Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who's the most complete team???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,155

Who's the most complete team???

Nov 21, 2019, 9:09 AM

So Vegas has Clemson and O31o state as a pick em, but both favored over the SEC teams. Hmm. Let think what they are thinking. To look at a team and see who's the most complete team, let's first look at QB. Yes TL16 is awesome and on of the best I. A long time. Fields is looking good also, but not really been tested like TL16 was in the playoffs last year. So how about we assume both QBs get hurt and the backups come in. Who do we think has the best chance to score with their backups. Clemson? O31O, LSU, UGA,. My bet is Clemson with CB. He's got so much experience in a real nut cracker situation, I think he's the only one that can handle the pressure. Always never have to buy a beer in tiger town again.

Let's now look as the receiver package. Until we figured out what to do on third down after Superman left (Renfrow), we were struggling. Then we figured it out and are lights out. Who has the best backups for WR. Again I point to the Tigers from the upstate. Ours have so much practice in real game situations , and not in mop up like the other three. Last week our #2 and #3 receiver want out, and backups came in and we didn't skip a beat. Do you think any of the other three would be so seemless???

So let's look at running backs. Obviously ETN is one of the best in the country, and Lyn-J is pretty darn good. It may be a wash as UGA has some good ones, but O310 uses its QB as a running back, so with him and his WRs out, then take his RB out, not sure if they generate a running game. LSU doesn't have much of a running game to begin with.

I think you can do this same thing on defense, but put the X factor of Brent Venebales on that and it's clear who comes out on top.

So it's probably pretty close on top between Clemson and O31O, with the tigers having the edge, and probably near peers on First string. But the other two in the CFP are questionable in their backups.

Advantage: CLEMSON. Most complete team.

Just some musing from a Tiger Fan bored with all the SEC crap I get here in Knoxville.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who's the most complete team???

Nov 21, 2019, 9:15 AM

we usually have a check down open on third now. It is the finding it and completing it that sometimes varies

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 9:30 AM

I would not go to the backups. Clemson is better at every position / position group across the offense. Ohio State is very good, but Clemson is elite. The only advantage that I would give Ohio State comfortably is with Young. XT is great but Young appears to be on another level right now. At the same time Simmons is that much better than any linebacker that OSU can throw out there as well. Then of course we have Venables as our ace in the hole. Clemson all day long.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:09 PM

I'm will to bet that if you look at playing time Young has a lot more playing time than XT does. XT missed 3 games and Young miss 2 games but we substitute our defensive players with the second string from the beginning of the game. Young is pretty good but compared to amount played XT is just as good. Even in the North Carolina game we played like 5 DE's in the game. So of course XT's numbers will not be as high a Young.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JK Dobbins is actually very good

Nov 21, 2019, 9:53 AM

Not as explosive as ETN, but he's avg 7 yards per carry and has been the mainstay at RB for OSU for the last 3 years.

Re: JK Dobbins is actually very good

Nov 21, 2019, 10:00 AM

Dabo very experienced. Day not. Big edge.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,155
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic