Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What...da...fuq
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 769

What...da...fuq

Feb 28, 2015, 2:26 PM

You have GOT to be $hiting me right now. How do you blow a 20 point lead in 10 minutes? I just….I seriously just cannot deal with this basketball team anymore. I am a diehard supporter of Clemson atheletics. At least with sports like football and baseball, we are able to recruit at high levels and experience some measure of success. But our basketball program.....is an absolute $hitstorm of a joke. I cannot keep supporting this team. Simply put, it's embarrassing. That's not take away from the players like Harrison and Hall, we really do give us their best, and I believe play as good as they can for their limited skill set. But the fact is: this team, and on a bigger level this entire program, is abysmal. Am I the only one who feels this way?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What...da...fuq

Feb 28, 2015, 2:28 PM

Well, bye.

Bye...***

Feb 28, 2015, 2:35 PM

So you just admitted you're a fair weather fan***

Feb 28, 2015, 2:39 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 28, 2015, 2:40 PM

Join the club! I played basketball and people will criticize this post but fact of the matter is your right! Half the Clemson fan base just sees the score at the end of games! They don't see the whole games! Clemson is no where near elite or above average for a basketball program! Something needs to change to get us to the next level but it will take money and support from a university that to this point hasnt cared to make basketball a main stay to this point! I honestly think recruiting and tweeking the style of play to more aggressive style offensively will change this program for the better

Feb 28, 2015, 4:00 PM

Since you played basketball, you should know that in order to deserve the opportunity to show off shooting skills, you first need to earn the right to do so by playing hard-nosed, tenacious defense. Every good coach I've been around has stressed the importance of that.

For most of today's game, the Tigers played good defense, even though it wasn't against the most talented offensive players in the conference. Brownell is doing what he can with what he has to work with and he's instilling a sense of toughness in the program. What he needs now is more talent, which joins a circular argument of whether he is high-profile enough to attract the talent.

So, while the question of whether he's a high-profile coach is certainly debatable, I reckon nothing makes a coach high-profile better than a winning team. Give him some time.

Feb 28, 2015, 4:05 PM

nm

Replies: 6
| visibility 769
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic