Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where did the time go when every year was our year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,430

Where did the time go when every year was our year.

Dec 24, 2012, 6:50 PM

I've waited way too many years for Clemson to be Clemson again. So long, in fact, being Clemson has taken on an entirely different and opposite meaning.

Coaches, chit or get off the pot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is always my year/ our year. When I awake in April

Dec 24, 2012, 6:56 PM

when I awake in September

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where did the time go when every year was our year.

Dec 24, 2012, 7:07 PM

Please define what you mean by Clemson being Clemson again?And when was every year our year?
Is it your expectations,or has the Administration/Athletic Dept. let you down by not hiring the Sabins,Tanners,Coach K's of the world that will bring all those championships you expect?
We all want Clemson to succeed,but when you point fingers at the coaches,[maybe]it's time you took a long hard look in your mirror!

Dec 24, 2012, 7:17 PM

Leftie, you tell me what 'pulling a Clemson,' means these days.

And as for every year being our year I've have to remember the eighties.

I don't give a rat's #### who our coach is I just want Clemson to be respected again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2012, 7:46 PM

I do not know where ,or who coined the phrase "Pulling a Clemson",but I do know this.Winning one National Championship 31 yrs ago is nowhere near being when every year was our year.
And the way to get respect is to earn it,and you don't earn it by losing games to Maryland,or Wake every year, or going almost 20 yrs between conference titles.
You don't get it,and never will if you can't go on the road to Cameron,or the Dean Dome and win at least occassionally.And you certainly don't do when your arch rival can win 2 out of 3 games in back to back years on their way to 2 CWS Titles while you fail to get out of a regional.
Our rival owns us right now,but it's not because of the coaches.I think it's more of the [current] Administration that places higher standards on academics(which they should),and not on athletics.
So point your finger there!

And in a pasture CoachFord scrapes the manure from his shoe***

Dec 24, 2012, 7:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's b/c that manure did not earn its way on his shoe...***

Dec 24, 2012, 7:45 PM

I think a lot of fans are overly optimistic, thinking each

Dec 24, 2012, 8:05 PM

year is "our" year, setting their expectations too high and getting frustrated as a result. I don't consider myself a pumper or a dumper, but somewhere in between. And the season before this one, I thought we could go 2-10 or 10-2, luckily it was the latter. I keep my expectations leveled, never thinking we're going straight to the top, but also not counting them out in tough games.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is every year will feel like our year to a select few, and they will do nothing but set themselves up for disappointment...

Dec 24, 2012, 8:09 PM

I hate posts such as this. If Clemson isn't good enough for you ....................

Wasn't this year Clemson's year after a great showing last

Dec 24, 2012, 10:07 PM

year?

Except for FSU, wasn't this the best team in the conference?

10-1 and in the BCS at large discussion and even a very small outside NC discussion before the rivalry loss is pretty #### nice.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

most tiger fans had/have '13 circled to be "our" year.

Dec 25, 2012, 5:49 AM

we can be pretty solid with a few breaks. we need a couple people to stay in school and a few others step-up their game. also, a few more highly thought of recruits, at a few key positions would be helpful.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That "time" ended when we hired Terry Don Phillips!!**********

Dec 25, 2012, 9:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,430
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic