Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BRANDON STREETER..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

BRANDON STREETER..

Dec 11, 2015, 9:03 AM

I wonder how much influence Coach Streeter has had on Deshaun. I think we can all agree that Deshaun was going to be a great quarterback, but has Street fine tuned the little nuances that have made Watson a Heisman frontrunner? Tahj was very good, but he never got the one-on-one coaching during the season that he needed to push him up a few notches to greatness.

Not wanting to give Streeter all the credit, as the talent was already there in Watson. That being said, I don't want to just blow off any contributions that have made Watson excel. Hey, they all have talent when they come here, it's the coaches that make them good or great.

If he has indeed made noticeable improvements with Watson, he should be getting some love just like Brent and Dabo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoever taught Deshuan to slide is my COY.***

Dec 11, 2015, 9:07 AM

He does a good job avoiding unnecessary hits for sure.***

Dec 11, 2015, 9:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

i think Streeter has a lot to do with the little things

Dec 11, 2015, 9:07 AM

But if you go back and watch Watsons first game(UNC 2014) you could see there was something special already there.

Re: i think Streeter has a lot to do with the little things

Dec 11, 2015, 9:10 AM

Streeter mentors DW , and you can see it after every time DW comes to the sidelines. There is coaching going on , and it's surely helped DW .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: BRANDON STREETER..

Dec 11, 2015, 9:12 AM

Deshaun Watson is the best qb in Clemson history. Streeter may have helped some but he's a tremendous talent. If THE Chad was here he would have thrown for 5k yds this year.

Dec 11, 2015, 9:17 AM

If the CHAD was still here we would be 11-2. He would have abandoned the run against ND and Fla. ST

Dec 11, 2015, 9:24 AM

Didn't care for how the Chad ran Watson up the middle every play. Trying to get him killed. Even though Watson has a lot of yards rushing this year the approach has been better.

Beat me to it. Chad may have padded stats but lost 2 games 2***

Dec 11, 2015, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: BRANDON STREETER.. ]

Dec 11, 2015, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: BRANDON STREETER.. ]

Lol. Right? To be honest, I'm pretty fn happy with not seeing screen pass after screen pass after screen pass this year.

Not with Dabo as head coach.

Dec 11, 2015, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: BRANDON STREETER.. ]

Dabo is old school. You keep your defense rested by keeping the boys off the field.

That's a real problem with those Big 12 offenses. They don't control the clock. They either score early or give up the ball with a turnover or a punt. OU and Baylor have the better defenses in that conference though we have no real frame of reference for their lack of playing OCC D1 teams.

Chad Morris may not be as much a gunner as you think. During his stay here he didn't have the horses on the LOS to control the clock as much as he may have wanted. I think he was more interested in impressing future bosses more than anything else.

Someday when he has quality linemen we may find out whether or not he's a good head coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, and we'd be 10-2***

Dec 11, 2015, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: BRANDON STREETER.. ]

Dec 11, 2015, 9:27 AM

There's no doubt that Deshaun came to Clemson with an amazing skill set. But if you remember how improved Cole Stout was for the bowl game last year after only a few weeks with Streeter, you have to believe that he is an excellent quarterback coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just my opinion here but I think streeter has done an

Dec 11, 2015, 9:47 AM

excellent job coaching #4. #4 has a pocket presence and calmness in the pocket that Tahj never had or wasn't nearly as good with it as #4. Don't get me wrong, I love Tahj but he did tend to get happy feet sometimes with pressure, it's only natural for most QBs. The great QBs can kind of sense when to move around in the pocket, take off and get what you can or move just enough to buy time to find that open receiver. #4 has that great characteristic and Streeter has helped him refine his talents and his mechanics IMO.

I think the biggest testament to how good of a QB coach Streeter is was how he coached up Cole for the bowl game last year vs OK. That was not the same QB we saw all year playing for Clemson, he was dialed in and the plays were called based on his strengths.

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just my opinion here but I think streeter has done an

Dec 11, 2015, 1:09 PM

I think a lot of what deshaun does is God-given but if Streeter was the one that convinced the boy to start sliding and heading for the sidelines, he gets my vote!

Oh and who is Tahj? ;)

Agreed and I can never remember how to spell Tajh! +1 for u***

Dec 11, 2015, 2:01 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed and I can never remember how to spell Tajh! +1 for u***

Dec 11, 2015, 5:14 PM

Haha! Good man, thanks!

He did a heck of a job with Cole

Dec 11, 2015, 1:00 PM

in bowl prep. I'd guess he's contributed plenty to DW's progress.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Correct!***

Dec 11, 2015, 1:25 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck of a track record!

Dec 11, 2015, 2:56 PM

turned Cole around in 3 weeks and has an award winning QB this year on the #1 team.

I vote we keep him for another year or six

Dec 11, 2015, 3:36 PM

I am actually shocked to say he may be a better coach than quarterback. THIS IS A HUGE STATEMENT. I used to love watching him play the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic