Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What People are not getting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

What People are not getting

Dec 7, 2015, 1:01 PM

about the Dabo and the punting situation:

Yes he went off on the kid (and rightfully so)
Did he go too far? Maybe. It all depends on HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT KID. As a coach, we know what it takes to motivate our players. Some you can lay into, some will shut down instantly. From the outside looking in, it looks like Dabo was taking it too far, but he knows exactly what he can and can't do to motivate the kid.

We have to realize that the situation didn't end after halftime. Anytime you chew a kid out like that, you then take him to the side as soon as you can and talk to him. This could have been in the hallway before going out for the half or after the game but I can promise you Dabo has talked to Teasdale.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: What People are not getting

Dec 7, 2015, 1:07 PM

Agree. Dabo cracked a joke in the locker room after the game in his speech to the team toward Teasedale. And laughed it off. I'm sure he spoke to him privately.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 1:07 PM

I agree that all kids react differently. I have one kid that responds more to me getting upset and yelling...the other will completely shut down. I get that...but I do think it went to far..as to whether AT thought it did is the real question. I am sure it was all handled well in private and he and AT may even be laughing about it today....but on live TV it was not a good look for Dabo or Clemson.

There's where you missing it... "not a good look" is not

Dec 7, 2015, 1:14 PM

what's important... Coaching is about results.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 1:15 PM

heck I have seen and been through worse win I didn't have the grass cut win I was suppose to. let it ride...................

Dec 7, 2015, 1:20 PM

Why is Saban getting a free pass for doing exactly. The ,same thing with one of his players and everybodys jumping all over Dabo? Oh, sorry I forgot this is about CLEMSON!!!!!! Get over it people we are the number 1 team and will win the championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And add that

Dec 7, 2015, 1:32 PM

most coaching is behind what the public sees, the day to day stuff. Not sideline histrionics that we see on game day. Even then we don't see much b/c they are usually on their headset. The majority of coaching is done in practice - or preparing for same - where we get only glimpses now and then when the media breaks through.

Dec 7, 2015, 1:38 PM

Watching the replay of the game, a little lip reading you could see Dabo saying "Just do your job". A lot of other stuff said but this was easy to decipher.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic