Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Saban has NOT left Alabama....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 2,107

Why Saban has NOT left Alabama....

Dec 9, 2017, 8:48 AM

He is winning and he is the highest paid coach in the country .... There is no school that could lure him away with a winning program or more money....

When he retires, who will the highest paid coach in the country? Dabo Swinney - who is also a winner...

Clemson will come up with the $$$ to keep him, guaranteed if we are 10-winning every year ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Money

Dec 9, 2017, 9:14 AM

Nobody switches jobs for a 10-20% increase in salary. There has to be a more compelling reason when you're already making $7M+. Dabo wouldn't leave Clemson for Bama to increase his pay. But, he would leave if we ran him out of town or just felt an overwhelming loyalty to Bama and had a desire to coach there.

Jimbo (.500 winning percentage over the last 20 games) left FSU because 1) He probably knew his star was fading in Tallahassee; and 2) $7.5M per year for 10 years GUARANTEED. If FSU had matched that offer, he would've stayed because of the financial assurances. They didn't match (see W/L record, past 20 games).

That said, I think most of us, myself included, are heavily biased towards "What would I do in that situation?" And if we were making Dabo-money we'd stay in Clemson forever. But, things change and you never know how it'll play out 5-10 years from now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 2,107
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic