Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who wins the Coastal?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,406

Who wins the Coastal?

Aug 24, 2014, 7:27 PM

I'm going with Virginia Tech to surprise a lot of people and win the Coastal going away with a 7-1 or 8-0 record, with Miami, Pitt, and UNC stuck in a 3-way tie for second.

I've read a couple previews that listed having to replace Logan Thomas at QB as VT's biggest weakness. If losing Logan Thomas is one of their biggest concerns, they should be just fine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will go with Miami.***

Aug 24, 2014, 7:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who wins the Coastal?

Aug 24, 2014, 7:40 PM

I say nobody they all are tied for garbage

I'm going with Duke. Regarding VT, they have a guy who

Aug 24, 2014, 7:41 PM

couldn't beat out Thomas for PT the last few years (let that sink in) and a TTech transfer...

Duke's got the best HC in the ACC and a lot of guys coming back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 7:41 PM

I think DUke repeats

VT offense has shown nothing for a couple of years now.

Aug 24, 2014, 7:42 PM

Great defense, but that will be wasted. They might win the coastal, but i can't imagine them being dominant.

I think that division can be won with a 6-2 record or even 5-3 with tiebreakers.

I hate it, but I think UNC.***

Aug 24, 2014, 7:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll go VT. Here's why...

Aug 24, 2014, 7:54 PM

Miami's schedule has them opening up at Louisville. They also play FSU and at VT on a Thursdee night. They also recently lost a pretty good DB.

I was leaning Duke. But they lost an All conference LB and a standout TE. However they do still have a sharp WR. They do benefit from a weak cross division slate. Cutcliffe is a great coach but they lost a good O coordinator.

Not sure I buy UNC. Switzer is a stud return man. We need to mark him when game day gets here. But playing in our house is a L.

VT gets Miami at home. They also play a sub par cross division slate. That helps. While the LB spot is their weakness they are solid in the secondary. I'm going with them to win the coastal.

You're correct about that WR at Duke. That young man

Aug 24, 2014, 8:02 PM

is very good. Smaller and very quick like Steve Smith, hopefully without Smith's over the top tenacity (breaking his own teammates nose). Who knows in the coastal though! Crazy every year. Who guessed Duke this time last year? Cutcliffe(sp?) is as good as anyone for sure.

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 8:21 PM

If losing Logan Thomas is one of their biggest concerns, they are in for a peck of trouble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 8:24 PM

I say Vanderbilt .

By SEC default.

DB23

UNC***

Aug 24, 2014, 8:25 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 24, 2014, 9:23 PM

The winner of UNC/Miami game wins the coastal and plays the winner of the CLEMSON/FSU game in the ACCCG. The Atlantic winner wins it all.

Here's how I see it....

Aug 24, 2014, 10:25 PM

But the early stretch of @ECU, @ CU, VT, followed by @ND is a tough task. On O, they should be very productive with Williams at QB, Quinshad Davis and Switzer at WR, and depth at RB. But they lost some good OL and Ebron at TE who was clutch last year. It's their D that worries me. Especially the back end in replacing two pretty good safeties. Also, they lost some depth when four were dismissed. But hey if they can score they should be in most games. Plus they're 4 deep at RB. They could do it. No doubt.

I'm not big on Miami. Especially starting a true freshman at QB. But much like UNC, they have good WRs and a stud RB. They will score. But they lost a great DB recently who could've been an all conference performer (Rayshawn Jenkins). My hang up on them is the schedule, just like UNC. They open up at UofL, a team who just beat them bad in a bowl. They also get FSU. And play at VT on a Thursday. Not sure they'll win but one of those games. But who knows, it's the coastal.

Simply based on schedule and defense I took VT. They get BC and Wake. Plus Logan won't be there to turn the ball over. They have three returning WRs who tackles atleast 600 yards. All Brewer must do is limit INTs, imo. Plus Fuller is a shutdown DB (58 tkls, 6 int). And Brandon Facyson is solid (5 ints). They managed to avoid FSU, UL, ND, and CU. They get UM at home. Thats why I got em pegged in. But as mentioned it's the coastal. Who knows...

Methinks PITT takes the Coastal

Aug 24, 2014, 10:36 PM

Why? I think they are a team on the rise that will be better than they were last year and I'm not convinced that VT is anywhere near "back".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 10:55 PM

Winning the coastal = 4th best in the conference

Aug 24, 2014, 11:32 PM

I'll make it simple by cutting the the point. Here is how I see the Coastal finishing.
1.Canes 7-1
2.Duke 6-2
3. Pitt 5-3
4. VTech 4-4
5. UNC 3-5

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,406
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic