Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is going on with Tnet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 2,048

What is going on with Tnet

Dec 14, 2012, 9:36 AM

everyday a new article comes out that looks like the following:

-recruit decommits
-look at this recruit with Coach Richt
-would TAMU consider ponying up the 6.5 million
-its only a matter of time before the Chad leaves

I'm gonna be real with you swann, crump, and bmeist. Lots of depressing, unrealistic, reaching, and complete crap articles posted on this site recently.

Its one thing if you post an actual article, but its another thing all together to put on paper the Clemson apocalypse that COULD happen. Not once but every single day. It is starting to reach that point where I just don't come on the site anymore. And yes I get it...who cares if one person doesn't come. However, I have to think that a majority of fans that come on here do not want to look at a picture of one of our recruits with a UGA jersey on high fiving an opposing coach

The world could end tomorrow. I am not going to sit here all day writing about what COULD HAPPEN in my worst case scenario. Just tired of coming on here and seeing articles making the worst out of every..single..situation. The Chad stays at CU and now I am reading some bs about a school paying 7 million to hire him away. Then I continue reading and see "its only a matter of time" HELL ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE WE ALL DIE.

I can tell you this. Is sure doesn't help recruiting when one of the main CU fan sites spews a bunch of depressing nonsense on the daily. We just finished winning 10 games for the second consecutive season. Our OC who is one of the best will be at CU for next season. I'm happy with our football program.

I am one of the more realistic (non kool aid) drinkers on this board, but sheesh enough is enough.

End Rant.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon dude....

Dec 14, 2012, 9:40 AM

The world is not going to end tomorrow.

Everybody knows the world is going to end next Friday (12/21/12).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

What would you say when a 'commit' really decommits?

Dec 14, 2012, 9:41 AM

Would you NOT complain that TNet missed it and only reported it after the fact? I doubt it.

Re: What would you say when a 'commit' really decommits?

Dec 14, 2012, 9:44 AM

Like I said it is not about just posting an article about a decommit. It is more about how this stuff is being reported.

Instead of being happy about Morris staying we are all reading TAMU is going to drop 7 mil to get him and even if they don't he is leaving anyways

I mean come on. Give it a rest. We get it. He is a hot commodity. So was Bud Foster

Just ignore the posts and articles

Dec 14, 2012, 9:54 AM

That depress you. I was only highlighting one part of what you don't like to make a larger point. Posting articles and announcing chats/broadcasts about things that are very likely or possible in the future but negative seems all a part of the mix. The choice of the topic - Morris eventually finding an HC spot - seems like a reasonable one for a chat since many poster on TNet are constantly typing/commenting about it. It may not suit you, but it will probably get decent participation from other TNetters. At least the Subject line is well spelled out so I or you don't have to click on it.

Re: Just ignore the posts, articles, and the T male

Dec 14, 2012, 10:16 AM

that will surely follow your tirade. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't take it so personally. This is the interwebs.***

Re: Don't take it so personally. This is the interwebs.***

Dec 14, 2012, 9:46 AM

Not taking anything personally. Just speaking on how one Tiger fan feels on this site these days.

Looking forward to the next article to come out entitled "LSU could decapitate Boyd"

I know the feeling - and I've just decided to move on

Dec 14, 2012, 9:59 AM

I've started looking at all of this from an economic perspective: blogs have to have visitors, and provocative headlines and content - whether positive or negative - will attract visitors.

I appreciate the access to this content, and leave it at that. Otherwise it just frustrates me - and I've got no shortage of things that already frustrate me...

agreed

+1

I don't think Clemson fans in general like seeing pics of recruits with other coaches when they decide Clemson is not the place for them or hearing about a player that has little or no interest in us!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: What is going on with Tnet

Dec 14, 2012, 9:50 AM

I agree the article value drop and the lack of hardly any moderation on Tiger Board are making me visit here less and less.

They have also made me stop my next donation.

null

Well said. ******

Dec 14, 2012, 9:54 AM

null

Pretty much agree ...

Dec 14, 2012, 9:55 AM

The site and many poser posters are overly negative. It's one thing to be balanced, but TigerNet should be renamed to Chicken-Little-Net - all puns intended.

Re: Pretty much agree ...

Dec 14, 2012, 10:02 AM

Tropical,

I expect it from the posters, and a lot of times I am one of them. I do not expect to see it on the front page DAILY. Get your shots in and move the freak on. Its one after another after another after another.

They're just reporting the news. More importantly, what is

Dec 14, 2012, 10:02 AM

going on with Clemson?

I don't see us winning the bowl game, either. It's only going to get worse. Hey the indoor practice facility is open!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: They're just reporting the news. More importantly, what is

Dec 14, 2012, 10:06 AM

Tigerdrummer,

I don't think reporting the worst case what ifs every single day is reporting news. I think that is depressing speculation on the level of a Bart Wright.

Yeah, you didn't think we would win the ACC

Dec 14, 2012, 10:43 AM [ in reply to They're just reporting the news. More importantly, what is ]

championship game last year either. How did that work out?

If Clemson beats LSU I'll be very surprised. Also

Dec 14, 2012, 5:11 PM

frustrated wondering why we couldn't play like that with USuC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: What is going on with Tnet- you left out RN

Dec 14, 2012, 10:05 AM

and everything he says, does, or thinks

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or what he is probably

Dec 14, 2012, 11:27 AM

thinking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2012, 10:08 AM

Well Halllelujah!I could not agree more!

Dec 14, 2012, 10:30 AM

I am going to assume you didn't click on it. It's not an article. It's a copy of El Swann's show from a couple of days ago. We always post it after the fact but I admit it was very bad timing this time.

Dec 14, 2012, 10:34 AM

Thank you for saying what I've been thinking. The past week I've been much more active on TCI as a result of all this "reporting" going on here. The only reason I still am here is to compare the quality of their content, and so far it's much better on all fronts. The only edge Tnet seems to have is a large volume of recruiting updates, though the quality sucks.

As an example... a "tweet" by a reporter being posted indicating that a coach has interviewed with XYZ school and is likely going to get the job is NOT news. Same said tweet along with "we contacted Coach ABC and School XYZ, and both have (denied/confirmed) this is accurate" IS news.

I like Tnet, and I've been a member here a long time. But between this abrupt turn in reporting and the lack of moderation of non-Clemson folks that just come here to stir the pot, I just can't spend time here like I have in the past. If it changes, great! I will happily visit this site for more news in the future, but if it continues along the gossip path.. no thanks.

The show was recorded on Wednesday just after the conclusion

Dec 14, 2012, 10:36 AM

of Texas Tech's hiring. The article that goes along with this week's show only points to the topics that were discussed at that time.

If you don't think that Chad Morris will ever leave- or even in the next year or so, that's your right.

If you listen to the show and disagree with my thoughts on those topics that is fine too.

Thanks for listening!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No offense intended ... just a combination of factors .***

Dec 14, 2012, 11:59 AM

Non taken on my end- I've got to talk about the topics.***

Dec 14, 2012, 12:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The show was recorded on Wednesday just after the conclusion

Dec 14, 2012, 12:53 PM [ in reply to The show was recorded on Wednesday just after the conclusion ]

Swann,

We have been living the Chad Morris soap opera for about a month now. I never once stated that I did not believe Chad would leave. In fact I stated "I get it. He is a hot commodity". Clemson fans understand this. Trust me it has been shoved in our face every second of every day.

Now a couple days after TT hires a different coach other than our OC I come back onto tnet only to see the "well he is going at some point" article and "TAMU may hire Morris by paying the 7 million". What in the history of college football athletics makes you think that is even a remote possibility. We get it. We understand. Can we not have a break for 5 seconds on the Chad Morris topic.

I am sure Dabo is tired of the negative recruiting out there regard the "well he is going to go anyways" comments. I figure the one place we can all go to NOT see that would be...well.....TIGERNET

Once again this is just my opinion. I am not saying I do not appreciate Tnet because obviously I do. Also I am not saying that I don't post negative posts because I do ALL THE TIME. That being said kick that horse and move on. I feel like we have beat this into oblivion

To clear some things up with the show info-

Dec 14, 2012, 4:49 PM

In this episode of TigerNet Talk: Clemson avoids losing Chad Morris to Texas Tech, but it's only a matter of time before he becomes a head coach.
-This we know is most likely a fact. Perhaps at some point he is the head coach at Clemson- who knows.

The second part said-

Would Texas A&M really consider shelling out $6.5 million for "The Chad"?

-I'd say that's a fair question. Not a statement that he is or will leave this year. Would they? I doubt it, but money talks. If they really want him I guess they would.

We don't need to get into the details of when the show was recorded etc. but the show notes are only to identify the topics that I spoke about.

Thanks for the discussion and I hope you will join us to talk about our Tigers this Wednesday at 9PM.

El Swann does a great job***

Dec 14, 2012, 5:30 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you are getting Tigerboard confused with Tnet

Dec 14, 2012, 10:56 AM

Just because someone posts it on Tigerboard doesn't mean it was "reported" by TNet. Also, in the majority of sections it is a compilation of things concerning Clemson around the Web. They aren't Editorializing they are reposting for our information.

Any articles that are written are concerning the things going on at Clemson and things the fans are interested to know. Which is often the things people are saying concerning Clemson on a larger scale. (see above sections)

Don't forget to read the source section at the Top of the updates.

If you do these things you'll will understand what you don't seem to understand right now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

They call it like they see it. I wish more on this site

Dec 14, 2012, 11:18 AM

would do that. Losing to USuC again makes everyone edgy, we win that game and nobody cares about this crap.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

This is not Micky dees where you can have it your way***

Dec 14, 2012, 5:10 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 2,048
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic