Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who shook the idiot tree?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,173

Who shook the idiot tree?

Nov 19, 2014, 11:22 PM

I'm scratching my head. What has happened so quickly to our fan base? I know the minority is the loudest, but good grief how quickly you all multiplied! Like a virus... just spreading nonsense on digital platforms with no accountability.

"Chad Morris is nothing more than a high school coach, he can't coach at this level."

"Our staff is living by player talent alone, they can't coach."

"Cole deserves to be booed this weekend"

"Good riddance Dabo."

Talk about some hypocrites! Should you expect absolute perfection and national championships each year? When did we develop this huge sense of entitlement? As Clemson fans, do we not pride ourselves on athletic programs that are founded in tradition, history, toughness, morality, pride and winning. This staff is rebuilding this program the right way. No shortcuts here. We're winning... We're improving... We're recruiting... We're establishing a brand...

Before you respond with your negativity or crap... I can care less about the trolling or negativity. do what you got to do if that "makes you feel heard". The former player in me wants to say the word "coward" right now, but that's not a real Clemson fan, who are the majority. I'm rightfully frustrated.... "Clemson" means you fight, especially when you're in a corner. I hope our true fans and the players respond accordingly the next two weeks.

I've put sweat and blood into the program and worn the jersey. However, i know that makes my opinion no different than anyone else... But it's family. This is OUR family. We defend and support our Clemson family.

Please do not be next to me or my family this weekend and even attempt to boo Cole Stoudt....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who shook the idiot tree?

Nov 19, 2014, 11:29 PM

Sir, your post was very long for such a to the point post, but I agree with you. Just ignore those 3 posters that act that way. I love Clemson football and will continue doing so. Admittedly, not the biggest Cole fan, but I would never boo a player on my team.

HTH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Nov 20, 2014, 3:31 PM

your name and the majority of your post lead me to believe you are a smart alec. There was no need to respond in a smart( not funny tone) to that post.

Nov 20, 2014, 12:05 AM

I think you captured it nicely: a shaking of the idiot tree. That you were a player adds some credibility to you as a poster, but your message needed no additional support as it captured what has needed to be said, more frequently, more loudly and more forcefully since the first game.

I am glad to see a number of people sounding off in amanner which dilutes the postings of the idiots among us.

Sam, is that you?***

Nov 20, 2014, 1:17 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 110%...Its crazy. Just hopping "that" part of our...

Nov 20, 2014, 1:21 AM

fanbase is the 1%.

anonymity decreases IQ in certain circumstances GO TIGERS!***

Nov 20, 2014, 6:23 AM

Re: anonymity decreases IQ in certain circumstances GO TIGERS!***

Nov 20, 2014, 6:42 AM

Every fanbase has them . Cynical , judgmental type A people . They are lightning quick to a solution to the problem , flawed logic and vitriolic consternation in tow.
I always just assume that it is a reflection of the difficulties they may be experiencing on a personal level and that it manifests itself in this type of forum if only to serve as a vent for their beleaguered conscience s.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

It's just old fashioned immaturity and narcissism

Nov 20, 2014, 9:36 AM

Clemson football exists to please them, and when it doesn't, heads should roll.

It's emotional thinking, it gets the best of us occasionally, but some it gets all the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Winning is the best deodorant...

Nov 20, 2014, 7:33 AM

I think the fact of the matter is that Dabo is still a somewhat divisive figure as our head coach, for all the reasons that we've fought on here about since 2008 and we don't need to go over again. DRad and the BOT's lashing us to him guaranteed for the next four years(with seemingly no good reason mind you) has not resolved any of these issues. If their thought with the big contract was, "We'll send a signal that we're all in with this guy and the fans will have to accept it", then I believe they misread the situation. It's like when a couple has issues while dating but thinks, "This will all go away if we get married!", marriage doesn't solve your issues with the other person it just makes them permanent.

The fact of the matter is that our offense DOES seem to feast or famine, our players often DON'T develop(look at what Urban Meyer is doing with a backup at OSU, who is getting better every week), our offensive line HAS been a problem for years, we DO stink in the red zone and short yardage... Have we had a lot of success? Sure. Have we had some good wins? Sure. But there's also the huge loses in the Orange Bowl, six in a row to our rival, and the complete and total evaporation of our offense this year.

To say 'We're recruiting, we're improving' ignores the very things Dabo has said, that we 'just needed an oil change' when he got here(how many years ago?), that 'best is the standard'(with THIS offense?). While Dabo is winning, a lot of these issues go away... and honestly if we were losing and not looking completely inept it would help. But a lot of these issues go much much deeper, with the coach the school chose, the way they chose to structure the contract, and the way the program is being run(recruiting philosophy, S&C, and coordinator choice). This isn't a reaction to a single game or player, it is frustration at a series of decisions combined with a poor year on the field.

Did it hurt?

Nov 20, 2014, 7:44 AM

Falling from the top?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Winning is the best deodorant...

Nov 20, 2014, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Winning is the best deodorant... ]

There are shortcomings to be sure and your post, unlike so many, was pleasant in tone even while disagreeing with the premise of the thread.

I think many of us are asking questions right now, but haven't lost sight of the reality that we have seen possibly as much improvement and certainly more success in the 6 years since Dabo was given the job than the 6 years prior. As a result, many of us are looking at this as a dip we expect to be noticeably corrected by the bowl game and next season.

I don't like to see the Togers lose and especially not to USC, but a number of us do not want to fire them all when this time last year we were pretty proud of ourselves and our recruiting appears to be as strong as ever.

Nov 20, 2014, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Winning is the best deodorant... ]

nailed it...

the contract was a head scratcher

but our fans were enablers and many are infatuated with Dabo

admin didn't think there was much risk and they were probably right

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Winning is the best deodorant... ]

tiger6: I agree with virtually all of your post which IMO was a good one.
I would only add that the most concerning thing to me is that our coaches seem to be very intransigent in their unwillingness to make changes mid-stream which are clearly needed. That item speaks to a lack of maturity on their part and something that must change, IMO, in order for our program to advance much further. This has been a most difficult year with injuries and all but even given that I fail to understand a few things:
--why do our running backs seem to stutter step before going to the hole that is supposed to be there and sometimes is
--why do we not throw over the middle more--quick, short passes
--why do we not have a play selection to be used why a blitz is anticipated. What we are using is clearly not working.
--why is there no element of surprise in our offense. It's like we run the same plays time after time after time and most of the time with fair or poor results
--why is it that when the pass or running is working we seem to switch out of it when it is very obvious that the opponent is having trouble handling it.
There are several other questions but I believe the answer can be traced to the fact that our O has become "stale". Sure we don't have the best O line but that is the fault of pour recruiting and if one believes that all schools above us have great O lines, think again.
I just want us to continue to improve and I see this year as a clear step backwards.
Go Tigers and beat the crap out of those Chickens

Nov 20, 2014, 8:49 AM

i agree...there are ups and downs

but losing to FSU and South Carolina every year is unacceptable

we continue to struggle against good competition regardless of the roster / depth chart

"Should you expect absolute perfection and national championships each year?"

Should we expect less? When you played, were those not the teams expectations?

Boo birds need to keep their boos to themselves if in attendance.

we can agree on that! Death Valley is for cheering, not for booing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post sir-

Nov 20, 2014, 9:01 AM

Just a real good post!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how much less can you care about it?***

Nov 20, 2014, 9:19 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

The fools are always there. They just wait for the smallest

Nov 20, 2014, 9:21 AM

issues so that start their ranting. They're entitled to a national championship every year...actually some of them need it for their self-worth. On some level, I think some of these people hate when we are playing well because then they have nothing to say.

null

It happens everytime SCar wins and we lose. You can

Nov 20, 2014, 10:25 AM

almost set your watch to it. Some are likely true, but upset Tiger fans. The most I think are just juvenile coots trolling our boards. I think a virus is a good analogy. I find it best to just stay away for week.

The problem is that to some degree they accomplish their goal of downgrading the school and the program.

Good post.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!******

Nov 20, 2014, 4:49 PM

NM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,173
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic