half. Our defense is very bad, and has been exposed against quality competition. Our offense is explosive, but again, in both games against quality competition we were able to do little in the second half. When he had the chance to turn the game around against the coots, out NFL Heisman candidate QB threw an awful interception.

If we have any chance of beating LSU, who is a better team than the coots, we will have to play better than we've played in any game this year. And we'll have to do it for four quarters. I'd love to see that, but I haven't seen anything to indicate yet that we are capable of doing that, especially on defense. An NC State team that just fired their coach had us worried in the 4th quarter after we had hung 62 points on them.

You can't beat quality competition with a bad defense.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's pretty simple, really...

Dec 2, 2012, 7:39 PM

I agree and my blame goes to the secondary and some of the packages that BV dialed up and he admitted that. Would steele have?

Dec 2, 2012, 7:42 PM

You also have to realize that Brennon Is a good quarterback. By the way he will be one of the first to get drafted this year.

Dec 2, 2012, 8:02 PM

When will Dillon Thompson get drafted?

Dec 2, 2012, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: It's pretty simple, really... ]

The thing is, a team like us can't rely on the defense to win. Our offense is supposed to dictate the game.

When you go three and out and turn the football over, everything else goes out the window. And against good defenses who have good defensive lines, the chances of going three and out and turning the football over goes up significantly.

Can we win? Sure. But the offense needs to play lights out. Something they have struggled doing late in games against quality competition.

Dec 2, 2012, 7:46 PM

It does and thats why I would love to see us get back to who we really are. I think we will get some solid recruits this year, but our offense will doom our defense if they cant execute no matter how much talent we get defensively.

But we CAN'T just rely on scoring on every drive...

Dec 2, 2012, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: It's pretty simple, really... ]

against teams with a quality defense. You have to field a complete team (offense AND defense) to beat teams like that. We haven't done it yet this season. Is it possible? Yes. Likely at this point, given what we've seen? No.

And as for the theory of "running it right at them", if we try that without first getting our hot shot receivers and NFL QB involved with some high octane, take-shots-down-the-field passing game, we'll be stuffed. Wanna talk about three-and-outs? It's time for Sammy to show up in a big game for us this year. And it's time for the entire team to show up in the second half of a big game.

Re: But we CAN'T just rely on scoring on every drive...

Dec 2, 2012, 7:59 PM

I agree. The offense has to do there job in order for the defense to do their's. But I dont like quick scoring that hangs our defense out to dry. The running game should definatley be a bigger part of our offense.

Re: But we CAN'T just rely on scoring on every drive...

Dec 2, 2012, 8:49 PM

The play call can't be so predictable. After fussing about some of the stupid stuff we tried during the season, I thought Chad called a vanilla game in the second half. Can we not run outside or am I missing something?

Well, dang, let's just throw in the towel now... ...

Dec 2, 2012, 8:07 PM [ in reply to It's pretty simple, really... ]

And, yeah, I saw the coot game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you watched this team?

Dec 2, 2012, 8:01 PM

Have you watched LSU?

Our team couldn't muster a decent game at home against the in state rival fielding a 2nd string QB and RB.

Re: Have you watched this team?

Dec 2, 2012, 8:05 PM

Have you? The blame goes more towards coaching than the players.

And that's supposed to give us hope against LSU?

Dec 2, 2012, 8:20 PM

Optimism that isn't grounded in some semblance of reality is just wishful thinking.

The question will be.....

Dec 2, 2012, 8:27 PM

How "up" will LSU be for this game. If they aren't interested you guys have a great shot. If LSU feels like they have something to prove it'll be a long night. They'll "lean on" you guys all night.

Re: Why do so many think that we get dominated?

Dec 2, 2012, 8:40 PM

Exactly

Knowing history and being doomed to repeat it and whatnot***

Dec 2, 2012, 8:50 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic