Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What would Dabo have done?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,408

What would Dabo have done?

Jan 12, 2017, 8:15 AM

Let's just post a theoretical and say that Renfrow (God forbid) had dropped that ball or something happened and we didn't score a TD on that play at the end. Do you think Dabo would have gone for it with one second left or would he have kicked the field goal? Personally I think he would have gone for it. He's been a chance taker all season and I think he would have said "Let's go ahead and win this thing now."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What would Dabo have done?

Jan 12, 2017, 8:17 AM

Fg

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FG***

Jan 12, 2017, 8:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he would have kicked the field goal. We had

Jan 12, 2017, 8:19 AM

basically shut down their offense except for that fluke drive that put them up 31-28.

On the other hand, their defense was worn out and couldn't slow our offense down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

He would've kicked the FG and gone to OT

And we would've won in OT. Our offense was imposing its will on Bama and as soon as Bama had a possession in OT where they settled for a FG, DW4 would've won it for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Copycat***

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Go back to FGF coot!***

Jan 12, 2017, 8:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 12, 2017, 8:23 AM

He's on record saying he would have kicked the FG.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like this hypothetical better....

Jan 12, 2017, 8:30 AM

what if there were only 5 seconds on the clock...is that enough to confidently run a play? What about 4sec. What was the time in which Dabo would have decided it was best not to chance another play. That MW play right before only took 3 seconds...which I was worried would have been reviewed or something because that seems very short for a play to be run not matter what.

luckily in the end it doesn't matter :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Je was asked after game what if there was 5 secs on the clock instead of 6

Jan 12, 2017, 8:44 AM

He said he felt like it was a 4 second play so he would have gone for it with 5 seconds left. If it didnt work or there was less time on the clock he would have kicked the FG.

5 maybe, 4 definitely not.

Jan 12, 2017, 8:48 AM [ in reply to I like this hypothetical better.... ]

5 is still really risky though. That was about as fast of a play that we could run and it took 5 seconds. If it had been incomplete there may have been 1 second left, maybe.

FG***

Jan 12, 2017, 8:34 AM

Jan 12, 2017, 8:43 AM

FG
we would have had a clear advantage in overtime IMO

He said in an interview that they were prepared to kick the

Jan 12, 2017, 8:45 AM

FG and go to OT if they had to.