Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who has link showing first down marker against UoL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Who has link showing first down marker against UoL

Oct 25, 2016, 11:52 AM

?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Petrino***

Oct 25, 2016, 11:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's in his saddle bag.***

Oct 25, 2016, 12:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Who has link showing first down marker against UoL

Oct 25, 2016, 11:54 AM

There was no first down marker present.

Signed,

Whiny Patrino

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who has link showing first down marker against UoL

Oct 25, 2016, 12:04 PM
IMG_8550.PNG(745.1 K)

Let it go. We won... (24 days ago). Oh and Google works!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i has the confuse

Oct 25, 2016, 4:55 PM

The Clemson players are already celebrating but the referee hasn't even marked the ball yet. How do they know he didn't get the first down when there is no marker and the referee hasn't signaled turnover on downs yet?

Re: i has the confuse

Oct 25, 2016, 4:58 PM

The defense definitely knew where they had to get to in order to convert... they knew Edmond stopped him.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2016, 6:05 PM [ in reply to i has the confuse ]

Because to anyone with a brain, it was clear as day, that's why.

And I don't know if you're having problems seeing or what, but the first down marker was clearly there, I posted it earlier in this thread. It was 12" back from where it should be but it's not like the guy tucked it in his pants. Why are we still talking about this 3+ weeks after the victory again? Could have sworn we were playing a huge game against FSU in 4 days. LET IT GO!

Oct 25, 2016, 6:10 PM [ in reply to i has the confuse ]

In case you still want to dwell in the past, here's an article for you that explains it better. Bottom line, those fn markers aren't always exactly visible (snow, wind, etc.) and you, as a player, should be cognizant of where the first down line is. Further, he could have easily juked inside or pulled a b-button spin move and gotten a touchdown but...

He didn't, we won.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2016/10/2/13136970/louisville-clemson-football-james-quick-first-down?client=safari

Oct 25, 2016, 7:49 PM

Yankee, I'm glad that you posted that link. 12" off? Yeah, if your measuring the front edge to where it was placed to the back edge of where it should have been. Does the person that handles the marker normally stand on top of it as well like he did on that play? Funny, because no other time during the game was the marker placed like it was on that last play. I've watched the game several times and he placed the marker in the correct position each and every time that Clemson had the ball. I guess it was just a brain fart he experienced when placing the marker down right before he gleefully cheered when Quick came up short. Maybe Clemson fan and head official, Gary Patteron told him to do it.

Yeah, Clemson got the W but everyone outside of Clemson, SC is fully aware that Louisville was the better team that night which is why a losing Cardinals team has gotten more love and press from the media than a winning Clemson team has. Even Vegas knows since they said Louisville would be a favorite over every team except Alabama on a neutral field and the Cards even have lower odds over Clemson to with the National Championship.

Maybe we can meet up in the NC because I love my Cards chances when they don't have to deal with Clemson's shady officials and piped in crowd noise.

Oct 25, 2016, 8:05 PM
IMG_8559.PNG(39.7 K)

We have met you there though, you lost there too. You're 0-3 against Clemson, deal with it. Why you jerk-offs go out of your way to come over to an opponent board, bother registering, or pleading your 4-week old sad story here is beyond all of us. If I cared about your twisted opinion, I'd come over to your site!

Like a million sports writers have said over the last 3 weeks - Quick should have been more cognizant of the situation. You say you've watched it several times? Why didn't he cut inside then? Why didn't he make ANY effort to get into the end zone? I'd love to sit here all night and lick the tears off your sad cheeks but guess what...

FSU in four days. See you in the finals... no wait, you won't be in them. ????

Oct 25, 2016, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: i has the confuse ]

The salt is real here.
1) everyone knows the officials love to #### us over. So that's invalid.
2) "piped in crowd noise" nope, our stadium is just really #### loud and always has been. Weak argument especially for a college football fan
3) Have you seen the efficiency numbers for that game? Clemson's offense effectively dragged Louisville up and down the field to the tune of 8 yards per play. Louisville averaged a respectable 5 1/2...on almost twice as many plays. Advantage tigers
4) man y'all are annoying. Give it up, you lost, nobody stole this from you even though Clemson tried to give it away via 5 turnovers...

Good luck the rest of the year, don't get tripped up by a 2-loss Houston team

Oct 25, 2016, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: i has the confuse ]

Further, because I'm bored and feeling generous:

NCAA Rule 1-2-7-d states that the use of an unofficial line-to-gain ground marker - which is on the opposite sideline of the official 10-yard chain - is only RECOMMENDED and not mandated, and there is NO SPECIFIED DISTANCE off the playing field at which it is to be placed.

Refer to page 17 of the rule book if you disagree:

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/FR17.pdf

I promise you one thing. If it's 4th & 12 next year and we are on y'alls 14 yard line with 40 seconds in regulation... Clemson is going for the end zone, not a cute first down. Write it down. See you in Louisville in 2017.

Oct 25, 2016, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: i has the confuse ]

28-10 at the half. Got outplayed by clemsom in every aspect of the game except turnovers. Cosnider yourself lucky that you received gifts from the football gods in the form of turnovers or no one would even be talking about this game anymore.

Oct 25, 2016, 8:19 PM

Exactly. This guy doesn't understand that without the turnovers, they walk away with a 44-17 loss minimally. Get lost Card, we're only thinking FSU this week. :)

Oct 25, 2016, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: i has the confuse ]

So how you do reckon the Clemson defenders knew exactly where the first-down line was, and your guy didn't? If anyone had a brain fart, it was Quick or maybe your coaching staff. Also, "piped in crowd noise?" LOL.. welcome to Death Valley, bud. That's just how we roll. No need for artificial noise. Maybe one day Papa John's pizza box can dream of reaching our level (yeah, right..)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's some funnnny shitzzzz right there

Oct 25, 2016, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Who has link showing first down marker against UoL ]

In that photo

Jimmy Hoffa***

Oct 25, 2016, 12:05 PM

No link, but I do have this photo....

Oct 25, 2016, 12:30 PM
Down Marker.jpg(346.5 K)

....hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Petrino says, "That is too obvious. It was clearly

Oct 25, 2016, 12:42 PM

in Lot 1"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

If I find it, I may frame it. Along with UL's last two fails

Oct 25, 2016, 12:42 PM

against us. I have a nice place on the wall to put it up in my DV shrine.

down.....

Oct 25, 2016, 3:57 PM

there somewhere:

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TNet never fails me...

Oct 25, 2016, 5:33 PM

Actually, I was attempting to settle a bet and needed prove.

Misguided friend's position: "UoL should have won because the was no first down marker. It was illegal."

My position: "There is no rule that says there has to be a marker like the one in question, but it was there nonetheless, it was just a couple of feet further away from the sideline as normal. There's video proof that it was."

Misguided friend's counter: "There was no marker at all and the video and pictures prove it."

Wager: $1800 set of new tires for my motor home. (Misguided friend owns a tire shop.)

I could not find any link to the video that does indeed show the marker and my TNet friend's did not deliver in time. :(

Had to call off the bet.

Re: TNet never fails me...

Oct 25, 2016, 5:46 PM

The link to the pic was posted above at 12:04p...

Now EYE has the confuse!

Oct 25, 2016, 6:46 PM [ in reply to TNet never fails me... ]

WHO in their right (or left) mind relies on tnet when there is $1800 on the line?

Methinks I smells an internet ho-ax...

...jes' sayin'...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic