Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are folks thoughts about Muschamp??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

What are folks thoughts about Muschamp??

Dec 4, 2015, 9:11 AM

I have been hoping all along that they hire Muschamp. I was a bit worried about Kirby, but now UGA's getting him. I also worried about Herman, but it looks like he's staying put. My though the whole time is that I want them to get Muschamp, b/c he wouldn't worry me too much - I would expect him to revive the program, really. That said, I wonder if I'm putting too much stock in what happened at UF. See the article below. I have zero inside baseball on this but it makes it sound like he learned some lessons at UF and is bound and determined to revamp how he does things next time. All things considered, he still wouldn't worry me as much as some others, I guess, but if he does anything like what he did at UF, that would be GRAND!

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Bolt/Gamecocks-Search-The-case-for-Will-Muschamp-41662660

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he hires a good OC they could certainly be decent

Dec 4, 2015, 9:14 AM

I don't think they'll come close to sniffing 11 win seasons with him, but he can probably get them back to where Lou had them. Mostly winning seasons with eight or nine being a good year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can sum up Muschamp in one word. Lunatic.***

Dec 4, 2015, 9:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that part will be pretty funny!!*

Dec 4, 2015, 9:16 AM

d

Having worked with for personnel for over 20 years...he's crazy!***

Dec 4, 2015, 9:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

huh?***

Dec 4, 2015, 9:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Having worked with for personnel for over 20 years...he's crazy!***

Dec 4, 2015, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Having worked with for personnel for over 20 years...he's crazy!*** ]

Well he could recruit better Talent at Florida... And still didn't succed during a down time in SEC lEAST..

He's a good D coordinator but cannot run a program. Let's not forget who his DC was while at Florida. How much of that succed was Dan Quins?

fringe

Dec 4, 2015, 9:37 AM [ in reply to I can sum up Muschamp in one word. Lunatic.*** ]

I know you're out there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: What are folks thoughts about Muschamp??

Dec 4, 2015, 9:17 AM

Of course the story would be that he learned some lessons from the Florida situation. Would you expect him to say he's going to do things exactly the same as he did there?

Keep in mind . . .

Dec 4, 2015, 9:21 AM

I'm not taking it w/o a grain of salt, but we're not talking about interview fluff-rhetoric here ("I learned my lessons, I'll do better") - it's a reporter conveying specifics about plans. It's plenty conceivable a guy would just say what he thinks folks want to hear, but it's also conceivable that he may look back on his Gainesville tenure and spot the same stubborn philosophical approach everyone else noticed - and find ways to deal with it.

Dec 4, 2015, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: What are folks thoughts about Muschamp?? ]

according to Rome, GA paper (where he went to high school) the offensive coordinator fro U of Ok and Rich Rod are also interviewing.

Dec 4, 2015, 9:20 AM

I'd love them to get Muschamp, an overrated lunatic who would have so many sideline mini-meltdowns to enjoy over the next few years that it would be priceless!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thoughts LOL he is a total jerk off perfect for the coots***

Dec 4, 2015, 9:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All The Talent

Dec 4, 2015, 9:23 AM

he had in florida and on defense at auburn and he has nothing to show for it. not sure what the fascination is with him yet. at texas, they were loaded with talent on d. i could have coached them

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Makes sense: He lost to Georgia Southern when they were FCS

Dec 4, 2015, 9:26 AM

at Florida, and Scar just lost to The Citadel. Seems like a good match.

He couldn't win at Florida....

Dec 4, 2015, 9:30 AM

The is absolutely no basis whatsoever to believe that he would do any better at $CU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I honestly think he would only add to the dumpster fire in

Dec 4, 2015, 10:59 AM

Cootlumbia. I really don't see him going there. Think about it, this would really be his last stand as a major college coach. Would he really want that shot to be at USucK?

Of course, since he is a good DC, he would have that to fall back on. But, like Lame Kiffen, his ego forces him to want to be the Head Coach, even if he is no good at it.

Re: I honestly think he would only add to the dumpster fire in

Dec 4, 2015, 11:08 AM

If I was a recruit,I wouldn't want to play for that lunatic!

Re: I honestly think he would only add to the dumpster fire in

Dec 4, 2015, 11:14 AM

He is very entertaining, sort of like GG Allin.

Wouldn't want either in our program, or even at a barbeque, but I would very much like to watch him from afar at the Cacks.

Muschump is great match for coots. Hope they hire him.

Dec 4, 2015, 11:16 AM

Lot like Spurlid, he is full of himself, plus he would retain lot of staff there including Spurlid Jr. His character is just the opposite of Dabo! He was paymaster at Auburn his first go around there, and I wonder if he ever gave payouts up?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic