Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
While I would love to see Ross sign.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

While I would love to see Ross sign.....

Jan 25, 2018, 4:54 PM

He is not actually imperative in my opinion. We are stacked at WR(young too) currently and would like to see another OL,DB and Safety sign . Reality is the next class will be huge and WR can be addressed then as we surely will not need one to play the 2018 season with what is currently on the roster.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While I would love to see Ross sign.....

Jan 25, 2018, 4:58 PM

I agree that WR is not a current need, but with the scholarship count currently at 82, and a couple more transfers likely, we could fill your wish list and still take Ross if Dabo can do his home visit magic.

Jan 25, 2018, 5:10 PM

I can agree with that point if we have open scholarships but really I would love more OL. Game is won in the trenches and the more big nasty guys we have the better I would feel.

That how I feel too.

Jan 25, 2018, 5:04 PM

We have Kendrick to try and get PT too. We're stacked. We will land more in 2019. We're stacked and set.

I would prefer another LB'er to be honest.

Jan 25, 2018, 5:18 PM

We don't seem that stacked at LB to me at all.

Re: I would prefer another LB'er to be honest.

Jan 25, 2018, 5:20 PM

Yeah , that is a bit of a concern too. Thing is KJ, depending upon how he fills out could play LB given his quickness and size.

Maybe Logan Rudolph too*****

Jan 25, 2018, 7:53 PM

Jan 25, 2018, 5:30 PM [ in reply to I would prefer another LB'er to be honest. ]

KJ was recruited by some as an OLB, he is open to playing either position as well he claimed. Micah Parson supposedly made the move to LB for PSU so we could do the same, but I doubt we will.

Jan 25, 2018, 5:37 PM

KJ is listed at 6'5"and 220, so he will need to put on some serious weight for DE. I agree he could make a move to LB and be pretty effective in blitz packages early at LB, unless somehow he puts on 35-45 pounds over the next 8 months DE is gonna be tough .

Jan 25, 2018, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I would prefer another LB'er to be honest. ]

I was just thinking how lucky our coaching staff is to have all these suggestions about who they should try and get.Im sure some division 1 program will ###### all of you gurus up before you get on our staff.Lol

Jan 25, 2018, 5:56 PM

Well I am retired so I am available to Coach DB's or WR's, if you have any offers send them my way! I am sure there is a spot for a slow old white guy with a 6 inch vertical leap somewhere to whip those kids in to shape and impart technique.

I am sure Dabo comes on here all the time, but...

Jan 25, 2018, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I would prefer another LB'er to be honest. ]

is called a coot due to low post count. I have noticed some of ideas he has implemented. I have to take credit for the play to Renfrow vs Bama. You're welcome.

The thing is, we need another receiver of his size

Jan 25, 2018, 6:01 PM

this year. Right now we have Higgins, Overton, and ____ who else at the 9 position?

With the departures of Cain and McCloud we will have 8 receivers on the roster including Kendrick. However, only Higgins and Overton are 6'4"+, which is generally what our 9 receivers are.

I know you want O-linemen, but we could get Ross, another O-lineman and be good. You have to remember that we redshirted some talented linemen last year and we return a good bit as well as adding more talent this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The thing is, we need another receiver of his size

Jan 25, 2018, 6:17 PM

In 2018 we are fine Not many times we threw it up for the 9 position anyway. It is never a bad thing to have too many DL or OL guys in the pipeline , like I said earlier the game is won on the line. Right now DL is plum packed full, so get the OL in a position to reload and all will be good. Yes we have some good talent that was RS , the one thing that Bama does really well is have full grown men step up in RS Junior and RS Senior positions that have spent several years working on the craft and gaining the physical tools to be dominant.

Jan 26, 2018, 3:16 PM

so glad you are on staff...takes a lot of pressure off the coaches...go check out some more tape

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic