Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are democrats...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 367

Why are democrats...

Feb 24, 2020, 8:58 AM

So butthurt about Trump's recent pardons/commutations or even the prospect of pardoning Roger Stone...

But literally have said nothing when Gavin Newsom commutes the sentences of 21 people in California that were either convicted of murder or attempted murder?

Here are 2 quotes from the article. No wonder California is such a **** Hole.

"The governor commuted the sentence of an 80-year-old woman, Doris Roldan, who was serving a life-without-parole sentence from Los Angeles County for working with two accomplices to kill her husband when she was 42 years old."

"Adonis Muldrow was 15 when he and a 26-year-old accomplice robbed four businesses and the accomplice fatally shot a man during a carjacking. Both men shot at a pursuing police officer, who was not seriously injured. Newsom’s commutation makes him eligible for a parole suitability hearing in about 2022."

"Newsom’s office pointed to studies that the part of the brain responsible for impulse control does not mature until well into adulthood, along with offenders’ capacity for remorse and rehabilitation"

Yet he wants to give 16 year olds the ability to vote. The hypocrisy of the far left is astounding. A 15 year old's brain isn't developed enough to know that he shouldn't rob and shoot people, but is developed enough to vote. SMH

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/13/gov-newsom-commutes-sentences-for-21-inmates/

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are democrats...

Feb 24, 2020, 9:07 AM

Because most of us dont live in California. Why would we care? Moroever, they have served their time. What were they drug offenses? If so, glad they were let go. Stone needs to serve some time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 9:08 AM

I see it says murderer in the mix. Yeah I dont support that. That's California's problem though.

Feb 24, 2020, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are democrats... ]

Carlsbad® said:

Because most of us dont live in California. Why would we care? Moroever, they have served their time. What were they drug offenses? If so, glad they were let go. Stone needs to serve some time.

And come on.. This is a crazy take. You don't care because it's California? How would a potential Roger Stone pardon affect you? How would any of these pardons or commutations affect you? Trump commuted the sentence of someone in Illinois. Should you not care about that?

At least be honest with yourself. The only reason you care about the Trump pardons is because you are a liberal and hate Trump.

Feb 24, 2020, 12:14 PM

How nice it must be to be able to write off any challenging discussion with a simple label.

Feb 24, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are democrats... ]

Stone matters way more. That means the president is above the law. He can just command anyone who helps him to just break the law and that person will be pardoned. It means there are no laws for anyone that sides with Trump. It's obvious. It means Trump cam do whatever he wants too.

Feb 24, 2020, 3:55 PM

I know you’re not just finding this out....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why can't...

Feb 24, 2020, 9:11 AM

Both people like you and the Democrats realize that pardoning legitimate criminals is wrong and we need to fix that system? Why can't y'all realize it's wrong regardless of party?

Why can't YOU admit that the Trump pardons are dirty as hell and shouldn't have happened?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Why can't...

Feb 24, 2020, 9:33 AM

I'm indifferent to be honest.

I'm okay with a Roger Stone pardon to be honest. He lied to cops in a sham investigation. He "intimidated" a witness that said they never felt intimidated. Funny how all of the convictions in the Russian hoax were all lying to cops and nothing to do with Russian meddling.

Secondly there is the double standard. Why are Trump associates getting arrested for lying, but people like Andy McCabe, and Hillary are still walking free!

Lastly, there has been clear political bias in this case. People on the jury have lied about their political bias and their connections to Roger Stone

I agree that executive power of pardoning should probably be reformed, but this outrage over Trump is absolutely ridiculous.

Obama pardoned or commuted the sentences for 1,927 people

Trump has pardoned or commuted the sentences for 26 people.

Wow, there's a lot wrong here...

Feb 24, 2020, 11:26 AM

First, let's get this out of the way: "Whataboutism" is an absurd arguing point, and really, the argument of a child. Learn to dismiss it. You can't excuse wrongdoing by saying, "Well, what about those guys?"

I'm okay with a Roger Stone pardon to be honest. He lied to cops in a sham investigation. He "intimidated" a witness that said they never felt intimidated. Funny how all of the convictions in the Russian hoax were all lying to cops and nothing to do with Russian meddling.

What you just listed is breaking the law, and you're okay with him getting away with it? If you lied to police about an investigation and then threatened a witness--even if you were innocent--you've still broken the law. That's how it works.

How about Blagovich? About as corrupt of a Dem as they come. You okay with that one?

Secondly there is the double standard. Why are Trump associates getting arrested for lying, but people like Andy McCabe, and Hillary are still walking free!

When those people lie to authorities and threaten witnesses, I'll be the first in line to demand their prosecution. And based on what you just said, you wouldn't support their pardon--which means your argument is bent on party politics, not actual justice.

Lastly, there has been clear political bias in this case. People on the jury have lied about their political bias and their connections to Roger Stone

Please, this is a dubious claim. It's a silly claim made against one juror, not "people". And none of those "people" have connections to Stone.

I agree that executive power of pardoning should probably be reformed, but this outrage over Trump is absolutely ridiculous.

Obama pardoned or commuted the sentences for 1,927 people

Trump has pardoned or commuted the sentences for 26 people.

When crooks are being pardoned, there should be outrage. There are average Americans sitting in prison for years for far less crimes, but they don't have political connections. We're now swimming in kleptocracy, and Stone isn't even scratching the surface of the bad people Trump has pardoned.

Why did he? Because he's a bad person, and bad people don't think other bad people have done much wrong.

It's wrong regardless of R or D, and it was wrong when Obama did it. The reason he has more? He waited until the end of his presidency to pardon most. I can't even imagine what Trump is going to pardon at the end of his.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Wow, there's a lot wrong here...

Feb 24, 2020, 1:07 PM

I agree with you in that if you break the law, you should be punished accordingly.

The problem with that statement is that Republicans and Democrats are not playing by the same rules. In this current political landscape, Democrats don't get prosecuted for lying, but Republicans do. Until that changes, I can stand behind a potential pardon in situations like Roger Stone.

You say that you would be the first in line to prosecute democrats for breaking the law. Well I'm glad you are first in line for the prosecution of the following:

Hillary Clinton
Bill Clinton (I'm sure you were behind his impeachment for lying to congress)
Andy McCabe
Kevin Clinesmith
James Comey
Adam Schiff
The "whistle blower"

Feb 24, 2020, 2:20 PM

It's absurd you think Dems have a bunch of dirtbags and the GOP doesn't. Let me know what it's like to live in that fantasy world.

Feb 24, 2020, 2:54 PM

Catahoula said:

It's absurd you think Dems have a bunch of dirtbags and the GOP doesn't. Let me know what it's like to live in that fantasy world.

That's whataboutism bro. You sound like a child.

Are you really this hypocritical.

New from Catahoula: Whataboutism makes you look like a child if you are a republican, but it's fine if you're a democrat. This goes along with the theme of this thread.

Also, I never said that Republicans are all good people, so now you are just making crap up. There are bad on both sides. Dems are just hypocritical about it.

Feb 24, 2020, 3:05 PM

Please explain specifically how I committed the tuo quoque fallacy.

You're the only one committing "what aboutism" in this thread. I'm the one advocating everyone get punished.

Feb 24, 2020, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Wow, there's a lot wrong here... ]

First, let's get this out of the way: "Whataboutism" is an absurd arguing point, and really, the argument of a child. Learn to dismiss it. You can't excuse wrongdoing by saying, "Well, what about those guys?"

McCabe, Hillary, Schiff all have lied under oath/to the FBI

Democrats: *Crickets*

Papadopolous and Roger Stone get arrested for Lying to the FBI

Republicans: "This seems a little unfair. How do Democrats continue to lie to the FBI but they aren't getting into trouble"

Democrats: THAT'S WHATABOUTISM BRO! IT'S AN ABSURD ARGUING POINT AND YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A CHILD!

The trend continues and nothing changes.

LOL, grow up dude.

Feb 24, 2020, 2:20 PM

What, specifically, did they lie about under oath or to the FBI?

Feb 24, 2020, 3:02 PM

Bill Clinton: You know what he lied about

Hillary Clinton: Destroyed and whitewashed blackberries after she received a Subpoena. Obstruction of Justice much?

Andrew McCabe: The Inspector General report showed he lied 4 times to the FBI. He also illegally leaked classified information. And then blamed his subordinates. What a great guy he is.

Kevin Clinesmith: He will probably get indicted. He altered an email to make it look like Carter Page was a Russian asset. This basically started the Russian hoax investigation. If it wasn't for this illegal investigation, Roger Stone would have never been questioned by the FBI

James Comey: Lied to the FBI and leaked classified information

Adam Schiff: Lied under oath multiple times.

"Whistleblower": He lied that there was a quid pro quo on the Ukraine call. The manuscripts of the call showed otherwise. That's the dem's whole strategy. Lie about an accusation and use that lie to try to find a crime.

Feb 24, 2020, 3:07 PM

Clinton was tried and had his charges dropped for the same BS partisan reasons Trump's were dismissed.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you'll argue Trump was somehow innocent.

Hillary? Sure, put her in jail, but she's been too smooth to get caught. Stone was far too stupid.

Comey, Schiff, and Whistleblower is just you reciting right-wing media.

If you think the FBI is run by a bunch of leftist Dem liberals, well...

Feb 24, 2020, 3:18 PM

Hillary smooth??? hahahahaha. It is common knowledge that she committed multiple crimes. She took hammers to black berries!! If being a democrat and having the courts on your side is smooth, then sure.

Comey: He straight up admitted to leaking classified information. Are you serious?

Whistleblower: The whistleblower filed a report saying that there was a quid pro quo on the call. The manuscript got released. There was no quid pro quo. That's not right wing media. That's common sense.

Adam Schiff: He made up the Trump conversation and stated it as fact to congress. He then said it was parody. He also said he had no contact with the whistleblower and that has been proven false.

Please tell me what Trump did? Seriously. What crime did Trump commit? Please enlighten me

Feb 24, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Why can't... ]

So whoever disagrees with Trump is biased - all of the prosecutors, judges, patriotic Americans on the juries - if they say or do anything that doesn't align with Trump's fantasy veiw of his world is biased.

Cool, problems solved !

Feb 24, 2020, 12:38 PM

So whoever disagrees with Trump is biased - all of the prosecutors, judges, patriotic Americans on the juries - if they say or do anything that doesn't align with Trump's fantasy veiw of his world is biased.

Cool, problems solved !

No, you #######. Jurors that lie about their biases should not be on a jury. Judges that have clear political bias should not be a judge for that case.

One juror tweeted about roger stone continuously and then when she was questioned she said she didn’t know who stone was.

Feb 24, 2020, 4:03 PM

Nah, the prob is that you are all over Trump's jock and are a weak man. So weak that you will defend anything associated with him to be subservient to Trump your man. There are 12 people on a jury. They arent all out to get Trump. Stone got what he deserved. The next jury would do the same.
It was an easy open and shut case. Get off Trump's jock. Be a man. Trump will be okay.

Feb 24, 2020, 4:53 PM

Carlsbad® said:

Nah, the prob is that you are all over Trump's jock and are a weak man. So weak that you will defend anything associated with him to be subservient to Trump your man. There are 12 people on a jury. They arent all out to get Trump. Stone got what he deserved. The next jury would do the same.
It was an easy open and shut case. Get off Trump's jock. Be a man. Trump will be okay.

Typical lefty. You just ignore everything that is said that doesn't fit your narrative.

For the millionth time... I didn't vote for Trump.

I don't think he's a great guy
I don't think he's a good role model
I don't like his tweets
I don't like him attacking deceased opponents of his
I don't like that he's cheated on his wive's multiple times

You repeat the same BS every time somebody defends Trump. You are a hypocrite just like the rest of your party. You prove your ignorance every day whether it is posts about politics or posts about Brownell.

Quick question though. Why do you think Hillary wasn't prosecuted when she destroyed subpoena'd blackberries?

What do you think would happen to Trump if he did that? Like imagine that instead of releasing the manuscript of his call with Ukraine, he destroyed the manuscript and it was never seen again?

Feb 24, 2020, 5:54 PM

Carlsbad® said:

Typical lefty. You just ignore everything that is said that doesn't fit your narrative.

For the millionth time... I didn't vote for Trump.

I don't think he's a great guy
I don't think he's a good role model
I don't like his tweets
I don't like him attacking deceased opponents of his
I don't like that he's cheated on his wive's multiple times

You repeat the same BS every time somebody defends Trump. You are a hypocrite just like the rest of your party. You prove your ignorance every day whether it is posts about politics or posts about Brownell.

Quick question though. Why do you think Hillary wasn't prosecuted when she destroyed subpoena'd blackberries?

What do you think would happen to Trump if he did that? Like imagine that instead of releasing the manuscript of his call with Ukraine, he destroyed the manuscript and it was never seen again?

Quick question, why hasn't Hillary been prosecuted by Trump's DOJ over the last 3 years?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 5:50 PM

Then you're going to love this guy, he pardoned:

a confessed killer who participated in a triple murder in 1983, one of the victims a 19 yr old woman.

a man convicted of rapinng a 9-year-old

a man convicted of stuffing his co-worker’s decapitated body into a barrel

a man convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy

a man who hired a hit man to kill his business partner

a man who'd only served 2 years for reckless homicide and impersonating a cop, who's brother hosted a fundraiser to help him pay off his campaign debt.

this was the handiwork of Rep. Gov. Matt Bevin of Ky. But you go be outraged at Newsom for pardoning an 80 year old woman who'd already served 38 years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/kentuckys-governor-issued-more-than-600-pardons-then-came-a-firestorm/2019/12/21/33e09ce4-2342-11ea-a153-dce4b94e4249_story.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are Democrats always generalizing about people?

Feb 24, 2020, 5:51 PM

I hate it when they do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 367
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic