Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which teams with bizarre uniforms recruit well?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,070

Which teams with bizarre uniforms recruit well?

Oct 9, 2020, 10:40 PM

Oregon does. I think they do it best and did it first.

But of the other P5 teams with gimmicky uniforms like Louisville, Maryland, and Scar with all of their fugly combinations, do any of them recruit at an elite level? (Obviously not these three examples, but trying to think of any who truly recruit well other than Oregon)

The justification for these uniforms is normally “kids like them so it helps our recruiting.” But the elite recruiting teams like Clemson, Bama, LSU, OSU, OU, Texas and eventually USC again have traditional uniforms.

Don’t see any benefit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

West Virginia. They’ve come out with some odd unis in recent years

Oct 9, 2020, 10:50 PM

UCF’s space uniform was a pretty cool one off.

This is a pretty good reminder of some of the recent alternates that have come out:

https://www.18stripes.com/the-top-12-modern-college-football-alternate-uniforms/

I forgot until I looked at that list that Notre Dame also has gone weird with uniforms in recent years, so you can add them to the schools that recruit well using odd uniforms.

Message was edited by: owensb01®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which teams with bizarre uniforms recruit well?

Oct 9, 2020, 10:57 PM

Just like GT (the 404) should have kept their traditional white at Home. They have gone gimmicky too.

Re: Which teams with bizarre uniforms recruit well?

Oct 9, 2020, 11:06 PM

The GT traditional uniform is one of the best looks in college football. Not sure why they want to go away from that.

In general Adidas teams do weird things in the uniform design. NC State looks trashy, like their fans. Of the Adidas schools, Miami is probably the best when they go with just their normal uniforms. Nebraska looks normal too. A&M is Adidas and don’t do bizarre changes, but it’s not a great look with weird numbers and no stripe on the pants.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,070
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic